Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WTD: 165mm cranks

• 14-11-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm on the lookout for 165mm cranks. I want to give them a try on my TT bike.

BB30 on my bike. I have used Shimano, FSA & Rotor cranks on it. Cheers.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

pgibbo wrote: »
    Hi all,

There was a 165 shamans 105 crank going cheap on eBay UK the other day as well as the helmet you were looking for a while ago

peter kern wrote: »
    pgibbo wrote: »
    Hi all,

There was a 165 shamans 105 crank going cheap on eBay UK the other day as well as the helmet you were looking for a while ago
    And if you don't like it i buy it off you as I always can use them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Thank you Peter. I'll take a look.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What is the theory with shorter cranks? I have always used 172.5... mainly because that is what came on my first bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    What is the theory with shorter cranks? I have always used 172.5... mainly because that is what came on my first bike.

Can generate more power in an aero position because of the impact on hip angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

tunney wrote: »
    Can generate more power in an aero position because of the impact on hip angle

Jesus, I'd love to be as smart as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

zico10 wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd love to be as smart as you.

Colm asked a question. I did my best to answer, if I got it wrong I apologise. However I don't see how my post warrants your response.

tunney wrote: »
    Colm asked a question. I did my best to answer, if I got it wrong I apologise. However I don't see how my post warrants your response.

I surprised you are so thin skinned lol. ( but you are right you did not warrant that response)

I think what would make a bit more accurate ( though what you say is correct)
    Is to say shorter cranks for most people do not lose power and therefore for some
    people it allows a more aerodynamic position while still be able to have the proper hipp ankle.
    Besides power they can also help to avoid hipp flexor issues.

Advertisement