Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

White Pines Rathfarnham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 happyhippo_123

Hi all! I'm considering buying in the final phase of this development! Hate to resurrect an old thread but now that the estate is starting to get established I was wondering if any existing residents are on boards who can comment on the estate, the houses and their quality and issues? The show houses are lovely, but not sure if mid-terrace living is for me :)

I see the previous response highlighted an issue with some people jumping over railings. Hard to tell if that's innocent behaviour or not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkiernan9

I live in Stockingwood which is just around the corner from White Pines. Seems like a lovely estate. I have walked through a few times and never noticed any issues. A plus is that a planning application has just been lodged by Ardstone to build a shop and creche across the road from the finished part of White Pines. Unfortunately, I can't help you re quality of houses, etc.

Thank you dkiernan9! That is excellent to hear. I can't find planning application on the South Dublin County Council website. Do you know the portfolio number?

I would love to hear from current occupants of the housing estate (if any on boards!). I saw a very positive post about the houses a few pages back, but it reads like an advertising post from the estate agent! (a practice I've seen on a few housing development pages!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can't locate that planning application either, love to see it because it's badly needed around this area.
    Generally walk through the area every so often, it all seems very quiet.

Moved into Ballycullen over a year ago and i'm dreading when all these houses are occupied what the traffic will be like, we're lucky in that we live on Killinniny road with easy access but if you have to travel the whole length of ballycullen road near 8am when all the houses are complete you'll be in for a rough ride.

Can pray they put in another off ramp at scholarstown in a few years if they keep building up the mountain

• Advertisement

Many have become available for rent on Daft.ie!

Many have become available for rent on Daft.ie!

Same furniture in all 3, weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zt90

seamus wrote: »
    Scholarstown Wood is different to be fair. It's inside the M50 and has more route options for driving or walking or cycling. The halting site wouldn't affect you because there's a big motorway and a few estates in the way :)

White Pines will be right beside the halting site.

The original planning applications for building around there included shops, cafe, creche etc as a condition. But that was 15 years ago. One can only hope that the developers will be forced to build those amenities. If they do, then you're laughing. If they don't, then White Pines will be a long way from anything.

Thanks for this info. Where is the halting site exactly? How close are we talking to White Pines?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's called "Stocking Hill". If you do a quick google, you'll find a number of "interesting" news articles.

That said, I haven't lived near there since 2015, so the criminal element who were living and causing trouble in Stocking Hill could very well have been moved on since then. I haven't heard any recent reports (last 12 months) of problems coming from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

seamus wrote: »
    Nah, it's Rathfarnham alright. Rathfarnham as an area is huge.

But yes, don't be fooled by the name Rathfarnham. It's not close to Rathfarnham village, it's outside the M50 and has poor transport links.

The halting site which is located beside it is notorious for criminal activity, dumping, roaming dogs, etc.
    Some examples of the choice individuals in residence there:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/man-on--welfare-a-week-309736.html
    https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/mechanic-hurled-shoe-at-gardai-27946946.html
    http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/reports/view/70418

No. But I think what the poster means as for value etc its worth noting.

Areas of Rathfarnham like ButterField etc are totally different to areas like Tara Hill.

White Pines and Stocking avenue is a decent area though. It's not ButterField but its decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I currently rent in Stocking Avenue and its a decent area - very quiet. The only bus service you'll have is the 15B or the 15 if you walk about 1.2k to the bus stop near Woodstown "shopping centre". The 15 is now 24 hours so its handy.
    As of right now there's not much near by in terms of amenities but there is meant to be a shop opening across the road when they open that estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robsoh79

New to this forum.Waiting on WP NORTH release. Seeking adequate comments from the private buyers in White Pines STH comment on the Current Council Housing by South Dublin ? My cousin purchased a 4 bed SDT in the Autumn of 2019 for over 500,000 EURO.- There have been some 'eyebrows raised' in respect to the allocation of the 30 Social Houses - It is well documented SOME appear to considerably more flush then the private residents.

Waiting on WP NORTH release. This would be sufficient to change my interest. NOTE- No issue with people legitimately availing of social housing. I However would dispute tying into a large 30 Year Mortgage with my neighbor not remunerating for their one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

robsoh79 wrote: »
    New to this forum.Waiting on WP NORTH release. Seeking adequate comments from the private buyers in White Pines STH comment on the Current Council Housing by South Dublin ? My cousin purchased a 4 bed SDT in the Autumn of 2019 for over 500,000 EURO.- There have been some 'eyebrows raised' in respect to the allocation of the 30 Social Houses - It is well documented SOME appear to considerably more flush then the private residents.

Waiting on WP NORTH release. This would be sufficient to change my interest. NOTE- No issue with people legitimately availing of social housing. I However would dispute tying into a large 30 Year Mortgage with my neighbor not remunerating for their one.

What do the acronyms mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

GingerLily wrote: »
    What do the acronyms mean?

WP - white pines
    Sth- south
    SDT - semi detached

I guess

"It is well documented SOME appear to considerably more flush then the private residents" - where is it documented?

Live in Stockingwood and walk through the estate regularly. Seems very nice. Grounds could do with a bit of attention though. Builder doesn't seem to be cutting grass, etc.

You will be waiting a while for the release of the north site. The south site is far from sold out. Also, the houses on the north site cannot be occupied until the shop is built - planning and area plan condition. The planning permission for the shop was recently granted and is subject to a load of conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jazzymate

robsoh79 wrote: »

The north site is not going up for sale, it’s all rent-only as the entire batch have already been purchased. Maybe your friend should have told you that. If you have concerns about the wealth of some of the social housing, I’d suggest you raise it with SDCC, rather than offer bigoted conjecture on a public forum.

Jazzymate wrote: »
    The north site is not going up for sale, it’s all rent-only as the entire batch have already been purchased. Maybe your friend should have told you that. If you have concerns about the wealth of some of the social housing, I’d suggest you raise it with SDCC, rather than offer bigoted conjecture on a public forum.

Where did you hear that about the north site? Do you know who bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Jazzymate wrote: »

Wow! Bit of a knickers-in-a-not for your first post!! Arriving just in time, armed with information not known to other parties!

The south site seems to be available for immediate rent despite the condition that the shop/creche be constructed first. Seems strange. Anyone heard anything?

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/multi-units-for-rent/stocking-avenue-rathfarnham-dublin-187060/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 CuriousKarl

dkiernan9 wrote: »
    The south site seems to be available for immediate rent despite the condition that the shop/creche be constructed first. Seems strange. Anyone heard anything?

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/multi-units-for-rent/stocking-avenue-rathfarnham-dublin-187060/

A lot of money...
    was close to purchasing the last available 3 bed in North site - ended up looking like the worst buy of the lot but likely the most expensive 3 bed due to rising prices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

A lot of money...
    was close to purchasing the last available 3 bed in North site - ended up looking like the worst buy of the lot but likely the most expensive 3 bed due to rising prices

What were they asking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭polaco

I wouldn't say is for immediate rent there is still a lot of lorries coming in and out plus there is gate and security. Gate is closed after 6pm.
    Southside has still few empty units for the same price so I dont think there is going to be that many people happy to pay that much for rent.
    Other thing is only one bus 15b
    There is plenty house on the other side of m50
    https://www.daft.ie/dublin/multi-units-for-rent/scholarstown-road-rathfarnham-dublin-184805/

"Immediate rent" are not my words - this is what's advertised on the link that I sent. North site is the one that was completed first and now occupied. South site is the one that is being advertised for "immediate rent" and has the security guard and gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CuriousKarl

What were they asking for it?
    €445k back in May - it was right at the front with living room window likely to have pedestrians going by all day, no parking outside the house (parking was about 30 metres down the street on what was being treated as a loading bay), had a big ugly electric box at front door etc - too many offputting factors. Friends got a three bed in earlier phase for about 8% less.

"Immediate rent" are not my words - this is what's advertised on the link that I sent. North site is the one that was completed first and now occupied. South site is the one that is being advertised for "immediate rent" and has the security guard and gates.

Sorry I mixed them up yes you are right Southside is being advertised North site is not fully occupied there are few houses left

it was right at the front with living room window likely to have pedestrians going by all day, no parking outside.

I think this house is still empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Looks like they've started work on the shop section this week.

Grassey wrote: »
    Looks like they've started work on the shop section this week.

Any idea what exactly is going in to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Shan4321

I am renting in the south site and was supposed to move in on the 30th but was told today it will be no earlier than the 5th of October so they are definitely behind schedule! Had to follow up on the progress because nothing had been communicated to me in the past 2 weeks.

Advertisement