Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

teyla is a sap!!!!

• 27-07-2011 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

Just been watching the SGA series again and I have to say teyla is some head wrecker,what other characters in any of the SG programs have melted your head?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Just been watching the SGA series again and I have to say teyla is some head wrecker,what other characters in any of the SG programs have melted your head?

In fairness, if you were playing the traditional 'badass alien' role, only to have Jason Momoa come in and play an even more badass character, it does sort of render your character slightly redundant.

I never disliked Teyla though...

Jonas Quinn and Cameron Mitchell were always annoying to me because they were filling someone elses boots! (Boots too big for them to fill imho!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Dwaegon wrote: »
    In fairness, if you were playing the traditional 'badass alien' role, only to have Jason Momoa come in and play an even more badass character, it does sort of render your character slightly redundant.

Jonas Quinn and Cameron Mitchell were always annoying to me because they were filling someone elses boots! (Boots too big for them to fill imho!)

She was never badass,I loved jason momoa from the start and im looking forward to the new conan film coz of him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

She was never badass,I loved jason momoa from the start and im looking forward to the new conan film coz of him:D

I agree here, Teyla was never a badass, sure was just one of those gob****e characters who didnt seem to have a sense of how to play someone from another culture.

I dunno, she just seem out of placed when she talked half the time. But she was good in atlantis, in the sense that having someone else would probably have been worse.

Jason Momoa was good, but the tough guy thing got a little tiresome after a while, but was good when he showed he cared about the rest of the team, like when he was happy that rodney was saved from the ascension machine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Rainbow Sun Francks aka Lt Aiden Ford. :mad:

Was never as happy as when they ditched him. His character seemed to be a dead end with no room for exploration. The introduction of Jason Momoa was epic. He was the quiet badass, with endless possibilites because of his runner status, plus he had his moments especially in Season 3 episode 4 "Sateda".
    We got to see another side of him plus the funny moments between him and sheppard and the scene with Beckett at the end. Brilliant.

Teyla was always, to me, SGA's attempt at expanding/introducing the Tel'C character, but it never came off right and she came across as robotic and non-likeable. She seemed to evolve out of this in season 3 and by the end of SGA she became the character she really should have been from the start.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 12 K Byrne

Ezridax wrote: »
    Rainbow Sun Francks aka Lt Aiden Ford. :mad:............
    Agreed on that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Dwaegon wrote: »

Thought Mitchell was good actually. I particularly liked all the Farscape injokes between him and Vala. Also thought the joke Vala made on first meeting Daniel and then Cam about the MilkyWay having a small gene pool was funny

I have to agree here, I would love season 6, only for jonas quinn.
    you can see hes a complete write in for Michael Shanks, and his absense.

and then Cameron Mitchell is even worse. A very sad attempt at an imitation to O'Neill.
    Even though they tried to have fun with it, hinting at cameron being O'Neill's son in the 200th episode. but I didnt like hi, or vala really.

I some what likes the story, but those additions were deffinately not welcome.

As for badass in stargate, nothing beats Tod.
    The guy is just simply cool..no matter what he does, you can see every plan is made to try and work out for him :)

I like the actor too, the fact that he played so many characters so well.

he even went on to play Druitt and Big Foot as well as Tod and Halling.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    As for badass in stargate, nothing beats Tod.
    The guy is just simply cool..no matter what he does, you can see every plan is made to try and work out for him :)

+1.
    I like the actor too, the fact that he played so many characters so well.

I never realised the array of characters he played. Same with most shows he has been in including Sanctuary.

christopher_heyerdahl.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Ezridax wrote: »
    +1.

I never realised the array of characters he played. Same with most shows he has been in including Sanctuary.

christopher_heyerdahl.jpg

the guy is a legend. it didnt click with me for a while either, untill I looked up who played Tod. And then it was obvioud he played big foot too. Hes a good actor!

He shaved his head for Smallville too hes an absolute legend.

• Advertisement

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    I have to agree here, I would love season 6, only for jonas quinn.
    you can see hes a complete write in for Michael Shanks, and his absense.

+1. A poor replacement.
    and then Cameron Mitchell is even worse.

I could take or leave Mitchell, but ..............
    or vala really.

