Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    Harrington having nightmare

was using a bellyputter for the first time, it was the only reason I didn't back him as he has good course form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Boo and Glover going well.Ryan Moore look's a bit of a dark horse now too,Had a good turnout here last year and has started well.

It might not matter if McIlroy has one of those weekend's anyway.

My China bet's are done already.Aguilar(+1) and Maximilian Kiefer(+7!).Look's a really unexpected leaderboard,Noren and Fraser nowhere near the front thought they'd go well.Might be a mad price that take's the prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Need leader westwood n 7 under max when he finishes to get simpson back in he needs a 68 or even better 66 later

Whoever said simpson putting gone to pot its true 5 ft missed fr bird on a par 5 and 6ft on par 4 hardly missed them last year

Simpson one word SHOCKING

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Can Phil put 4 good rounds together or will he lose it a tad today ? Here's to hoping he loses it.

fangee wrote: »
    Can Phil put 4 good rounds together or will he lose it a tad today ? Here's to hoping he loses it.
    I think thats phils one bad round

jjll wrote: »
    I think thats phils one bad round

It was indeed but annoyingly Glover matched it.

Hard to pick a winner even on the final day but Phil or Watney represent NO value at 2/1 & 5/2 respectively.

I can see them shooting even par or worse which will bring about 20 players into it.

Although I wasn't interested in him pre-tournament I think Rory represents the value at 9/1 paying 3 places.

Anybody from the pack who can shoot a -5 or -6 today (and somebody will) will go very close so it's just a case of finding the one who will.

I'll leave it from a betting perspective as Glover and Points are still just about involved. Points is probably the most likely of the two to hit a -5.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Nick Watney @ 28/1

Looking forward to another Sunday sideways or meltdown performance to add to my list this season.

Mjisenjoyingthisdrama.gif

8 under will be winning score just saw pins there in shocking places some only 4 ft on over bunkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

And McIlroy 3 putts from 18 feet on the 1st for a bogey. He is not far away from a win though. Looks like Points is my only hope for today.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    And McIlroy 3 putts from 18 feet on the 1st for a bogey. He is not far away from a win though. Looks like Points is my only hope for today.

And so much for that, Points +2 after 1 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

8 under will be winning score just saw pins there in shocking places some only 4 ft on over bunkers

Ta for that,that will suit Westy,on at 8/1

yeah but it's raining so i think they'll get to 11 or so

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Looking forward to another Sunday sideways or meltdown performance to add to my list this season.

Mjisenjoyingthisdrama.gif

Yup.

98980ae6bd4159a0b40ee660fc268981.png

looks like you could be right and a playoff on the cards,would love to see David Lynn win,very likeable individual

The Players Championship

Some early prices.

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-players-championship/winner

Tiger @ 13/2, I'll definitely have some of that.

Some prices catching my eye early are Westwood @28/1, Day @ 40/1, Horschel @ 40/1, Els @ 80/1.

They have had a lot of rain in the past week and they have been using the sub-air system to suck as much water up as they can. It will still be pretty soft surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

horschel is 66/1 with betfair fixed odd, definitely overpriced at that price.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    horschel is 66/1 with betfair fixed odd, definitely overpriced at that price.
    They're probably thinking he's a little erratic for the course but rain defo helps him.
    Think ill be doing Donald

YayaBanana wrote: »
    The Players Championship

Some early prices.

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-players-championship/winner

Tiger @ 13/2, I'll definitely have some of that.

Some prices catching my eye early are Westwood @28/1, Day @ 40/1, Horschel @ 40/1, Els @ 80/1.

They have had a lot of rain in the past week and they have been using the sub-air system to suck as much water up as they can. It will still be pretty soft surely.

Tiger only won twice on a pete dye course so id be careful

• Advertisement

Hunter Mahan @100/1 is worth a fiver e/w 6 places even though he's playing bad

First impressions are all about Bo Van Pelt for me although I thought I'd get better than 50/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

They're probably thinking he's a little erratic for the course but rain defo helps him.
    Think ill be doing Donald

Donald will most likely be my main bet the course should in theory suit him down to the ground and he has been in decent form

Sergio Garcia @ 33/1
    Nick Watney @ 45/1
    Henrik Stenson @ 50/1
    David Toms @ 125/1

Might stick a few quid on Fowler again this week as well later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bill Haas 110
    Jim Furyk 70
    Sergio Garcia 36
    Brian Gay 410
    Steve Stricker 70
    Henrik Stenson 75
    Matt Kuchar 36
    Charl Schwatzel 42
    Tim Clark 100

All win on exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

Hi all, just to point out stan James are paying 7 places at the players this week on their mobile site. Good offer IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Horschel is in unreal form - 4 top 10's with 1 win in his last 4 starts but no first timer has won the Players so I'm going to avoid him this week. I drew up a list of 12 golfers and i have it narrowed down to 4 now.

Lee Westwood - 25/1
    Tim Clark - 66/1
    Dustin Johnson - 50/1
    Zach Johnson - 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sb78

Hi, new here, but usually have a punt each week on Europe or U.S., sometimes Asian tour too if my bank allows...
    Here's Steve Palmers picks, just got the Racing Post in front of me (I don't exclusively follow him but its a place to start I guess)

Donald 2.5pts ew
    Kuchar 1.5pts ew
    Garcia 1.5pts ew
    van Pelt 1pt ew
    Perez 0.5pt ew

he also gives a chance to Mcdowell, Streelman and Mickleson (if he manages to improve his tee-to-green)

Going to stick with Bo Van Pelt even though I wanted better than 50/1.

My savers will be on Kevin Streelman at 80/1 and Brandt Snedeker who could be savagely overpriced at 40/1 even though his course form is not great in theory he should fit the course very well. If not struggling with recent injuries then he could be great value.

Garcia HAS to be mentioned especially at 30/1. Great course form and had been putting well this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sb78

narrowed it down to the below 4 in the end:

Donald 18
    Kuchar 33
    Stenson 60
    McDowell 40

Advertisement