Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storage Wars is Fake, Dave Hester Fired.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Epic Dave Hester return

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He's still a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I watched it with my gf last night even though it's rubbish and has worse acting than Fair City. It was unsurprisingly awful. The blonde one selling the lockers was pure cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dave's been replaced by Mary from the Texas show the last two episode's :( Watching her is so uncomfortable as I get a serious mentally challenged vibe from her.

Dan's illness being shown/re-created on the show was tacky as hell tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone try Barry'd Treasure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

tipptom wrote: »
    How can dave Hester come back after all he said/revealed about the show,are there going to be no more plants?,is dave producing and directing the show to make sure of this and is hardly likely to object to the planting if they do now he is back in the fold and knows which side the grass is greener.Could be an out of court settlement between the two to drop their respective lawsuits.

Was Darrells €1m art find planted and given back after the show?

Agree that Darrells and Barrys dislike for each other is genuine and would love to see them going at each other but I don't think bringing dave back is going to improve ratings.
    Looks like the producer thought he was after getting another good civilian find from his quirky friends like Barry with the twins but they are just boring and clueless.
    Whats this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a couple of seasons ago he found a locker belonging to a famous Hispanic dead artist stuffed with loads of his works and a valuer on the show said it was worth hundreds of thousands but I didn't hear it was worth a mill though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Skerries wrote: »
    a couple of seasons ago he found a locker belonging to a famous Hispanic dead artist stuffed with loads of his works and a valuer on the show said it was worth hundreds of thousands but I didn't hear it was worth a mill though

On shows after his find,darrel would be calling himself the king of lockers and the worth of that locker was going up from 300k in multiples 200k according to Darrel much to the annoyance and mirth of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The good stuff is planted by the producers of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Skerries wrote: »
    anyone try Barry'd Treasure?

I watched it. I thought it was a bit boring. He just wasn't as good on his show compared to been on storage wars

• Advertisement

The good stuff is planted by the producers of the show.
    I just wonder about this one of Darrells being to big,wouldnt some of the artists relatives come out and say something?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,222 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"Here's a big gun I made. Here's some shyte I found in a shed"

:rolleyes:

Remember when Discovery Channel was good? Documentaries and stuff?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone else think Darrell has the same mother as that other idiot on Gold rush? That Hoffman guy.

2 guys short a few chromosones

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I watched it with my gf last night even though it's rubbish and has worse acting than Fair City. It was unsurprisingly awful. The blonde one selling the lockers was pure cringe.
    Yes, but at least someone doesn't die, and often at least there's someone who has a good ending.
    endacl wrote: »
    Remember when Discovery Channel was good? Documentaries and stuff?

:(
    Ack, the reality TV shows aren't half bad. Alaska State Troopers can be good. But yup, doesn't beat all of the documentaries they used to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The fact they find something in just about every locker shows it's fake. No one ever gets a real crappy locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone else think Darrell has the same mother as that other idiot on Gold rush? That Hoffman guy.

2 guys short a few chromosones

Darrell is gas craic and probably the best on the show. I like Renee and his wife has a savage pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I think this show has just about run its corse I always looked at it but now it's getting pretty boring.

ricero wrote: »
    Darrell is gas craic and probably the best on the show. I like Renee and his wife has a savage pair
    Renees are almost as big and the more authentic of the two sets I betsmile.png

She's no Brandi from the early shows, lifting crates in her tank tops :D

Used to be a stripper, theres a few funny mugshots of her crying holding up her prisoner number around aswell, on a phone atm.

Thargor wrote: »
    She's no Brandi from the early shows, lifting crates in her tank tops :D

Used to be a stripper, theres a few funny mugshots of her crying holding up her prisoner number around aswell, on a phone atm.
    Pics or gtfo,i like Brandi.pacman.gifpacman.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I find myself missing Renee as apart from the **** he gave Darrell to wind that fool up, him and Ivy at least give realistic item values. Darrell pointing to boxes of complete rubbish while spouting "that's a 300 dollar bill all day long" bugs the crap out of me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

All 'reality' TV is scripted. If not word for word, the premise, the players and the situations are all set ups.
    It's no chance or luck you've got conflicting characters. If they all got along there would be not much of a show. It's like the casting for Big Brother and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

I am profoundly affected by this. Does that mean that World's Worst Tenants is fake as well - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Worst_Tenants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

They're not even pretending anymore in any of these shows, every "spontaneous" situation they're all wearing mics, with cameras in impossible places if it were real. Worst offender has to be that Repo Men sh1te, they're supposed to be sneaking into an aircraft hangar to steal a jet back and they have cameras in the office of the guy whose jet is being repossessed so they can show him working away at his desk unsuspecting? A jet covered in GoPros aswell.

You'd have be something of an idiot to ever believe that any of these shows is in any way real. When you have shows such as Plane Repo where the person you're trying to steal a plane from is handily miked up and no one ever notices the camera man and sound technician whose in the room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Would it not be a great idea if they made a actually real reality tv show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement