Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ART Events sticky thread, please read before posting on forum(MOD NOTE POST 1)

Options
  • 29-04-2011 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

The ART events forum is going to change from here on in for the better.
    If you would like to start a new thread for a particular race, please do the following.

1. Use the search option to make sure a thread hasn't already been started for that race

if there is none follow steps below.

2. In the thread title should be name of race, distance and date preferably in the format dd/mm/yyyy

The rest is optional but would be appreciated

3. Course gps link if applicable from Here or elsewhere
    4. Race or club organisers website link
    5. Last years race thread if applicable
    6. Set up a poll titled Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation with 5 fields, 5 stars (excellent), 4 stars (good), 3 stars (average), 2 stars (poor), 1 star (terrible).
    Set the poll up to close 2 weeks after race date.
    The poll should be set to Public, ie. everyone's ratings should be visible
    7. Add the new race thread to the Upcoming events thread if you know how or ask a mod.

If you don't feel like doing any of the above that's fine just post your race here in this thread and a mod will create the new thread for you.

An example of a finished thread
    Cork city marathon

Also I hope nobody takes offence if they post a race thread and later find out it has been edited by moi. The only reason from now on that I'll edit anybodies post is if the race thread title is not done right, oh and if there is a breach of charter.

The idea of this is to clean the events forum up, it's very messy with multiple threads on the same race and to make it a great resource for upcoming races.
    Post edited by RacoonQueen on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

Woddle wrote: »
    6. Set up a poll titled Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Athmosphere, Value, Organisation with 5 fields, 5 stars (excellent), 4 stars (good), 3 stars (average), 2 stars (poor), 1 star (terrible).

This might be a good time to get rid of the long standing spelling mistake that is in every poll: should be "atmosphere".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Burgman wrote: »
    This might be a good time to get rid of the long standing spelling mistake that is in every poll: should be "atmosphere".

My bad, never noticed. I've always copy and pasted and obviously made the mistake at the start and a few times since.
    Could you not have told me this yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rubs

Hi Mods...

Sorry going to take lazy way out and just post details here...not too computer literate to attach gps`s layouts etc...

Thanks for any help.

Tramore Hill Challenge, Waterford
    May 29th
    Cycle timetrail up a very steep hill!!
    Charity - SOLAS Centre, Waterford
    Event website - www.tramorehillchallenge.com

First year of event so no previous threads, results, etc

Thanks again,

Hi rubs just sent you a PM regarding wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I posted a thread with sponsorship link for barretstown charity 5k fund run on 14th May http://www.mycharity.ie/event/barretstown_5k_fun_run/and it has disappeared . Do I assume been deleted ... If so would have been nice to get a pm ?

Was this the wrong forum ?

Regards

Dak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The forum charter says
    Charity recruitment or fundraising is not allowed. Noone ever asks a gaa player if he would like to play the all ireland for their charity, but we regularly have charities trying to recruit runners. If you feel you have something to add to the overall ART discussions and this included mentioning your charity, please run it by a mod first. We have no problem with listing charity races in the calendar, or posters having a discrete link to their fundraiser in their signature, but please limit talk about charity races to the racing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Woddle wrote: »

Thanks Point noted. I am running myself and just thought I could help raise a few euro in a persoanal capacity !

I've just gone and edited my first post so as not to sound like too much of a dictator.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I wanted to set up a thread to ask some questions about the Flora Women's Mini Marathon, but as I'm not organising it or anything like that I'm not sure of all the info that seems to be required to start a thread, should there be some other forum I should be posting in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

jennyq wrote: »
    I wanted to set up a thread to ask some questions about the Flora Women's Mini Marathon, but as I'm not organising it or anything like that I'm not sure of all the info that seems to be required to start a thread, should there be some other forum I should be posting in?

I just stuck up a thread, you can post your questions there. I don't know if anyone from here is doing it this year, but some people have done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Post removed "It's ok I will do it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Can we have it that each thread title includes the date the event takes place on?

Would make things a lot easier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Can we have it that each thread title includes the date the event takes place on?

Would make things a lot easier.

That is generally down to whoever starts the thread. Sure if people can dig out a date and send it to the mods we can edit the thread title to include the date.

Advertisement