Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stargate Tweet storm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

If they were ever to do a new series, it'd be hard to top SG-1. One of my favourite TV shows ever. I thought Universe was getting there, it was a great concept, a serious and modern update, but unfortunately we all know what happened. Looking forward to seeing if they have anything new, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it can't be any worse that the mini web series they did last year to promote the MGM streaming site that was complete bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What’s going on then? New stargate?

Better have McGuyver.

Maybe test the waters with a mini series and recuse the surviving crew of Destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Get the popular characters from all 3 series and bring them together.

Jackson
    Carter
    Tealc
    McKay
    Sheppard
    Rush

All are cheap enough and available, maybe except Robert Carlyle. He's worth the money though. Some of them have barely worked at all since the show so could be gotten for a steal.

Everyone else is either not popular enough, not available, too old or too expensive. You could have RDA do cameo's to keep the budget down.

While I enjoyed all three shows, I realise I'm in the minority. The beauty of this is is that all three shows had very different fanbases so by taking some of the cast from each, you bring in as many people as possible.....plus whatever new audience you can create.

There ya go MGM. You can hire me to write it if you want. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they should try and get Jason Momoa back in some capacity. I'll always know him as Ronon. I doubt they could get him as a regular though, but it'll be good publicity with his new fanbase from GoT and Aquaman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Moved from Television to SG forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Moved from Television to SG forum.

Well, thats the end of this discussion. :(

Way to kill the thread man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A dam it and here I was hoping that we were going to get a new Stargate series. Move the thread back to the Television forum I say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement