Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Had my meditteranean Knorr Season & Shake tonight...wow! Delish! Had a chicken breast, some sliced baby potatoes and some mixed sweet peppers and when it was done, threw it all on top of a load of mixed leaf lettuce. Absolutely gorgeous, will definitely be having it again. Only downside is the high salt content (5g in the whole pack!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

feeling positive about tomorrows WI! I havent lost anything in 3 weeks cos of antibiotics and stress.....so i know i'm due a decent loss....2-3lbs would be a decent loss right now!

Only one more week of college!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Had my meditteranean Knorr Season & Shake tonight...wow! Delish! Had a chicken breast, some sliced baby potatoes and some mixed sweet peppers and when it was done, threw it all on top of a load of mixed leaf lettuce. Absolutely gorgeous, will definitely be having it again. Only downside is the high salt content (5g in the whole pack!)

I buy roasting bags(10) in the 2euro shop, bung in chicken breast/pork chop, baby pots, peppers, carrots and a tiny drop of oil, bake for 40 mins, tastes amazing and you cut the cost and salt content!!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I buy roasting bags(10) in the 2euro shop, bung in chicken breast/pork chop, baby pots, peppers, carrots and a tiny drop of oil, bake for 40 mins, tastes amazing and you cut the cost and salt content!!

I'd never even heard of roasting bags until recently :o Must give them a shot though. Do you put any spices or seasoning in with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great to read about all the losses & good luck for the morning Lainy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

For anyone with an iPhone who wAnts to work out points in the supermarket there are a few good apps for around a euro that work it all out for you. I think you just search for pro points on the app store and you should find them. Very like the calculators you can buy in ww meetings, but cheaper and easier than using the little wheel thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

sillysocks wrote: »
    For anyone with an iPhone who wAnts to work out points in the supermarket there are a few good apps for around a euro that work it all out for you. I think you just search for pro points on the app store and you should find them. Very like the calculators you can buy in ww meetings, but cheaper and easier than using the little wheel thing.

I'd be slightly wary of apps at the same time. I've been using an android one for pointing for ages and decided today to compare it off my calculater and it had been under pointing by about a point nearly every time. Needless to say it's now deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, well done on the losses this week, and for those like me who sts or put up a little, keep at at-we'll get there in the end!
    I've been pretty good this week, and have been to the gym everyday,for which I'm very proud of myself, and I actually can't believe I'm starting to actually like the gym, seriously!

I was very chuffed with myself today, I tried on a pair of jeans that I could never wear before as I'd need to be cut out of them by the end of the day, and guess what, they were too big! So even though I sts for the last two weeks, I'm obviously doing something right, am feeling very motivated again, and determined to have my first stone off by Easter.
    Good luck with wi tomorrow lainy and anyone else who does their wi on a Saturday. I better get to sleep,otherwise I won't make the gym tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Its a great feeling when you try on clothes and they are too big isn't it :D I bought skinny jeans in penneys during the week. I tried on the 14 and they were fine :) i was delighted. I was wearing them yesterday and after wearing them for a while they are now a little big :eek: I can't believe it. I can actually pull them up and down without opening them :o he he. Im delighted :D
    oh and I did the 5k on monday and thought right thats it Im not doing any more running cos I really didn't like it much but the past two days I have been on the threadmill and have managed to jog for 5 mins straight :eek: I do 30 mins in total with 2 five mins runs and then either a 2 min or a 3 min run and the rest walking. I never thought I could do that. I'm so proud of myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Good work girls, it's a great feeling when your clothes are too big on you. I'm not noticing it so much in jeans...they're loser on me but I'm half afraid to go shopping for new jeans in case an 18 doesn't fit.
    My bum is my biggest problem! Literally!

As promised some of the PP in this month's WW mag...
    Jacobs cheeselets, 1 (25g)....3
    Mrs Crimble's choc orange mimi macaroons, 1 (17g)...2
    Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping sauce hot, 1 serving 30ml...2
    Blue Dragon Sweet chilli dipping sauce original, 1 serving 30ml...2
    Blue Dragon sweet Chilli dipping sauce with kaffir lime, i serving 30ml...2
    HP Fruity Mild and Tangy brown sauce, 1 serving (15g)...0
    Hp sauce, original, 1 serving (15g)...0
    WW Creamy Mushroom sauce 1/2 jar (175g)...2
    WW Parmesan & Pesto Sauce 1/2 jar (175g)...2

• Advertisement

Down 2.8lbs! Delighted! Down into the next stone bracket! :D

Going back to the treadmill today :) all the assignments and junk are done! can finally get back to ME! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well done Lainy.

Oh god, I am here to seriously confess my sins. Finally have the internet back and feel better now I can log on here but fell off the wagon last night. The OH and me had to meet our solicitor in town and we were starving by the time we finished and we went to a chinese all you can eat buffet :(

I don't think I did too bad, but I did have 2 plates, even though I didn't finish either. I had mainly chicken, a few pork ribs, small bit of rice & noodles and some chips. I don't think I would have used all my weeklies on it but still feel bad because I wanted to hardly use any weeklies this week. One thing I noticed, I was full much quicker with less food then when we used to go to those buffets, hopefully my stomach has shrunk ha ha

Oh and I also had a beef and coleslaw roll in work on Thursday because I forgot my lunch!!!

Going to try and get out for some exercise soon to try and undo some damage. Will be having a few nibbles and drinks with the OH tonight so back on track properly tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Brilliant well done dubgirl you've worked hard & you deserve it you're a great inspiration to the rest of us to get to goal & get gold! ;)

Can I ask what did they say to you about maintenance just eat a few more pp each day or.....? I'm hearing conflicting things from different sources so would just like it clarified :) thanks & well done again! Fab news on this dreary day!!

thanks a mill kay_80!!

when i reached goal she told me to eat 3 more points and then i was up next week so she said go abck to 29, then when i was down this week she told me to eat 2/3 more depending how i feel!! i still wanna lose a few more just so if big events happening i dont have to worry about completely falling off track!!

i defo will still go to class every week, its just part of my routine now :)

your doing really well on your weight loss so just keep at it and bit by bots youll get there....longer it takes, the longer it stays off!!

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    thanks a mill kay_80!!

when i reached goal she told me to eat 3 more points and then i was up next week so she said go abck to 29, then when i was down this week she told me to eat 2/3 more depending how i feel!! i still wanna lose a few more just so if big events happening i dont have to worry about completely falling off track!!

i defo will still go to class every week, its just part of my routine now :)

your doing really well on your weight loss so just keep at it and bit by bots youll get there....longer it takes, the longer it stays off!!

Must be a fantastic feeling, I so can't wait to get to goal. You probably answered this already, but do you mind telling us how much you lost and in how long? Sorry,just hearing success stories just motivated me so much!

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Going back to the treadmill today :) all the assignments and junk are done! can finally get back to ME! :)

Well done lainy, you totally deserve this loss!

dammitj wrote: »
    Well done girl, that's great!!

I am SO friggin peed off. I was UP 1.5lb last night! :eek:

I have been exercising like a mad yoke for almost 2 weeks and stuck within all my points pretty much so I was gutted when she told me.

The odd thing is, I took a break from WW at christmas for TWO MONTHS and only gained 3lb, so 1.5lb in one week is a bit mad!

Feel like giving up on WW but sure I'll give it another week ... :(
    dont be disheartened!! just think if you hadnt joined ww you could be a stone or more up by sticking to your old routine so your doing amazing with your new one!!

if you have been doing loads of exercise its prob just heavy muscle so keep doing what you are doing cuz you are being so healthy and i swear in few weeks the scales will be down and your clothes with be hanging off you!!

i wish i had your motivation for the exercise.....i literally can feel my skin sagging from the lack of it haha!!

Great loss, well done Lainy! Just a question...I thought they rounded your weight loss to the nearest half pound? That's always been the way since I first went to WW many moons ago! Does your leader do it differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oops, may have overdone it last night! No weeklies left, I just hope I didn't go over them, although I don't think I did.

Think I might have a chicken sausage and turkey rasher fry, being bad and good at the same time :)

Hopefully I can get some Zumba done today, earn some more activity points!

Well done Lainy, and good luck to everyone with WI!

Great loss, well done Lainy! Just a question...I thought they rounded your weight loss to the nearest half pound? That's always been the way since I first went to WW many moons ago! Does your leader do it differently?

I do it at home on my own scales, and using ww online, they let me put in the exact weight, which i like :)

Houmous

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Make our version of houmous in minutes! It's very low in fat - and extremely tasty.

Ingredients
    2 medium Spring Onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    1 medium Lemon, grated rind of 1 small lemon
    410 g Chick Peas, Cooked or Canned, cannned, drained and rinsed
    200 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, (7 oz), with garlic
    1/8 teaspoons Salt
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    3 sprig(s) Mint, Fresh

Instructions
    Put the spring onions, garlic, chickpeas, soft cheese and lemon rind into a blender or food processor. Add salt and plenty of black pepper. Blend for 15-20 seconds, until smooth.

Tip into a bowl, then serve, scattered with a few mint leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done lainy! A new stone bracket....congrats :)

• Advertisement

Hey would anyone know roughly how many pp would be in a tray with chips,curry sauce and fried rice? It's the long tray, and I ate less than half, I put it down last night at 10 pp for the half, and I'm now wondering if I should have put it at higher!

well done lainey, thats brilliant shows you can do it even when under stress with college etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Ive been following this thread for ages, its brilliant and a great resource to anyone doing weight watchers as sometimes its important to get more support than just one class meeting a week. I joined WW two years ago after I gained 2 stone in college and believe me, it happened overnight. I tried WW but found it impossible to fit into the student lifestyle (excuses excuses!), anyway last summer I did my own version of weight watchers at home and lost a stone and a half. I rejoined weight watchers last week as half a stone has creeped on since christmas. I actually love the new propoints system. Before, whenever I would cheat e.g, have a night out or a take away I would give up and throw it there. With the extra 49pp I find its not the end of the world when you lapse. Psychologically I find it keeps me on track as I know if I have a sneaky bottle of wine I dont have to sacrafice my daily points allowance so I dont feel deprived! I know the old points system was just as usable but I couldnt be bothered saving points four days in a row just because I go out once a week.

In the mean time I hope my first weigh in will be a success as I am turning 20 at the end of the month and it would be a huge boost to enter my twenties at a normal weight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well I have identified a really bad eating habit I have. My boyfriend has gone home to his parents for the weekend and I find that when I'm sitting around by my myself I just want to eat. I went way over my daily allowance yesterday (am thankfully ok due to the weeklies) and my weigh in isn't until Tuesday evening.

Need to keep myself busy this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

didn't go thurs nite as i can't drive with my arm,just weighed my self this morn,think i could be down. please god by next week i'll be more organised and will go to wi! discovered i can type and txt with my left hand! well done lainy and all the losers! xx

Cheese LIST

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all, Isn't the weather fab today? We've been up since about 7.30 this morning and went out to Malahide Park at about 12ish. Went to the playground and then for a walk through the woods - the plan was to do the exercise route but we went the wrong way (duh) so just went for a nice walk anyway! Then we had a WW friendly picnic. Was such a nice day!

Tonight, we're having wraps for dinner...would love a BBQ but we don't have a garden (live in an apartment), but prob for the best as I tend to enjoy the food too much, and of course you have to wash it all down with a few drinks...then the picking of the left over starts! Actually, def a good idea not to touch a BBQ tonight :)

making my monthly trek to tesco tomorrow! any new discoveries and tips ppl got?

going to get a few plain cheese pizza. and put some of the aldi ham cubes (2pp) and pineapple on top :D

is tinned pineapple 0pp if its drained?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

making my monthly trek to tesco tomorrow! any new discoveries and tips ppl got?

going to get a few plain cheese pizza. and put some of the aldi ham cubes (2pp) and pineapple on top :D

Hi Lainy,

The tesco rasher medallions are so yum (we get the smoked) and they're only 1PP for 2! So yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement