Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-12-2019, 00:07   #31
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZan View Post
Mine now showing up on the Royal Mail tracking website. Previously I had to use 4px to track it. So it's obviously just across the pond.
That's very quick, way quicker than I would have expected. It would be great if you got it before xmas.
Advertisement
21-12-2019, 00:57   #32
CyberGhost

Mine has shipped using DPD. I wish they had just shipped using normal post. I hate waiting for couriers.
21-12-2019, 12:09   #33
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGhost View Post
Mine has shipped using DPD. I wish they had just shipped using normal post. I hate waiting for couriers.
if you register for parcel wizard you can reschedule dpd deliveries coming in from other sources like this but delivered by DPD if it's picked up through their internal matching from the parcel wizard website (through name, email etc).

e.g. to a pickup location etc. / change address
Thanks from:
21-12-2019, 13:03   #34
teotwawki

As always I recommend rechargeable NiMH batteries for 1xAA or 1xAAA flashlights.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/cat/batte...hargers-41070/

Alkaline are okay in a pinch but these flashlights are high-powered* and alkaline batteries are inherently not capable of supplying enough current to get the maximum brightness. NiMH also deliver a more steady voltage as they run down.

IKEA Ladda White are good value NiMH cells and are believed to be rebadged Panasonic Eneloops, or in the very least made in the same factory.

*Relatively speaking of course. 220 lumen is a lot for a 1xAAA light, and 350 lumen is a lot for a 1xAA light.
Thanks from:
21-12-2019, 13:26   #35
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by teotwawki View Post
As always I recommend rechargeable NiMH batteries for 1xAA or 1xAAA flashlights.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/cat/batte...hargers-41070/

Alkaline are okay in a pinch but these flashlights are high-powered* and alkaline batteries are inherently not capable of supplying enough current to get the maximum brightness. NiMH also deliver a more steady voltage as they run down.

IKEA Ladda White are good value NiMH cells and are believed to be rebadged Panasonic Eneloops, or in the very least made in the same factory.

*Relatively speaking of course. 220 lumen is a lot for a 1xAAA light, and 350 lumen is a lot for a 1xAA light.
10 euro ikea shipping for a few batteries makes it less attractive tho
Advertisement
21-12-2019, 13:37   #36
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
Yeah I wouldn't order them online with that kinda shipping. I didn't even know they ship. I just pick up a few when i'm in or near a branch.

If you're never close to a branch then I can have a look around and see what are some good prices for shipped NiMHs.

Alkaline are fine if that's what you have to hand.
22-12-2019, 16:02   #37
VanZan

Well it's showing on the An Post website so I should have it tomorrow. Has anyone else got theirs? Mine was late dispatching over an error in my Eircode.
22-12-2019, 16:17   #38
dhaughton99

I ordered 2 separately at the same time. One has cleared customs in London and other is still in HK.
Thanks from:
22-12-2019, 16:54   #39
Discodog

Mine is in Dublin
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-12-2019, 17:32   #40
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZan View Post
Well it's showing on the An Post website so I should have it tomorrow. Has anyone else got theirs? Mine was late dispatching over an error in my Eircode.
I ordered before anyone and mine only left HK the other day... it also looks like two separate sub-€22 orders were combined (same tracking #) so I could be on the hook for customs. I will just refuse it if that's the case.
22-12-2019, 21:08   #41
DavyC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teotwawki View Post
I ordered before anyone and mine only left HK the other day... it also looks like two separate sub-€22 orders were combined (same tracking #) so I could be on the hook for customs. I will just refuse it if that's the case.
Like a dope I ordered the AA one and AAA one together. I sent them a message afterwards asking could they either send them separately or do something else, they came back the next day and said they could do something else

Last edited by DavyC2; 22-12-2019 at 21:46.
23-12-2019, 01:32   #42
Invincible

Quote:
7 day shop are good for rechargeable too,
Free shipping.
Thanks from:
23-12-2019, 08:52   #43
Del2005

Quote:
Keep an eye out in Lidl they regularly do "Ready to use" rechargeable batteries and after using both Lidl and Ikea there's no difference.
Thanks from:
23-12-2019, 09:00   #44
dhaughton99

Got one of mine this morning. AAA. Great quality. Thanks OP

Last edited by dhaughton99; 23-12-2019 at 10:50.
Thanks from:
23-12-2019, 09:01   #45
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyC2 View Post
Like a dope I ordered the AA one and AAA one together. I sent them a message afterwards asking could they either send them separately or do something else, they came back the next day and said they could do something else
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion