Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call the Midwife

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I recorded last weeks and just watched it now. Hit me like a ton of bricks and hear I am bawling crying!!!! (The one where the young nun is attacked and her anger and her upset, and omg there I am off again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

amdublin wrote: »
    I recorded last weeks and just watched it now. Hit me like a ton of bricks and hear I am bawling crying!!!! (The one where the young nun is attacked and her anger and her upset, and omg there I am off again)

Each week the Call the Midwife facebook page has a discussion thread after the show, and a lot of people there also say they cry at it .

In my opinion, this shows quite how good the acting is, and how real the actors are portrayed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who's watching?!

Who's watching?!

Me, of course! Look forward to it every week. Watch most programmes on catchup but always try to watch CTM live :D

It's an(other) emotional one again tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I'be been watching it since season one. My wife really likes it, but I missed last week's one - thankfully going by the above.

I preferred the first 4 seasons. This season seems to have an issue of the week rather a story arc.

The old nun is gas, thought we were going to lose her last season. Got a bit misty eyed for that episode.

Ah it's a great piece of television!

oh the bould brylcream fella!

Every week I wish it wasn't over.

Dying for next week already!

oh the bould brylcream fella!

He sure likes his nurses. Is it the uniform?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah back to it's best tonight without scaring the life out if me! Delighted Sr. Angelina is back. Where would we be without her smart comments.

Oh no, next week is the season finale :(

'Call The Midwife': 11 Reasons The BBC One Drama Is The Best Show On TV

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/03/03/call-the-midwife-bbc-one-drama-best-show_n_9373086.html

Oooh, could see that coming with Sr Evanglina :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I'm watching it, and I cried this evening - again. At the Thalidomide (Distaval) issue, the young mother describing how people looked at her baby and the little girl being so happy and smiley. Tragic.

But a brilliant programme IMO. The doctor realizing that he may have been unwittingly responsible for the deformed babies being born was well done I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Goodness, how sad. I didn't see it coming, must be said.

I did :(

Captured incredibly well. It's an amazing program.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Goodness, how sad. I didn't see it coming, must be said.

I did, a bit - but something I also thought was an interesting detail was the other nuns' heartbreak at the idea that a post mortem would harm her in the afterlife. I don't know when Christians stopped believing that, but it's probably correct that it was after Vatican 2.n

Well I just couldn't imagine her dying, given how tough she's always been, even with the stroke and dead hand. Kinda makes sense in retrospect, but still.

Poor Dr Turner. Can't even imagine how he must be feeling.

• Advertisement

Nurse Crane and Nurse Mount...if they could only be cloned :o

I didn't know that the thalidomide babies (scandal) was related to a sedative/tablet for anxiety. I thought it was only the medication thalidomide which was a tablet for anti nausea during pregnancy.

Oh no poor Ruby!!!!! :eek:

Oh no and now poor Trixie. I'm bawling here*

*But sure what's new on a Sunday night

I didn't know that the thalidomide babies (scandal) was related to a sedative/tablet for anxiety. I thought it was only the medication thalidomide which was a tablet for anti nausea during pregnancy.

Same drug, different name for different uses.

Where's Chummy?? I would have thought she'd be back for the funeral.

Oh I hope they give Trixie a great fella at Christmas!

Said the same thing when her hubby showed up.

Apparently Miranda Hart was too busy to appear in this series, but hasn't ruled out a future return http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3320291/Miranda-Hart-s-Chummy-won-t-appear-series-five-Call-Midwife.html

• Advertisement

It did feel weird, the absence of Chummy at the funeral. Like fair enough if Hart is too busy for it, but they did say in the story she was still around, so it felt odd.

Advertisement