............ i kinda liked. Her character worked well enough with Jackson, however had i seen anthony Simcoe (Ka D'Argo) appear i would have rethought that that opinion.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Wait.. seriously... of all the bitching about Chloe on this forum.. not one mention so far!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Wait.. seriously... of all the bitching about Chloe on this forum.. not one mention so far!? :p

Took me a while to work out who the hell Chloe was, I guess most people will have forgot about her too.

........ not one mention so far!? :p
    TheKells wrote: »
    ................, I guess most people will have forgot about her too.

Isn't that the best thing for her. :D

Am I the only one who like Jonas and Mitchell?

I like Mitchell but am kind of meh on Jonas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hated Jonas at the start, grew to like the character well though & by the end of the season I thought he was pretty good. Kinda the same for Mitchell, but we had longer with him & again I grew to enjoy the character quickly enough.

But in fairness, replacing O'Neil & Jackson, they were never going to fit into those shoes by a longshot. Even though I liked the new characters, I loved the older ones.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hated Jonas at the start, grew to like the character well though & by the end of the season I thought he was pretty good. Kinda the same for Mitchell, but we had longer with him & again I grew to enjoy the character quickly enough.

But in fairness, replacing O'Neil & Jackson, they were never going to fit into those shoes by a longshot. Even though I liked the new characters, I loved the older ones.

Thing that annoyed me about Jonas was the way they brought him in and out. It was like oooo jackson wants a holiday - heres a substitute. and then it was oooooo jackson came back from holidays......bye Jonas. The way Jackson came back annoyed me alot (was just on Sky yesterday). He appears naked on a random planet. Within an episdoe Jonas is gone back home and Daniel is back on the team.....even thought he can't remember anything. Way too transparent:rolleyes:

Thing that annoyed me about Jonas was the way they brought him in and out. It was like oooo jackson wants a holiday - heres a substitute. and then it was oooooo jackson came back from holidays......bye Jonas. The way Jackson came back annoyed me alot (was just on Sky yesterday). He appears naked on a random planet. Within an episdoe Jonas is gone back home and Daniel is back on the team.....even thought he can't remember anything. Way too transparent:rolleyes:

I don't know the circumstances surrounding Shanks leaving & rejoining, maybe rejoining was a last minute thing? I agree it was a bit "Ah there he is, somebody get him him an SG uniform"...but they did kinda build up to it too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I think she could have been given better lines, the kind of standoffish "spock" wooden stereotype didn't let Rachel really express the full gamut of her talents. You could see the glint in her eyes when she got to kick some ass though! I'm a fan I have to admit. And she sings!

Jewel Staite was never going to match up to the role of the doc though, she's too pixie-like. Why did they kill doc Beckett!?

• Advertisement

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    I think she could have been given better lines, the kind of standoffish "spock" wooden stereotype didn't let Rachel really express the full gamut of her talents. You could see the glint in her eyes when she got to kick some ass though! I'm a fan I have to admit. And she sings!

Jewel Staite was never going to match up to the role of the doc though, she's too pixie-like. Why did they kill doc Beckett!?

You know the way Stargate writers like to piss us off.......

You know the way Stargate writers like to piss us off.......

Aye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I couldn't stand Jewel Staite at first, mainly because her appearing meant the end of the great McKay/Beckett interactions, she didn't get much better as the series progressed either.

Similar deal with Jonas as I thought it meant the end of O'Neil/Jackson but thankfully that was sorted.

I couldn't stand Jewel Staite at first, mainly because her appearing meant the end of the great McKay/Beckett interactions, she didn't get much better as the series progressed either.

Similar deal with Jonas as I thought it meant the end of O'Neil/Jackson but thankfully that was sorted.

Yeah but

Jewel-Staite.jpg

:D

I know though, there was simply no replacing Beckett :(

She's certainly the better looking of the two :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Started watching Stargate again and forgot how much I hated Jonas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Problem is who they were replacing, it was impossible, apart from that I thought they were good. Teyla was just annoying, nobody else really.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I liked Jonas, although maybe that was just to spite the saddos who were 'campaigning' for a Daniel return and boycotting the show.

Jonas was good, he fit in well but I was glad when Daniel was brought back as the interactions with Jack were brilliant at times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement