Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beading and jewellery making

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Yes, you need pretty good eyesight and a daylight bulb really helps. ;)

I either:
    - use a bead cap and headpin at the end. (Tie the thread ends into a knot, put the headpin through the knot and the beadcap. Bend the pin to make a loop for attaching the fastener)
    or else
    - use a leather crimp (Glue AND crimp it onto the threads. It already has the loop for attaching the fastener).

But with this necklace I tried something different and make a few beaded loops on one end (with fine elastic instead of normal thread) and on the other end I used a small wooden bead with a large hole, which I covered with short strands of the seed beads, threading each strand through the hole.

I'll take another photo of the ends and upload that.

Am attaching a pic of the entire necklace, including the ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hobite

Hi. I love anything sparkly! I usually prefer quick & easy jewellery, particularly earrings, but I've experimented a little with different kinds of bead weaving. Here's one I did ages ago on a small loom.

TreasureBin, this is nice. I like the colours: black and white. Myself, I use seed beads only for brooches. But never done anything like yours.

So, girls, what you doing now? I have ready couple of cabachons for my brooches, just need to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Hi

thought I would pop in a few bits that I have been making. I haven't been doing too much jewellery making of late as I have been making my cake toppers.

The collar I made last year, based loosley around Lynn Davey's Rose garden collar, I made a more colourful one before this one and it's a great adaptable pattern. I don't think I could ever do loom work, but I do love bead weaving.

The other two are just little quickies I made from polymer clay to sell at craft fairs..

I'm delighted to see boardsie's sharing their beading!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hobite

The collar I made last year, based loosley around Lynn Davey's Rose garden collar, I made a more colourful one before this one and it's a great adaptable pattern. I don't think I could ever do loom work, but I do love bead weaving.
    This is nice.

The other two are just little quickies I made from polymer clay to sell at craft fairs.
    This is from polymer clay? Fantastic. Really beautiful. I tried to do something/anythign from polymer clay, it was disaster. My cousin, she made couple of beads and they were ok. But I couldnt do anything, it was too difficult. I know, I dont have any experience working with clay. So, your quickies look really really nice. BTW, I adore green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

love that ring there - its very funky!

i post stuff on my blog
    http://petshaecreates.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dals

Hey Guys, does anyone know a shop in or around Leixlip / Dublin where I can find reels of friendship braclet string? Roughly what price?

Try the Yellow Brick Road in Dublin (near Ha'penny Bridge) for all kinds of beading thread. Friendship bracelets are often made from cotton embroidery thread because of the better range of colours, and you might get that in Hickey's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blooming beads

Hy
    I'm looking for beaders in Dublin region for sharing experience and socializing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Merrycat

Hi BB,

I' min Wexford but make frequent trips to Dublin (family home) and yes I am a jeweler and a beader. Would like to meet more people interested in beading!

Merry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Blooming beads

Yes I like to meet more jeweler and a beader people very much. I'm pretty much new in country and now is time to start with my hobby again. For now I'm in Celbridge but my bike go everywhere. :)
    Suzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jaimca1983

Hi all i am just making terracotta jewellery and beads..and i do quilling studs

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

My partner makes jewellery. She wouldn't have the time to visit this forum but she'd love to talk with other people interested in the craft. Drop her a line on her Facebook page, Marsha Sutcliffe Jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tramontana

For everyone interested in all kinds of jewellery making in Cork, I've created a facebook group "Jewellery Makers in Cork", please come take a look :) (hope it's not against the rules).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jumbootoys

i'm working as a full-day job for making toys, jewellery

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GirlOutWest

Why is postage to Ireland sooooo expensive. Loads of great deals on ebay but I'm put off by the added postage costs. And I am still waiting, 9 weeks and counting, for some jewellery wire, I ordered from China. Ok, rant over, sorry...

Anyway, I have been using www.Beads100.com - They Oirish and prices v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tramontana

beadbubble.com is also good

Advertisement