Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dogs Has Gunk Stuck to Eye

• 24-01-2020 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

My elderly dog, 2 and a half months away from 16 years old has an eye ulcer in one eye and was brought to the Vet twice this week about it and has been on eye drops twice a day. But he has gunk stuck to his eye and it is well stuck on there as I tried to remove it with my finger but it's stuck plus I don't want to put pressure on it due to the ulcer in same eye. It wasn't a problem when he was in with the vet or I would have asked the vet about it.

Is there anything I could use to soften the gunk so it would slide off with my finger. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My elderly dog, 2 and a half months away from 16 years old has an eye ulcer in one eye and was brought to the Vet twice this week about it and has been on eye drops twice a day. But he has gunk stuck to his eye and it is well stuck on there as I tried to remove it with my finger but it's stuck plus I don't want to put pressure on it due to the ulcer in same eye. It wasn't a problem when he was in with the vet or I would have asked the vet about it.

Is there anything I could use to soften the gunk so it would slide off with my finger. Cheers.

Dab softly with warm salt water on cotton wool to soften it? Just hold the pad there a while?ie do not rub.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Graces7 wrote: »
    Dab softly with warm salt water on cotton wool to soften it? Just hold the pad there a while?ie do not rub.

Cheers for reply but he slept for about 2 hours last night before I went to bed and must have loosened/moisturized it himself as it just wiped off with my finger lightly. Compared to earlier it was stuck fast like cement to his eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

My dog used to get this. Warm salted water always fixed it. We wiped the eye using makeup remover pads

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Our dog had that and we used the standard eye drops from the chemist. Worked a treat.

Advertisement