Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XK3Y for the Xbox360

Options
  • 19-11-2013 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

howdy lads,
    ive been shopping around for a new drive for my 360 because its starting to stick, i came across the XK3Y, it basically sits between the drive and motherboard and tricks the 360 that a game has been loaded via the drive.

Thing is, you need to load the firmware from the xbox on to it for it to work.
    Is there anywhere in waterford that supplies the XK3Y and fits it?
    Anyone here do the ould mods that i can talk to privately?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

yeah, you still need to pull the firmware from the xbox.. to do that you need more equipment, hence my asking if anyone does the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

surely the xbox model you have firmware is online available for download n simply copy paste to d sd card ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

not waterford related

Cabaal wrote: »
    not waterford related

It is when im in waterford and seeing if there is someone local that can do it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

surely the xbox model you have firmware is online available for download n simply copy paste to d sd card ?

sorry HB, ive not modded these before, wasnt aware the firmwares were online, i thought they were console specific..

0rt wrote: »
    sorry HB, ive not modded these before, wasnt aware the firmwares were online, i thought they were console specific..

They are drive specific, you need to read the firmware from the drive and dump it on the Xkey.

You will need xtra tools to read the firmware from the drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

0rt wrote: »
    It is when im in waterford and seeing if there is someone local that can do it. :rolleyes:

The Waterford forum isn't there to discuss console modding, this forum is. There's a sticky at the top of the forum with a list of people offerinig modding services, which is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

There are no generic firmwares that will work. Every DVD drive has a key in its firmware, the key is paired with the motherboard. You need to read your firmware from your own drive.

Since you have a slim you've limited options. If it's an older slim then you can use the X360USB to do it, if it's a newer slim then you have to RGH the board to get into the keyvault which also holds the DVD key - you can't read it from the drive. If you're going to go through the bother of glitching I'd leave it glitched to be honest, it's much better than the XK3Y - the only thing it can't do is go online but if you're using an XK3Y you shouldn't be going online either IMO :)

nahh i dont have a slim, i had a rrod 360 elite case here so i threw it on my console :)
    What is glitching?
    off to google i go :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement