Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tco incremental credit

• 16-12-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone got previous TCO credit towards their increment? I’ve recently started a permanent job in civil service was just wondering if my 3 month tco contract will be added to increment date?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Yes, your TCO service is counted towards your increment.

I had a 6 month TCO contract prior to being offered a CO position and got my increment after 6 months.

You need to contact the PAS and speak to someone about it. There is a form to be completed and I think I also had to speak to someone in Dublin Castle too.

But you also need to pass your quarterly evaluations as well, in order to get the increment.

Good luck with your new job. I hope it works out well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mrmoon

Thanks for that.

The hr unit is saying because there is a more than a 6 month break between my tco contract and starting my permanent contract I’m not eligible to get it. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

I was lucky enough to pretty much end the TCO job and start the CO job within a few weeks. However I have a colleague/friend who had previous TCO experience as well. I can ask her tomorrow how long her gap was.

To be honest, the three months isn't that long. So I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it. The TCO experience won't impact on your probationary period. And that is the most important thing.

Focus on getting your satisfactory ratings in your PMDS' and getting on well with your colleagues. And of course, mind the sick leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

mrmoon wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

The hr unit is saying because there is a more than a 6 month break between my tco contract and starting my permanent contract I’m not eligible to get it. ��

That's correct, once there is a gap, it doesn't apply. Unless you have previous service in excess of 3 years.

I did a 2 and a half year stint as a TCO but had a year's break between that contract and my permanent PS job, and I was not eligible for incremental credit.

Advertisement