Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction drawings

• 20-06-2018 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Would anybody on here be able to help me out with the drawing of construction drawings for a house. 
    I have planning premission but my engineer does not do opt out.
    we are opting out and so now i am looking for someone to do these drawings
      [font=arial, sans-serif][*]Fully dimensioned construction drawings, Elevations and floor plans dimensioned (TO ALSO INCLUDE DRAWINGS OF CRITICAL LOCATIONS OF THE BUILD I.E. BLOCKWORK TO FOUNDATION, CILL, LINTEL, EAVES, RIDGE ETC).
      [*]Foundation Drawings (plan and sections
      [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fmc2011

darrmolo wrote: »
      Would anybody on here be able to help me out with the drawing of construction drawings for a house. 
        [font=arial, sans-serif][*]Fully dimensioned construction drawings, Elevations and floor plans dimensioned (TO ALSO INCLUDE DRAWINGS OF CRITICAL LOCATIONS OF THE BUILD I.E. BLOCKWORK TO FOUNDATION, CILL, LINTEL, EAVES, RIDGE ETC).
        [/font]

Hi Darrmolo,

I can do this for you. If your interested I can do it in Revit and you'll have both 2D and 3D views and I can include some 3D renders of the finished interior and exterior of the house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

[/font]

Who will then sign off on these details as compliant with the Building Regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 darrmolo

Who will then sign off on these details as compliant with the Building Regulations?[/quote]

As i am opting out i am taking on the responsibility that the house is being built to the standards required

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

As i am opting out i am taking on the responsibility that the house is being built to the standards required

You are opting out of the Statutory Certificate requirements of BCAR, not the Building control Act requirements of compliance with the Building Regulations.

Again, how will you get a Certificate or opinion of compliance with building and planning regulations?

Who is doing the Preliminary BER?
          Air Tightness Testing?
          Who is making sure that it all complies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Casati

kceire wrote: »
          You are opting out of the Statutory Certificate requirements of BCAR, not the Building control Act requirements of compliance with the Building Regulations.

Again, how will you get a Certificate or opinion of compliance with building and planning regulations?

Who is doing the Preliminary BER?
          Air Tightness Testing?
          Who is making sure that it all complies?

Do you have to get somebody to sign off that it all complies if you opt out? How can a professional do this if the op is opting out?

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

This could be the worst decision of your life OP.....get an architect, it's a small cost in the grand scheme of things.

Advertisement