Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead: World Beyond

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The series really should have been build around Julia Ormond and the CRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The series really should have been build around Julia Ormond and the CRM.
    Building a show around the one person in the entire show who can act might have helped alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Another drawn out and pointless back story this week. I'd stop watching this only for the lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All the visits to the pie shops on their trek must have been cut out of each episode, or one of them's got a secret stash of pies and is keeping it from the others.

The secret pie eater will be the only one arriving at the destination, as the rest of them will all have died from malnutrition and exhaustion.

All the episodes seem to be 99.99% resting, waffle and walking, with the only interesting bit being the 15 seconds at the end.

Agreed, you can just fast forward to the post credits scene at the end of each episode and you would be better off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Good, I glad to see I'm not the only one not taking this series seriously. After each episode I think "so what" really don't see where its going and there is no real story in the trip. The episode where they made the boat motor was just absurd.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The best part is this is set at the same time as the main show. The main show has/had teens/pre-teens like Judith, Henry, Enid and Lydia whereas THIS is the teens this show has to offer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

The acting from that Iris girl is so bad it's actually jarring. The rest aren't too bad.

The entire groups aversion to killed the walkers is a bit silly too. OK, they have been safe inside the college for years but surely they understand the danger and the need to kill the danger?

What's with Hopes wig??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

7 and 8, two more episodes that haven't advanced anything during this long stroll. The zombies never seem to be much of a threat, and this is probably down to the them not sensing much of a meal out of the dozen or so brain cells the group have between them.

I'm now wondering if any progress will be made at all before the credits roll on the final episode of the series, or whether or not the writers have actually decided where it's going.

It might get nowhere, and then get cancelled thanks to the abuse on IMDB, and disappear into oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can't see the second season happening but it is AMC...

• Advertisement

It really is pointless stuff. More dire flashback stories to dire characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Washout

OMG can this show get any worse

it is making zero sense to me.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

How are they still even alive? They have spear like weapons to strike the head from a relatively safe distance yet they insist on simply pushing back the zombies if they ever engage with them.

And whats with the young fella in the corduroy suit carting around every bag he can lay his hands on? Surely mobility is key!

The only interesting bits of the series have been the Republic - a series on them and even less zombies would have been far better than this pile of crap could ever aspire to

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I watched the last two episodes today. They were ok, at least kind of interesting. Lord ****ing God though, is it a woeful series. It has no idea what its doing. Complete mess. The characters are hopeless and annoying.

Iris is terrible, Buck is OK, Elton is terrible, Silus is horrendous, Hope is at least good looking, Felix is weak and all the secondary characters are embarrassing.

Still, I watched it all.

Christ, I'm an eejit...

That guy Elton I think, who looks like Frodo from LOTR really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this is back

S2 is 3 episodes in and it's still dire and pointless stuff.

So Jadis finally turns up in Ep6. Unsurprisingly she gives away very little about the last 6 years other than she has rose up through the ranks of the CRM as a reward for giving them something valuable, i.e. presuming that's a reference to Rick.

Well since Jadis has arrived the show finally seems to have a decent direction.

The first 3/4 of the series was gack.

• Advertisement

The final episode was ok...ish. The post credit scene puts the entire Walking Dead universe into a whole new perspective though.

Yeah what was that all about? (the post credits that is)

Felt like a cancelled show, lots of questions - assume this will all be followed up with the films?

Hard to know but we can assume the post credit scene introduces a new type of threat level as well as maybe an origin theory. However did the scene take place in France or maybe French speaking Canada? In the first season of TWD it was mentioned that the French were working on a "cure" by the CDC guy. If this post credit scene took place in France then it would make sense why we haven't seen this threat level on the American continent in the main show as well as FTWD to this point.

The whole Rick Grimes/movie link to the World Beyond show was a damp squib to be honest. Looks like they used it to get viewers of the main show to watch what was over all a very poor spin off with weak characters and pointless story arcs imo.

There last 6 episodes (once Jadis arrived) gave this show some point but who the hell thought this was worth making into a 20 episode, 2 season series. 3/4 of it is aimless filler.

We'll probably see Jadis again in the movies but that'd be it.

Advertisement