Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

• 10-04-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Anyone heard anything about Red Dead Redemption 2? Played both RDR and RDR Undead Nightmare and thought they were great, can' t wait for an RDR 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This is the first I have heard of it, so what a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

No word yet, hopefully with GTA 5 finally done and dusted, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the next big Rockstar project. There was a big gap between Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption though, might be another while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Red Dead is a Rockstar San Diego production so if it's being worked on, it will have been going on during GTA V development by the main team.

In terms of promo and marketing though, they more than likely have held off until all of the GTA V hype had died down for all platforms before mentioning it. So yea, hopefully we'll hear something soon either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Hope we hear something really soon like at E3 or something like that, probably won' t though. There are a few other great games coming out this year anyway like Just Cause 3, Homefront The Revolution, Uncharted 4 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

I saw in the last few months Rockstar San Diego had been hiring/trying to hire developers with experience in open world gaming. Hopefully that's a good sign!

At the least I'd love to see a RDR remastered version for the PS4.

• Advertisement

maconof wrote: »
    I saw in the last few months Rockstar San Diego had been hiring/trying to hire developers with experience in open world gaming. Hopefully that's a good sign!

Think it' s a bit late for that. I'd rather them put the effort into making an RDR 2. Ya I wouldn't mind a remastered RDR only if they are not going to make an RDR 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I honestly would not, seems like a get out of jail free card these days in regard to game development....

How will franchises continue to move and evolve if they keep rehashing the same stuff again and again?

I want Read Dead Revolution god damnit... :)

Never played the original Red Dead Revolver though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RDR 2 Is on my wishlist too.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I honestly would not, seems like a get out of jail free card these days in regard to game development....

How will franchises continue to move and evolve if they keep rehashing the same stuff again and again?

Yeah I agree, I want a continuation of RDR. I don't really want a remastered version because it would be the same thing. Remastered versions are just easy money. According to rumours RDR 2 will be called "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West". This is supposedly going to be set 10 years(or something like that) before the RDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

SW98 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, I want a continuation of RDR. I don't really want a remastered version because it would be the same thing. Remastered versions are just easy money. According to rumours RDR 2 will be called "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West". This is supposedly going to be set 10 years(or something like that) before the RDR.

Landon Ricketts involved somehow maybe..he was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Think it' s a bit late for that. I'd rather them put the effort into making an RDR 2. Ya I wouldn't mind a remastered RDR only if they are not going to make an RDR 2.

Completely agree, I'd like to play it on the PS4 remastered but only if we're not gonna get a new RDR.
    Fieldog wrote: »

I think it's nice to update the graphics etc for the new platforms but completely agree that the rehashing needs to take a backseat in favour of R&D and new innovative game design! :) Ah the original was nothing to write home about, I much preferred RDRedemption myself, but I suppose the difference between the original Xbox and Xbox 360 could've been a big factor there ;)

Completely agree, I'd like to play it on the PS4 remastered but only if we're not gonna get a new RDR.

I think it's nice to update the graphics etc for the new platforms but completely agree that the rehashing needs to take a backseat in favour of R&D and new innovative game design! :) Ah the original was nothing to write home about, I much preferred RDRedemption myself, but I suppose the difference between the original Xbox and Xbox 360 could've been a big factor there ;)

Yeah I haven't played Red Dead Revolver on PS2 but thought RDR was great on PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Half Life 3, Fallout 4, RDR2...stop creating/bumping threads until there's actual news!!

*starts pathetic and broken sobbing in the corner :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

RDR remaster isn't happening.
    I'm sure they've said don't expect a sequel anytime soon neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

What would people like to see in this proposed sequel? We may have no news, but we can still dream!

Saipanne wrote: »
    What would people like to see in this proposed sequel? We may have no news, but we can still dream!

Not sure really, just a continuation of the story, jack getting revenge for his fathers death I suppose. What I don' t want is a completely modernised game because that would kind of ruin it. I don' t mind it being slightly modernised by adding maybe a few more cars etc or newer weapons but nothing major.

I think being able to hire a posse or create a gang would be cool. Maybe base yourself at one of the many locations around the map, like an abandoned fort. Having a shoot out with the law who are trying to arrest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

A prequel... Marston with the gang... but then you'd be evil...

Staying with the prequel idea, being the "bad guys" from except you'd be the good guys... I'd like to avoid the modernisation too
    Then again, it could be a completely different story in the same universe. I think all that linked Redemption and Revolver was the cabin were Red grew up?

erkifino wrote: »
    A prequel... Marsden with the gang... but then you'd be evil...

Staying with the prequel idea, being the "bad guys" from except you'd be the good guys... I'd like to avoid the modernisation too
    Then again, it could be a completely different story in the same universe. I think all that linked Redemption and Revolver was the cabin were Red grew up?[/QUOTN

What cabin are you talking about, then again I didn't play Red Dead Revolver. Ya according to the rumours it is supposed to be a prequel. I would like this because I think it would be interesting going back to John' s outlaw days. But I would take a prequel or a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Never played Red dead redemption,hence i would love to see a remake of it. Definitely a game i would pick up after hearing so many good things over the years.

Also on ports and remasters,people need to realise a lot of the time these remasters are ported over by a different company from the original developer. Meaning they could make money from the remaster while not having to divert staff to the project. No harm in that imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love remasters. Red dead remaster just isn't happening :p

EoinHef wrote: »
    Never played Red dead redemption,hence i would love to see a remake of it. Definitely a game i would pick up after hearing so many good things over the years.

Also on ports and remasters,people need to realise a lot of the time these remasters are ported over by a different company from the original developer. Meaning they could make money from the remaster while not having to divert staff to the project. No harm in that imo

Yeah but it' s just easy money for them because they don' t have to make a completely new game. It will probably be sold at the usual price of a new game even though it' s just a remake. If it ever happened they should sell it at half the price and offer a cheap upgrade from the PS3 to the PS4 and same for XBOX 360 to XBOX ONE.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I love remasters. Red dead remaster just isn't happening :p

It' s too late for a remaster at this stage. It' s been 5 years since the release of RDR on PS3 and XBOX ONE. You would expect a prequel or sequel at this stage rather than a remaster. That' s my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rockstar normally don't announce stuff at E3? And when they do announce something they do it very late, typically 6 months before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dohboy

Actually replaying RDR on the PS3 right now after finishing it on the Xbox a few years back, and I have to say it is still one of the best games, if not the best I have ever played. High praise I know but it really is something utterly unique; the graphics, the storyline, the gameplay is all remarkable. It's a strangely solitary game and you can spend ages just riding off into the sunset. Pretty cathartic, and just a completely different pace to GTA, which I also enjoy, but I don't think as much.

As for the rumours of a sequel that appeared on Reddit this week, to me they read like a whole pile of cack so I wouldn't be putting much faith in them. Its seems there's some new clickbait article out every few days on some crappy website about a sequel but zero official news.

dohboy wrote: »
    Actually replaying RDR on the PS3 right now after finishing it on the Xbox a few years back, and I have to say it is still one of the best games, if not the best I have ever played. High praise I know but it really is something utterly unique; the graphics, the storyline, the gameplay is all remarkable. It's a strangely solitary game and you can spend ages just riding off into the sunset. Petty cathartic, and just a completely different pace to GTA, which I also enjoy, but I don't think as much.

As for the rumours of a sequel that appeared on Reddit this week, to me they read like a whole pile of cack so I wouldn't be putting much faith in them. Its seems there's some new clickbait article out every few days on some crappy website about a sequel but zero official news.

As you have played it on both XBOX and Playstation did you notice any difference between the two. Yeah different rumours the whole time but I just hope that some official information is released soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

dohboy wrote: »
    . High praise I know but it really is something utterly unique; the graphics, the storyline, the gameplay is all remarkable. It's a strangely solitary game and you can spend ages just riding off into the sunset. Petty cathartic, and just a completely different pace to GTA, which I also enjoy, but I don't think as much.

I get what you're saying about it being cathartic riding off across the wilderness plains forever and into the sunset. It's became my favourite pastime gaming wise and it never gets old. I hardly play anything else. Like Wipeout HD put your favourite track to it and its like free therapy! I much prefer it to GTA, loved the enroaching civilisation government and dying frontier and with it freedom.

Jumps on horse into the sunset, spinning camera to get a cool angle to this:

As you have played it on both XBOX and Playstation did you notice any difference between the two. Yeah different rumours the whole time but I just hope that some official information is released soon.

Noticed no real difference tbh. Apart from my old 360 sounding like a jet engine!

Adamantium wrote: »
    I get what you're saying about it being cathartic riding off across the wilderness plains forever and into the sunset. It's became my favourite pastime gaming wise and it never gets old. I hardly play anything else. Like Wipeout HD put your favourite track to it and its like free therapy! I much prefer it to GTA, loved the enroaching civilisation government and dying frontier and with it freedom.

Jumps on horse into the sunset, spinning camera to get a cool angle to this:

Yes, there really are some breathtaking moments in it and you catch yourself stopping to take it all in, more often than any other game I've experienced. The incidental music is really considered too. It just feels like a game that was really lovingly crafted and pored over before it was released. That it doesn't at all look or feel dated - to me at least - five years after its release, is a testament to that dedication.

• Advertisement

RDR > GTA

In my opinion. GTA just feels claustrophobic, compared to the freedom of RDR.

Advertisement