Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-10-2018, 13:39   #61
Jigsaw 27

Hi Everyone,

I bought an Easca double mattress though a youtube advertisement which has now been explained to me as an affiliate advert of Easca. That seemingly means that if you use that discount code that the person promoting it gets commission if you buy and may not even own one of these Easca mattresses themselves. Anyways there was a bad smell of it when opened. I only used it for 20 nights and had to revert to the spare room. After buying it I did not use it for over 2 months as I was moving to UK from Dublin and was stored unopened during this time but this should not make any difference. The smell is not as bad but still quite strong. Has anyone else experience this ?

I don't find it worth 700 euro and that with the smell asked them to take it back. They said I should have asked them sooner but my correspondence to them shows that I was on time. What concerns me also is that they say they are an Irish company but I can only find links to a UK office. Any help appreciated
Advertisement
09-10-2018, 13:56   #62
Poncke

We have our Easca mattress now for 5 days and I dont smell anything anymore. And it didnt smell bad to begin with. The IKEA mattresses we have smelled a lot longer.
09-10-2018, 16:55   #63
god's toy

Have mine about 2 months now and no smell here too... A very slight one on day 1 but gone very quickly after.

Deffo keeping it, as to be honest my back is very thankful for this mattress as after just two weeks I'm no longer waking at night up (or in the morning) in pain.
Thanks from:
09-10-2018, 17:40   #64
OldBean

Ours didn't smell bad, just of chemicals. Lasted about a week. Definitely not right to have it still smelling that long.
30-10-2018, 14:55   #65
Dinarius

In the market for a Euro King size mattress: 160cm (w) x 200cm (l)

Not an easy size to find.

Dealing with Ikea was a total mare so we gave up.

Mattress.ie - you ring both numbers and the voice answers immediately and says, "You cannot leave a message. The mailbox is full." Not encouraging! When a guy did eventually answer, he tried to sell me something I didn't want, saying he could get that model in the Euro King size we're after. Seriously underwhelming. Tried to buy via PayPal on their site, for some security, but there is no option to book takeaway of the old mattress, which he said they offer. (So do Ikea by the way - but, not over the phone. And, when you go to their store to book collection of the old mattress, they tell you they don't offer the service. Cowboys - strictly for the purchase of small items only.)

Bigmickey.ie - where on that site can I confirm how big a mattress actually is? I must be going blind.

Easca.ie - I like the site and the look of the product - they have one in the size we need - €695 with reduction. But, no mention of collecting the old mattress, and all this talk here of a "smell" is a little disconcerting.

Memoryfoamwarehouse.ie - ideally, we'd like pocket-sprung/medium-firm, which they don't seem to have.

So, looking like Easca at the moment, unless I'm convinced otherwise.

D.
Advertisement
30-10-2018, 14:59   #66
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinarius View Post
In the market for a Euro King size mattress: 160cm (w) x 200cm (l)

Not an easy size to find.

Dealing with Ikea was a total mare so we gave up.

Mattress.ie - you ring both numbers and the voice answers immediately and says, "You cannot leave a message. The mailbox is full." Not encouraging! When a guy did eventually answer, he tried to sell me something I didn't want, saying he could get that model in the Euro King size we're after. Seriously underwhelming. Tried to buy via PayPal on their site, for some security, but there is no option to book takeaway of the old mattress, which he said they offer. (So do Ikea by the way - but, not over the phone. And, when you go to their store to book collection of the old mattress, they tell you they don't offer the service. Cowboys - strictly for the purchase of small items only.)

Bigmickey.ie - where on that site can I confirm how big a mattress actually is? I must be going blind.

Easca.ie - I like the site and the look of the product - they have one in the size we need - €695 with reduction. But, no mention of collecting the old mattress, and all this talk here of a "smell" is a little disconcerting.

Memoryfoamwarehouse.ie - ideally, we'd like pocket-sprung/medium-firm, which they don't seem to have.

So, looking like Easca at the moment, unless I'm convinced otherwise.

D.
Have 160cm X 200cm in stock. Any other model that you want can be made especially for you and will be available by Friday of this week if ordered today or tomorrow. PM me and we can discuss.

Thanks

Last edited by bigmickey.ie; 30-10-2018 at 15:08.
Thanks from:
30-10-2018, 15:06   #67
Poncke

The smell of the ecasa mattress is exaggerated. Not worse than ikea, and gone in a day or two
Thanks from:
30-10-2018, 15:19   #68
Dinarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmickey.ie View Post
Have 160cm X 200cm in stock. Any other model that you want can be made especially for you and will be available by Friday of this week if ordered today or tomorrow. PM me and we can discuss.

Thanks

Can you post links to models that are available in 160x200?

Thanks for the prompt response.

D.
30-10-2018, 22:00   #69
bigmickey.ie
Verified representative

Mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinarius View Post
Can you post links to models that are available in 160x200?

Thanks for the prompt response.

D.
I sent you a pm earlier today. All our regular stock is available in any size and generally available within a week.

Thanks
Advertisement
10-12-2018, 19:34   #70
gark

Easca don't honor their warranty...

I have been trying to return my Easca mattress, but they have been ignoring my emails.
They also stopped replying on Facebook after I had told them it's about a return.
They only replied once saying that the 100 days have passed, but my very first email was within 100 days...

I have been looking for their CRO number for the Small Claims case, but looks like they are not registered in Ireland..
10-12-2018, 19:38   #71
Poncke

Did you actually check their website?

Call 076 680 5111, talk to someone instead of emailing.
10-12-2018, 19:56   #72
gark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncke View Post
Did you actually check their website?

Call 076 680 5111, talk to someone instead of emailing.
Yes, I checked their website, they have an Irish VAT number, but a UK address.

I also tried to call them a while back (didn't get through), but I think it should be a reasonable expectation in 2018 that a company replies to emails or FB messages.
10-12-2018, 21:16   #73
chicorytip

Their products are vastly overpriced. You can buy a top of the range Sealy single on Littlewoods for almost two hundred less than an equivalent from Easca.
Thanks from:
19-12-2018, 11:07   #74
ameliaharry654

I dont have much knowledge about ecasa, but I saw it on Nest Bedding Coupons when I was searching for a mattress. If you are interested to buy then visit there.
03-01-2019, 10:27   #75
inthedrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBean View Post
We got one of these a few months ago. I got 50 quid off on a voucher like that above, but no further discount.

They're well made and very comfortable, it takes about a week to get fully settled and about a month for the weird smell to disappear, but I'd definitely get another one.
@OldBean what would you say about your easca mattress now a year later?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion