Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC 2019

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone watching the Welsh rally on BT Sport EPSN or the wrc paid subscription? ;)

492300.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jelutong

I wonder if Rally De Espana will be affected by the protests in Catalunya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

You can be sure it will cause some sort of disruption....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭.red.

h3000 wrote: »

That would be strange if Neuville is going to be there next year. Both would want to be number 1.
    I'd love to see Tanak win it this year and Neuville next year to mix it up a little.
    As good as he is Ogier, is very unlikable (to me anyway). I'd love to see him finish 2nd or 3rd in his last 2 seasons. Fantastic driver tho.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    That would be strange if Neuville is going to be there next year. Both would want to be number 1.
    I'd love to see Tanak win it this year and Neuville next year to mix it up a little.
    As good as he is Ogier, is very unlikable (to me anyway). I'd love to see him finish 2nd or 3rd in his last 2 seasons. Fantastic driver tho.

I think Adamo will give priority if any to whoever performs better. I can’t see home giving either number one status before the season starts.

I actually really like Ogier. I don’t particularly get why people don’t like him. I’d love to see Ogier take another title. I’d love Tanak to take it too though. I always was a big Neuville fan too but he has become a bit annoying lately. He still deserves a good shot at the title too though.

The seats for next year will become very interesting if the Tanak rumour proves to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

What you see on TV isn't anyways the way in real life. I was a rally Germany a few years ago. Got a chance to get near the drivers. Out of all of them we got near, autographs and so on, Oiger was the only 1 that had time for us. Smiled, chatted to us. We were at the stop line of the last stage when he won. In all the scrum of people that was there, my 7 year old put out his hand, Oiger stopped, came over and gave him a big hug. He is a very likable guy. He's french. Speaks his mind and is to the point. Wish he had stayed at M-Sport this year. Looks like it's all over for him this year , after today's trouble in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jelutong

masit wrote: »
    What you see on TV isn't anyways the way in real life. I was a rally Germany a few years ago. Got a chance to get near the drivers. Out of all of them we got near, autographs and so on, Oiger was the only 1 that had time for us. Smiled, chatted to us. We were at the stop line of the last stage when he won. In all the scrum of people that was there, my 7 year old put out his hand, Oiger stopped, came over and gave him a big hug. He is a very likable guy. He's french. Speaks his mind and is to the point. Wish he had stayed at M-Sport this year. Looks like it's all over for him this year , after today's trouble in Spain

Couldn’t agree more as regards Ogier. Some of the Irish drivers could learn a lot from watching his end of stage interviews.
    Off to Toyota next year it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

jelutong wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more as regards Ogier. Some of the Irish drivers could learn a lot from watching his end of stage interviews.
    Off to Toyota next year it seems.

His wife was very vocal on twitter today after his trouble. I was wondering in the back of my head. Was this the start of Oiger trying to get out of Citroen. I heard somewhere there is a clause in his 2 year contract that he can leave after 1 year. If that clause is only a get out clause to retirement and not to another team. Can't see him staying with Citroen next year .

• Advertisement

What a ****ing stage from Tanak. That’s unreal. So so delighted for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Wonder what Tanak's move to Hyundai will mean for Craig Breen next year?

Wonder what Tanak's move to Hyundai will mean for Craig Breen next year?

Craig seems to have a development job for the new i20 R5 other than that it’s unfortunately hard to see a WRC seat in Hyundai for him if it is Neuville, Tanak & Sordo/Loeb. With tha Tänak shakeup though seats could open up elsewhere. I’d say Toyota could go looking for Evans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭.red.

Where does that leave Toyota?
    Latvala and Meeke aren't exactly number 1s who will challenge for a title.
    Maybe Tommi will get back in the car himself!

Where does that leave Toyota?
    Latvala and Meeke aren't exactly number 1s who will challenge for a title.
    Maybe Tommi will get back in the car himself!

It sounds like Meeke is good for a seat. Latvala so so. Talks of Ogier going there. There is certainly a few interesting weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

h3000 wrote: »
    It sounds like Meeke is good for a seat. Latvala so so. Talks of Ogier going there. There is certainly a few interesting weeks ahead.

I would love to see Ogier in a Toyota.
    He’d give the Hyundai’s a very tough year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I reckon Toyota will be Ogier, Rovenperra and Meeke. Breen will stay with Hyundai doing R5 work

Looks like Breen is in for Australia after all. Taking Mikkelsen’s place.

https://twitter.com/eWRCresults/status/1190178097628356608

• Advertisement

Sad news out of Australia but people’s safety is more important than a rally. It was lining up to be a great little rally with a lot of drivers with something to prove.

My thoughts are with those families in danger of the bush fires and the firefighters trying to get it under control.
    https://twitter.com/RallyAustralia/status/1194072216817635328
    https://twitter.com/RallyAustralia/status/1194072660692520961

Advertisement