Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body & Soul Festival 2018

• 11-01-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Can't see a 2018 thread so....

Line-up coming soon according to an instagram post this morning. Usually end of February so might be coming earlier than usual.
    Early bird got since last August - can't wait! One or two kind of well known headliners would be good though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Probably my favourite festival from last year. Just love the setup. Can't wait for it again this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Some names from the Primavera line-up that I'd love to see @ BnS and aren't already booked for Ireland this year afaik... 3 or 4 of these would keep me happy.

Bjork (prob unrealistic, expect to see her @ EP)
    Spiritualized
    James Holden & The Animal Spirits
    Daphni
    DJ Koze (please please please!!!)
    Mano Le Tough
    Mount Kimbie
    Mogwai
    Car Seat Headrest
    Slowdive

I could list about 20 more electronic music names that I only know by reputation but I bet would go down a treat (e.g. Seth Troxler disco set)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BikesKilleen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,357 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Absolutely amazing news was hoping they were doing Electric Picnic, but hopefully I'm going to this too, they couldn't have picked a better suited act than Fever Ray. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Absolutely amazing news was hoping they were doing Electric Picnic, but hopefully I'm going to this too, they couldn't have picked a better suited act than Fever Ray. :)

I agree, Fever Ray will be amazing. I can't make B&S this year and I'm devastated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this will be my first time going to B&S. As regular EP goers we've decided to change it a bit this year. Any tips ye wish to share I'd appreciate them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

this will be my first time going to B&S. As regular EP goers we've decided to change it a bit this year. Any tips ye wish to share I'd appreciate them :)

Select the Us & You Campsite option when buying your ticket. Usually full of sound heads and it has it's own wristband exchange queue.

Just listening to Fever Ray Live at Lulea and my mind is been blown by Coconut, I canna wait, they are shockingly good.

Edit: The audio in this one is better.

Select the Us & You Campsite option when buying your ticket. Usually full of sound heads and it has it's own wristband exchange queue.

ah I'm now of the vintage of reserved camping :D, staying in Pitched Perfect camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Hey guys, long time picnicer, first time at B&S, does this festival have a lot going on into the wee hours, I know electric picnic generally wraps up around 5am and was hoping for something similar here?

How is the festival for the oul cans of drink, can I bring them to "main arena" ?

Are there generally public buses running from Dublin as well?

Thanks in advance !

• Advertisement

How is the festival for the oul cans of drink, can I bring them to "main arena" ?

There's a limit on how much each person is allowed bring onsite (not sure how rigourously enforced, details of amounts on their website) but once you have it at your tent, you can bring it anywhere - all festival areas, mainstage etc.

There's a limit on how much each person is allowed bring onsite (not sure how rigourously enforced, details of amounts on their website) but once you have it at your tent, you can bring it anywhere - all festival areas, mainstage etc.

Instantly better than EP :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Hey guys, long time picnicer, first time at B&S, does this festival have a lot going on into the wee hours, I know electric picnic generally wraps up around 5am and was hoping for something similar here?

Thanks in advance !

I wasn't there last year, but I was for the previous 8 years.

Dance music to about 4 or 5 am.

There is a free flow drink policy which means once you get in the site, there are no further searches for alcohol. I think you might be limited to 24 cans to bring on site tough.

I don't know anything about buses.

I do know that over the last 10 years or so, this has been the most relaxed and enjoyable mid-sized festival in Ireland. Nicer vibes than EP with a more grown up crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

There is a free flow drink policy which means once you get in the site, there are no further searches for alcohol. I think you might be limited to 24 cans to bring on site tough.

You're not allowed back in with booze so make sure to bring it all in initially, in my experience they've never been very strict on the 24 cans per person rule.

Nicer vibes than EP with a more grown up crowd.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, EP has a special place in my heart, but has been losing the run of itself for some time now

There is a bus service to/from Dublin. I only used it once several years ago (it'll be my 7th time going this year) but it all went very smoothly. Back then you could buy tickets in advance but for going back to Dublin at the end you could also just pay cash to the driver.

It's not Bus Eireann or anything... the site is not near any major towns

what's the parking/queuing at the entrance on the Friday like? Did I read a few years ago there were serious delays getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

what's the parking/queuing at the entrance on the Friday like? Did I read a few years ago there were serious delays getting in?

I've been for three previous editions and each time the queues to get in have been petty bad. The festival doesn't open until a certain time (maybe 12 last year?) And there are very long queues to get in as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Hoping Jon Hopkins headlines this year

• Advertisement

LG1234 wrote: »
    Hoping Jon Hopkins headlines this year

That'd be excellent. He was insane at picnic a few years ago.

King Kong Company better be on the main stage this year too. Loads of people couldn't get into see them last year as the tent was too full.

Just curious to Karen curating the stage on Friday, who's she gonna suggest, I wonder will it be a Scandinavian electro feast or would she have some of these folk/rock Swedish/Norwegian crossover acts like Bark, Garmarna, The Heathens on the bill, perhaps Royksopp, Robin and Lykke Li and the like, will be interesting to see.

Korvanica wrote: »
    That'd be excellent. He was insane at picnic a few years ago.

one of the best acts I've ever seen, the group I was with just turned to each other as we left the tent and we all came to the same conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Echo & the Bunnymen and The Jesus and Mary Chain playing a gig together a short ferry trip away in Bristol on the Friday of B&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Korvanica wrote: »
    You're not allowed back in with booze so make sure to bring it all in initially, in my experience they've never been very strict on the 24 cans per person rule.

I had absolutely no problem grabbing an extra slab from the car on Saturday afternoon and bringing it back in.

hugeglobe wrote: »
    I had absolutely no problem grabbing an extra slab from the car on Saturday afternoon and bringing it back in.

Probably not always enforced so, i've seen a few people get stopped on the Friday before. Didnt hang around to see what happened, i'd imagine they just let them in with it anyway.

Fever Ray's tour kicks off on February 20th so if I see any clips on youtube of the show will throw them up here, so we cab see what the visuals and sound is like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can probably expect an announcement this week, I would think.

Last year was the 21st, year before the 24th or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

Happy days here again ....

Advertisement