Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glasses A Few Months Old - Lots of Scratches

• 20-04-2021 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

My most recent glasses are a few months old and I've noticed recently that there are good few light scratches on them. When I was with the opticians I mentioned how I hadn't gone for new glasses when they were due as I had been very disappointed with the two older pairs I had, stating that they had been impossile to clean properly. The optician mentioned numerous times that they had problems with the coating and changed suppliers as there were lots of complaints.

I'm wondering if I have any grounds for complaints with my current pair. I've worn glasses all my life, I clean them only with the cloths provided but already there are numerous fine scratches on the pair I wear. Are they likely to say I just haven't been looking after them properly? I imagine it's a tough thing to establish a fault with. I always get the two pairs and have them thinned and coated.

Many thanks.

Advertisement