Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2019, 22:51   #61
frag420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
is there a non-noise cancelling version of these - tried on a pair and the "pressure" didn't feel comfortable. I don''t think I need noise cancelling as a feature...
The ANC is optional, you don’t have to use it!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-02-2019, 11:13   #62
jiltloop

I see the QC 25s are right down to €159 on Amazon.es is the only difference between these and the QC 35s the fact that they are wired rather than wireless?

https://www.amazon.es/Bose-QuietComf...+quiet+comfort
21-02-2019, 11:16   #63
Kolido

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiltloop View Post
I see the QC 25s are right down to €159 on Amazon.es is the only difference between these and the QC 35s the fact that they are wired rather than wireless?

https://www.amazon.es/Bose-QuietComf...+quiet+comfort
That and they use regular batteries I believe rather than an built in one. You can get a wireless adapter for these if that was a concern.
Thanks from:
21-02-2019, 14:36   #64
jiltloop

I don't think those differences would bother me too much at that price. Very tempted!
22-02-2019, 10:20   #65
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
25s take 1 AAA battery.

The biggest annoyance is you have no idea how much battery life is left, and if it runs out when you're out and about it can be frustrating as the sound quality drops a good bit without power.
Advertisement
22-02-2019, 10:22   #66
spockety

Mod: DCU, ZTest
Anyone any thoughts on these Vs the Sony 1000's , particularly for flights?

What I've read is that the Sony's are better for sound, but the Bose are better for ANC. I think most of my use on flights will be movies/shows/podcasts and so the Bose might be better?
22-02-2019, 11:01   #67
killbillvol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spockety View Post

What I've read is that the Sony's are better for sound, but the Bose are better for ANC. I think most of my use on flights will be movies/shows/podcasts and so the Bose might be better?
You need to try them on. I found the Bose more comfortable. It's down to personal preference.

That feeling of shutting out your fellow passengers is priceless!
Thanks from:
22-02-2019, 13:08   #68
redscan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spockety View Post

I've used both extensively for all activities. I had the Bose Qc35 for two years and then got the Sonys in January. However, I just sent the Sonys back after a month and have gone back to my Bose. The Sonys do have a more 'lively' sound and the Bose could be described as a little more flat. But the difference isnt a huge deal for me as comfort and noise cancelling are the two biggest priorities.

The noise cancelling on the Sonys is better but when you have music at a normal volume the differences are negligible.

In terms of comfort there is no contest for me. Obviously it depends on the shape of your head and ears but for me the Bose are in a different league. Spacious ear cups and you barely feel them on your head. The Sonys are noticeably heavier and the earcups a lot more shallow. They also have a bigger 'footprint' for people with bigger heads and possibly wouldn't work too well when trying to sleep on a flight. I definitely got a pain on my crown after a few hours and my ears get sweaty.

A couple of other things I didn't like about the Sonys: touch controls and the call quality. I hated the touch controls. Rarely worked as I wanted. Notciebale problems in the cold too. Give me physical buttons any day! The call quality on the Sonys is very poor. It opens up the microphones and you can barely hear the person you are calling. The Bose on the other hand is like having a conversation in a room with just that person. Work so well. Probably something Sony could fix with a software update.

The battery life on the Bose is 20 hours and the Sonys 30. However I found myself charging for the Sonys much more frequently. That is because they don't have as clever an auto shut off feature as the Bose. The Bose turn off after a set period when there is no music playing. The Sonys turn off when the Bluetooth is disconnected. I usually forgot to do that so I'd find they would be on all day. Again this is a feature some might like as they just want to wear them to block out sound in the office.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.
22-02-2019, 13:54   #69
munsterbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiltloop

These say Apple version? Does that really make a difference? As it looks like 3.5mm cord in picture, would be using on android devices.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2019, 14:07   #70
OSI

The in-line controller is device dependant, so the controls on an Apple version won't work on an Android version and vice versa.
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2019, 16:32   #71
coldfire1x

Just in case if anyone is looking for Sony one:

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/produc...3%20headphones

Good price and you can get further 3% discount with TECH3 code, I think valid till Sunday.
24-02-2019, 13:20   #72
LazerShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire1x View Post
Just in case if anyone is looking for Sony one:

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/produc...3%20headphones

Good price and you can get further 3% discount with TECH3 code, I think valid till Sunday.
A mate of mine got these in a Black Friday deal last year. They are lovely.
Thanks from:
24-02-2019, 15:47   #73
Nigel Fairservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerShark View Post
A mate of mine got these in a Black Friday deal last year. They are lovely.
I got a pair of these last year. It was a toss up between these or the Bose. The gesture control swung it for me for the Sonys.
24-02-2019, 17:00   #74
Nonoperational

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
25s take 1 AAA battery.

The biggest annoyance is you have no idea how much battery life is left, and if it runs out when you're out and about it can be frustrating as the sound quality drops a good bit without power.
The light changes when there is around 20% left in the battery. It flashes instead of solid if I remember correctly.
24-02-2019, 17:48   #75
zweton

270 on e-global, would you recommend from here?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/a8ilop...o1tkqe-en.html

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion