Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭ Lukas Red Mortal

my3cents wrote:
    However imo the acids formed from the sulphur in smokey coal make it no better in that type of liner.

What type of liner are we talking about here. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What type of liner are we talking about here. Thanks

The original comment was about a 316 liner some more info here https://www.stovefittersmanual.co.uk/articles/what-grade-of-chimney-flue-liner-316-or-904/

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Who are people using to deliver a pallet of coal from the Coal Warehouse to Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

farmer2018 wrote: »
    Who are people using to deliver a pallet of coal from the Coal Warehouse to Galway?

We used Wardes - delivery to Claregalway was €72 per tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

I bought a ton of Arigna Ecobrite (seen on Done Deal) and had it delivered today (on the day I asked) and they carried each of the 25 bags of 40kg in and dropped them exactly where I wanted them and all for €425.

I checked with a supplier in the north for a ton of Maxibrite (similar to Ecobrite) and the price was €422 (near enough) on a pallet and I would have to store all the bags myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

lenscap wrote: »
    I bought a ton of Arigna Ecobrite (seen on Done Deal) and had it delivered today (on the day I asked) and they carried each of the 25 bags of 40kg in and dropped them exactly where I wanted them and all for €425.

I checked with a supplier in the north for a ton of Maxibrite (similar to Ecobrite) and the price was €422 (near enough) on a pallet and I would have to store all the bags myself.

Sounds like they were casing the joint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Willa Slow Waiver

Have you a link?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Sounds like they were casing the joint.

Ehhhhhhh NO.

Have you a link?

https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/20264238

I found him very easy to deal with.

https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/20264238

I found him very easy to deal with.
    wrong end of the country :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Cannot fault Kozy King on delivery, ordered on Monday morning it's sitting in my garage as we speak. No hassle of arranging third party delivery, will report of performance at a later date/time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 for €29 for these.Normally it's €29 for 2 of the same type but he gave me a mix to compare.

2 for €29 for these.Normally it's €29 for 2 of the same type but he gave me a mix to compare. Got them from Freeman's in Oylegate, Wexford.

Here's the ovoids.

What are people finding the best coal for stoves with a back boiler from the Coal Warehouse?

farmer2018 wrote: »
    What are people finding the best coal for stoves with a back boiler from the Coal Warehouse?

Not bought any from them for a couple of years but from Coal Warehouse for a stove it has to be ovoids.

my3cents wrote: »
    Not bought any from them for a couple of years but from Coal Warehouse for a stove it has to be ovoids.

Cheers, I found the black diamond good.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Monitor1985

How much ovoids do you guys put down when lighting the fire? I bought a bag to try in my open fire, Stafford I think, 40kg for €23, put a layer down, took forever to light, when it finally got going the output wasn't that great,I'm throwing blocks on it to try and get some more heat.

I could be just doing something wrong?

If I'm not, I'm glad I didn't order a ton, as I might just get the doubles again as I find them super.

How much ovoids do you guys put down when lighting the fire? I bought a bag to try in my open fire, Stafford I think, 40kg for €23, put a layer down, took forever to light, when it finally got going the output wasn't that great,I'm throwing blocks on it to try and get some more heat.

If I'm not, I'm glad I didn't order a ton, as I might just get the doubles again as I find them super.

Some people find them hard to light but rather than give you chapter and verse try this https://www.wikihow.com/Light-a-Smokeless-Fuel-Fire.

Note the point on not stirring the fire up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Got a tone of columbian singles from coaldirect. €282 delivered.
    Really pleased,great heat...one shovel puts my stove hoppin...mixing with timber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Ovoids take a while to get used to, the guide posted below is very good
    I stack a block at the back of my stove before lighting the fire and then let the ovoids glow red before adding more and tend not to add blocks until the ovoids are down to small bits, I find the logs speed up the burning of the ovoids.
    Took me a few goes to master it, my first fire with ovoids we had to open the windows it was so hot

The internet isn’t for everyone

my3cents wrote: »
    Some people find them hard to light but rather than give you chapter and verse try this https://www.wikihow.com/Light-a-Smokeless-Fuel-Fire.

Note the point on not stirring the fire up.

Seems I didn't put enough space between the ovoids when lighting for them to catch, I'm used to using minimal kindling also when lighting with the doubles as they are fool proof, I'll make an adjustment tomorrow lighting them and see how I go, cheers for the wikihow! ðŸ˜

Seems I didn't put enough space between the ovoids when lighting for them to catch, I'm used to using minimal kindling also when lighting with the doubles as they are fool proof, I'll make an adjustment tomorrow lighting them and see how I go, cheers for the wikihow! ðŸ˜

I knew it was there because I'd read it before. You aren't the only one who has problems lighting ovoids in an open fire. In a stove there is forced air flow from the bottom up so you can get away with just a couple of sticks of kindling.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Ovoids take a while to get used to, the guide posted below is very good
    I stack a block at the back of my stove before lighting the fire and then let the ovoids glow red before adding more and tend not to add blocks until the ovoids are down to small bits, I find the logs speed up the burning of the ovoids.
    Took me a few goes to master it, my first fire with ovoids we had to open the windows it was so hot

I'm not impressed with the heat at all, they are lasting forever tho, just need to find my own balance I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Got a tone of columbian singles from coaldirect. €282 delivered.
    Really pleased,great heat...one shovel puts my stove hoppin...mixing with timber

showing up as 393.00 on the site and thats for open fires.
    http://coaldirectireland.com/product/colombian-doubles/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I'm not impressed with the heat at all, they are lasting forever tho, just need to find my own balance I suppose!

Where there’s no flame from them as such it can be very deceiving
    My stove is costing less than a tenner a week I’m using using ovoids and relord briquettes blocks. 40kg bag of ovoids would last me 3 weeks.
    An open fire is a different story though, worth trying anyway.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

bassy wrote: »
    showing up as 393.00 on the site and thats for open fires.
    http://coaldirectireland.com/product/colombian-doubles/

Coaldirect .net is the site
    259 sterling delivered.......gone up a little since I ordered in October but still good value

Just ordered a ton of easyglow for stoves for €8.46 per 20 kg bag delivered.

Gone from a natural gas zone to getting oil and coalðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Need to order something this week for an open fire, went with ovoids last year but with recent price increases im hoping to save a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Ordered a ton of premium kosy glo from kosy king €402 delivered to limerick.
    Using coal warehouse ovoids up to now so interested to see if there is any difference

Advertisement