Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

Didn't have a bet on this in a while,
    Going to do an accum tonight with a 50 euro stake

Miami -12 @ 1/1 Charlotte are just awful.
    Golden State to win @ 4/7
    Denver @ 23/20
    Portland @ 8/13
    Barcelona and Benfica @ 4/6 and 1/2

Washington to end the series tonight @ 5/3

Washington Wizards - 7.5 v Bulls tonight 7/2 , Small stake .

Ribena74 wrote: »
    Washington to end the series tonight @ 5/3

This comes in , while the handicap hasn't come in.

Tonight San Antonio Spurs win margin 1-10 11/8 Large Stake on this

This comes in , while the handicap hasn't come in.

Tonight San Antonio Spurs win margin 1-10 11/8 Large Stake on this

won by 6!, Indiana -2 tonight Large St
    ake

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Washington Wizards - 7.5 v Bulls tonight 7/2 , Small stake .

Shaving off such an amount of points for such odds rarely if ever works, even if they ended up winning by 6 to miss the cover by a couple for your bet.

If I'm not mistaken, and referencing my record from the day, Washington were +3.5 on the road and straight up were 2/1. It's not hindsight, but if you really fancy a dog winning on the road, just take the moneyline would be my advice. At a push I'd consider -2.5 on the alt line because of free throws at the end of the games if it's close, though in saying that I've been mushed in the past on this too. 2/1 for the win was plenty value that night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Shaving off such an amount of points for such odds rarely if ever works, even if they ended up winning by 6 to miss the cover by a couple for your bet.

If I'm not mistaken, and referencing my record from the day, Washington were +3.5 on the road and straight up were 2/1. It's not hindsight, but if you really fancy a dog winning on the road, just take the moneyline would be my advice. At a push I'd consider -2.5 on the alt line because of free throws at the end of the games if it's close, though in saying that I've been mushed in the past on this too. 2/1 for the win was plenty value that night though.

Washington were surely much bigger than 7/2 to win by 8 or more? Considering the line was +3.5. Is it possible the Op had the price inverted? it would have been about 2/7 for Washington +7.5points.

Washington were surely much bigger than 7/2 to win by 8 or more? Considering the line was +3.5. Is it possible the Op had the price inverted? it would have been about 2/7 for Washington +7.5points.

I was thinking about that myself as I read his post, tbh. The alternate spread he got had me puzzled considering what I had was the opening line +3.5 / +4.0 @ 10/11 with the ML @ 2/1 as I eluded to above. After Tweeting my bets earlier that day, I do remember checking the closing lines just before tip off like I usually do and I'm 90% certain Wizards ML were down as low as 6/4 generally, so it's plausible he got poor value as he bet late in the day. I honestly cannot remember the closing spread though, but factoring in they were 6/4 to win, I imagine the standard line was +1.5 / 2.0 depending on the book.

edit - just to say, I'm not saying Ribena is BS'ing btw.

I was thinking about that myself as I read his post, tbh. The alternate spread he got had me puzzled considering what I had was the opening line +3.5 / +4.0 @ 10/11 with the ML @ 2/1 as I eluded to above. After Tweeting my bets earlier that day, I do remember checking the closing lines just before tip off like I usually do and I'm 90% certain Wizards ML were down as low as 6/4 generally, so it's plausible he got poor value as he bet late in the day. I honestly cannot remember the closing spread though, but factoring in they were 6/4 to win, I imagine the standard line was +1.5 / 2.0 depending on the book.

edit - just to say, I'm not saying Ribena is BS'ing btw.

I would also like to point that out that I am not saying Ribena was BS'ing just the numbers dont make that much sense. I am a Wizards fan so I was watching the game and was on the Wizards moneyline at 19/10

I would also like to point that out that I am not saying Ribena was BS'ing just the numbers dont make that much sense. I am a Wizards fan so I was watching the game and was on the Wizards moneyline at 19/10

You'd have enjoyed reading the NBA threads this season if you've been following then :D

• Advertisement

You'd have enjoyed reading the NBA threads this season if you've been following then :D

Havent been following them to be honest but I'm sure the Wizards were slated as usual!

Tough loss last night, could and probably should have won the game. Hibbert re-emerging from the depths of wherever the hell he was is bad news for the Wizards. But overall this season has been a success. Any further progress is just a bonus! :D

Havent been following them to be honest but I'm sure the Wizards were slated as usual!

Tough loss last night, could and probably should have won the game. Hibbert re-emerging from the depths of wherever the hell he was is bad news for the Wizards. But overall this season has been a success. Any further progress is just a bonus! :D

We have a Pacer fan who has a serious and frankly bizarre hatred of the Wizards and in particular, one John Wall, who unfortunately had a bad game last night. Done my best to hold the fort down since I've been riding with the Wizards for the past 16 months or so, they've been money $$$$$$. Wiz should be grand going forward, just got a bit trigger happy towards the end last night, and hey, at least they covered the spread. Thankfully Nene is okay (just a sprain) which is massively important, when he went down, I thought he did his left knee again initially.

We have a Pacer fan who has a serious and frankly bizarre hatred of the Wizards and in particular, one John Wall, who unfortunately had a bad game last night. Done my best to hold the fort down since I've been riding with the Wizards for the past 16 months or so, they've been money $$$$$$. Wiz should be grand going forward, just got a bit trigger happy towards the end last night, and hey, at least they covered the spread. Thankfully Nene is okay (just a sprain) which is massively important, when he went down, I thought he did his left knee again initially.

Yeah he is a huge part of the puzzle for the Wiz. Wall is terrific to watch and has proven time and again to be the go to guy in games. With Beal coming alive in the playoffs its been really fun to be a Wizards fan this last year but the preceeding years have been really F***ing tough! Pacers fans are all nuts!! Indiana is a basketball state and they dont come much nuttier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Do all books void bets when one of the pitchers doesn't start or does it vary from one to another?

Never mind,I didn't realise you could choose whether to have pitchers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Does Nuri Sahin have a twitter page or facebook page so to follow his basketball tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Does Nuri Sahin have a twitter page or facebook page so to follow his basketball tips?

He does, its a twitter page, but he is selective about who he allows follow him.

buyer95 wrote: »
    He does, its a twitter page, but he is selective about who he allows follow him.

ahh ok,Id be interested in following,if you could let him know or is there a way to get on his page?

I sent him a message asking him, he hasn't seen it yet.

I sent him a message asking him, he hasn't seen it yet.

Are you on twitter yes?

Are you on twitter yes?

yep ill messsage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

Opening night tonight!
    Game 1

San Antonio V Dallas

Handicap:
    San Antonio -4 @ EVENS

Halftime/Fulltime:
    San Antonio/San Antonio @ EVENS

Two picks that stand out for me tonight!

Game 2

Houston V LA Lakers

Over/Unders:
    Over 205 pts @ 10/11

Will be everything but a defensive game IMO.

Mavericks to beat Pelicans tonight straight up. Hat tip to Ade

Golden State Warriors tonight 7/5

9 team acca for the sake of it

Charlotte
    Indiana
    Cleveland
    Minnesota
    New York Knicks
    Toronto
    Detroit
    Chicago/Chicago halftime FullTime
    Dallas

Abe_88 wrote: »
    9 team acca for the sake of it

Charlotte
    Indiana
    Cleveland
    Minnesota
    New York Knicks
    Toronto
    Detroit
    Chicago/Chicago halftime FullTime
    Dallas

I don't like Indiana winning on the road in Boston at all. Hawks Hornets will be very close as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Be on Clevland against tonight. Waiting to see if Kyrie plays though

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

I really like the Panthers +2 at dallas

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Charity10k

Superbowl: CAROLINA PANTHERS v DENVER BRONCOS - TOTAL CAROLINA PANTHERS POINTS

Over 24.5 points @ Evens - Ladbrokes

Advertisement