Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George H W Bush has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhMBFfAgoE

Well worth a listen as was the whole series in the run up to the 2016 US election. Put together by the Washington Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Where does trump lie in this average dopeness, and how good is he really, at addressing the masses?

Trump knows his audience, it's actually his strongest card. Trump trumps them all..:pac:
    chrissb8 wrote: »
    Par Obama do you think Bush & Trump have the capacity to be president? They're both supported and propped by much smarter people.

Yes they do. Is that not a strength to recognise where they need support ? It's a super smart quality to be self aware, yet you seem to think it's a failure?
    Not that I agree Obama was better or worse that these guys, he has just better PR.

People tend to judge these guys based on whether they like them or not so it's not really an argument going places.

Generally it does mean if someone jumbles up their words they aren't all that smart.

nah it means that aren't good at speaking , a great quality but doesn't have bearing on the rest of their intelligence.

Because smart people can form coherent sentences, arguments with logic and elequence. Not continuously contradict themselves on a daily basis.

As a smart man (Bertrand Russell) once said
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

This explains so much about certain posters when they come out with 911 being an inside job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

batgoat wrote: »
    This explains so much about certain posters when they come out with 911 being an inside job...

New World Order! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭buried

Check out the date on the cheque man

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I tend not to be a conspiracy theorist, but rather a believer in conspiracy facts, or which there are many. Hard to find a war that started without a conspiracy or a lie.

The problem with the theorists is that they go overboard and start to believe multiple things that couldn't have happened, and the more wheels within wheels there are the more unlikely something is a conspiracy, not the reverse. The simplest inside job is that the Arabs were acting alone but some spy services were aware, or ( less likely) were controlled by a western power unbeknownst to themselves, and there is definitely evidence of some prior knowledge. No need for demolition explosives, magic planes, etc etc etc

And of course many rational people in the left in the US believe a conspiracy where Russia controlled Trump for years, and effected the US election. Theres a dossier to that effect, and either the conspiratorial dossier is true and there was a conspiracy by Russia, or it isn't and theres a deep state conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

paw patrol wrote:
    Trump knows his audience, it's actually his strongest card. Trump trumps them all..

He's as thick as ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You think "Black Flags" are an invention of modern day and dont happen? Bay of Tonka, Polish persecuations of German families pre world war 2.

A guy I know insists Jews are behind the construction of every war. Even our own war of independence was hinging on a loan from the Rotheschilds. The Rotheschilds kept the Napoleonic War going for years and entrenching both sides in massive debt. You have JP Morgan over on the other side of the atlantic. They dont even try to hide the Bilderbergs no more. Even Irishmen like Peter Sutherland and Simon Coveney have been/are members.

You think "Black Flags" are an invention of modern day and dont happen? Bay of Tonka, Polish persecuations of German families pre world war 2.

A guy I know insists Jews are behind the construction of every war. Even our own war of independence was hinging on a loan from the Rotheschilds. The Rotheschilds kept the Napoleonic War going for years and entrenching both sides in massive debt. You have JP Morgan over on the other side of the atlantic. They dont even try to hide the Bilderbergs no more. Even Irishmen like Peter Sutherland and Simon Coveney have been/are members.

Okay, so you're veering into anti semetic conspiracies now... You think this makes you sound more credible?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    He's as thick as ****e

He may not talk the talk like Obama or have the charm of Bill Clinton, But the man knows business and how to get things moving. He has been the head of a Fortune 500 company. He fires incompetent people or people who have been compromised, he has work ethic, he does charity and civil rights. George W Bush just played golf and Obama surfed the net for 4 hours a night.

Shure he has made mistakes in business but he has always bounced back up. America needs to be run as business and not as a social welfare state for Banks corporations and non nationals. I only wish we had a Taoiseach who put Ireland first.

• Advertisement

Okay, so you're veering into anti semetic conspiracies now... You think this makes you sound more credible?

How do you think the war of independence would have gotten off the ground if Collins couldnt get finance? Keep the 12 apostles fed, armed and in safe houses? Who kept the Flying Columns in West Cork moving? Paid Remington for the Thompsons (great idea but massive problems with acquiring 45 parabellum)? Paid Mausers for the k98's? Not sure how many Mausers 96's? Paid bribes, pensions and seed money for the foundation of the state. We used to have an army then of 30,000.

Notice how the IRA struck the British at a particular weak point exactly after the first world war, Spanish flu, failed expeditionary force to Russia. British were worn down at that stage that didnt happen by accident.

Before you say "wacist" I have a few Jewish friends (not many) and visited many synagogues in Ireland the UK and the States. I do recognise they are cut from a different material. They have a different attitude to life and their religion has out lived many, many contemporaries of their time and will outlive our own western civilisation.

Can we get to the bottom of highly compressed kerosene not being capable of exploding. After seeing many videos of plane crashes I just have trouble believing they are all CGI :eek:

tuxy wrote: »
    Can we get to the bottom of highly compressed kerosene not being capable of exploding. After seeing many videos of plane crashes I just have trouble believing they are all CGI :eek:

What about WTC 7 which spontaneously exploded?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

nullzero wrote: »

As you said your belief is also just a belief.

No, my belief is actually a fact. Two planes hit the twin towers and brought them down. OBL and Al Qeuda were behind it, not some dark shadow government. The latter is a belief, just like Santa Claus, know the difference.

I'm not an engineer. Can we talk about things I do know about please.
    You claimed yesterday that pressurised kerosene does not explode, I'm still baffled by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

You claimed yesterday that pressurised kerosene does not explode, I'm still baffled by this.

It doesn't always, you do know that?

Christ, this argument again. Just because you find it hard to believe that it fell from the debris of the WTC, does not mean that it was felled by explosives as part of some black ops. It makes no sense at all.

It doesn't always, you do know that?

I do but skooterblue2 claimed it can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

A Trump fan having a pop at another president for playing golf

You're deluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

markodaly wrote: »
    No, my belief is actually a fact. Two planes hit the twin towers and brought them down. OBL and Al Qeuda were behind it, not some dark shadow government. The latter is a belief, just like Santa Claus, know the difference.

There’s not enough evidence for the conspiracy theory, for sure.

However you believe that the US government would never bomb its own citizens if it could?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He may not talk the talk like Obama or have the charm of Bill Clinton, But the man knows business and how to get things moving. He has been the head of a Fortune 500 company. He fires incompetent people or people who have been compromised, he has work ethic, he does charity and civil rights. George W Bush just played golf and Obama surfed the net for 4 hours a night.

Shure he has made mistakes in business but he has always bounced back up. America needs to be run as business and not as a social welfare state for Banks corporations and non nationals. I only wish we had a Taoiseach who put Ireland first.

....you d have to wonder, is here really any hope for mankind!

However you believe that the US government would never bomb its own citizens if it could?

That is a rethocial question, we are dealing with the actual facts of 9/11 however.

Shure didnt they test the pattern for spreading biological agents on the citizens of St Paul in Minnesota? and a few other medium sized cities? "For the greater good?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

GHWB had a point in creating a new world order, but thanks to the war mongering of the Democrats a insurmountable chasm has opened up between East and West again.

How do you think the war of independence would have gotten off the ground if Collins couldnt get finance? Keep the 12 apostles fed, armed and in safe houses? Who kept the Flying Columns in West Cork moving? Paid Remington for the Thompsons (great idea but massive problems with acquiring 45 parabellum)? Paid Mausers for the k98's? Not sure how many Mausers 96's? Paid bribes, pensions and seed money for the foundation of the state. We used to have an army then of 30,000.

Notice how the IRA struck the British at a particular weak point exactly after the first world war, Spanish flu, failed expeditionary force to Russia. British were worn down at that stage that didnt happen by accident.

Before you say "wacist" I have a few Jewish friends (not many) and visited many synagogues in Ireland the UK and the States. I do recognise they are cut from a different material. They have a different attitude to life and their religion has out lived many, many contemporaries of their time and will outlive our own western civilisation.

Ah yep, you're basically using rhetoric that wouldn't be out of place in "the international jew" by Henry Ford. So you agree with Hitler to an extent on the topic? Saying you have many Jewish friends doesn't make the above statements factual or sane.

I said Kerosene does not explode, that would be under "normal conditions" like on the farm burning rubbish. I dont have any formal training with explosives, it wouldnt be on a Biomedical engineering course (I dont even know how a car engine starts, no interest), what knowledge of explosives I do have would have been in books passed around.

Now under normal conditions water cannnot cut bread but if you put it through an aperture at high enough pressure it will work better than any knife with no moving parts, that is not under normal conditions. I have often heard of that in cake factories with assembly line production.

Ah yep, you're basically using rhetoric that wouldn't be out of place in "the international jew" by Henry Ford. So you agree with Hitler to an extent on the topic? Saying you have many Jewish friends doesn't make the above statements factual or sane.

oh yes you have me in one. Jews and their own kind come first and foremost. Their first loyalty is to their own faith, people and homeland. I have no problem with this ideology, in a similar position I would do the same. You need to look into the Rotheschilds and their agendas. They do exist and they are a real banking force in the world. Although my friends are Sephardic jews in origin, they are cool friends to hang out with. They are not Ashkenazi jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

There are differing opinions on that point, so it is your belief.
    Also I see you sidestepped the point I made about your lack of manners, by being condescending once again. How are things up on that ivory tower of yours?

Glazers Out!

Christ, this argument again. Just because you find it hard to believe that it fell from the debris of the WTC, does not mean that it was felled by explosives as part of some black ops. It makes no sense at all.

Well the 9/11 truth commision found from FEMA investigators that they had no clue either.

"The specifics of the fires in WTC 7 and how they caused the building to collapse remain unknown at this time. Although the total diesel fuel on the premises contained massive potential energy, the best hypothesis has only a low probability of occurrence. Further research, investigation, and analyses are needed to resolve this issue."

i.e. We havent a clue or we arent telling.

If FEMA cant work it out with paid engineers who are supposedly tops in their fields then who else can work it out? Beyoncé?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He seemed like a decent enough skin and kept kept his fly shut unlike the guy who replaced him.

Advertisement