Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Doge wrote: »
    Did anyone reserve a WD Passport 2TB / 4TB that was waiting delivery to their Argos store?

It said mine would be delivered between Thursday and today but never got a text or email.

I did (4TB) and when I went to collect the reservation number didn't show up on the system. Either an error or a staff member decided they wanted it themselves.
    *shrug*
    Manager said he'd do me the 4TB Seagate equivalent for 100, haven't decided to collect or not yet.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8208550.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Doge wrote: »
    Did anyone reserve a WD Passport 2TB / 4TB that was waiting delivery to their Argos store?

It said mine would be delivered between Thursday and today but never got a text or email.

Same for me, I can't recall though the exact date range it gave when I booked it, it was Thursday until not sure when, perhaps a chance over the weekend?

It's not available to reserve now anywhere either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

I did (4TB) and when I went to collect the reservation number didn't show up on the system. Either an error or a staff member decided they wanted it themselves.
    *shrug*
    Manager said he'd do me the 4TB Seagate equivalent for 100, haven't decided to collect or not yet.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8208550.htm

I wouldn’t, SeaGate don’t fare the best in reliability tests. I usually always go WD.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Reserved the 2TB one and didn't get a text or email when it was in but went in this morning since it is within the given time and got it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Inviere wrote: »
    I wouldn’t, SeaGate don’t fare the best in reliability tests. I usually always go WD.

Plus I can get cheaper elsewhere. Agreed though, WD everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

I reserved a 4Tb one , got a text message and collected it on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

rejkin wrote: »
    Reserved the 2TB one and didn't get a text or email when it was in but went in this morning since it is within the given time and got it ok.

Was it showing in stock on the website that day do You know?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just a heads up on the 4TB MyPassport drives, this morning Amazon were selling them for £65.99 which is cheaper than Argos had them, not in stock now, no idea if they will be again, I spotted it on HUKD...
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wd-wdbyft0040bbk-wesn-my-passport-4-tb-portable-hard-6599-amazon-3097689

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Follow link to John Lewis site (£66) from HUKD link above - no delivery to Ireland but ParcelMotel or such should work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Follow link to John Lewis site (£66) from HUKD link above - no delivery to Ireland but ParcelMotel or such should work.

no stock there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's been out of stock everywhere since early yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Anyone any ideas when the toys 3 for 2 is back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Anyone any ideas when the toys 3 for 2 is back on?

This Friday in Uk same here possibly?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/argos-launches-3-2-toy-15381820

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Argos had it up on Facebook today. Friday until Tuesday. ROI as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Does anyone know if I reserve 3 toys today for collection tomorroe do I pay for only 2 tomorrow or is it on today's price I.e. price at reservation

fitzcoff wrote:
    Does anyone know if I reserve 3 toys today for collection tomorroe do I pay for only 2 tomorrow or is it on today's price I.e. price at reservation

You'll pay today prices. It stops people abusing the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

RossieMan wrote: »

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Not sure that's correct. Normally, if you reserve by phone, the pre-recorded messgage says "the price you pay is the price in store on the day (of collection)" or words to that effect.

The 3 for 2 is selected items only and not everything. We've reserved three of the same item as a group buy but if they aren't honouring the 3 for 2 on it they won't be bought

3 for 2 on toys is starting today for anyone that hasn't heard or found out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

And they've done the usual of jacking up the prices on the 3 for 2 toys.

Eg: http://checkargos.com/product/8032850

(was 52.49 yesterday, today 84.99)

(It's still 52.49 in Smyths https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/jurassic-world/jurassic-world-imaginext-walking-indoraptor/p/164843)

So double check the prices - it may be cheaper to buy 3 items at full price elsewhere. (3 x 52.49 = 157.47, 2 * 84.99 = 169.98)

Of course, there are some where it is cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) in the 3 for 2, but it's best to double check.

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    And they've done the usual of jacking up the prices on the 3 for 2 toys.

Eg: http://checkargos.com/product/8032850

(was 52.49 yesterday, today 84.99)

(It's still 52.49 in Smyths https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/jurassic-world/jurassic-world-imaginext-walking-indoraptor/p/164843)

So double check the prices - it may be cheaper to buy 3 items at full price elsewhere. (3 x 52.49 = 157.47, 2 * 84.99 = 169.98)

Of course, there are some where it is cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) in the 3 for 2, but it's best to double check.

Guess we got lucky. Were after the €16.99 karaoke microphone they didn't honour a few weeks back. Price was down to €40odd. Doing a group buy of 3, and coming in a c.€90 instead of €120+

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fiona94

Littlewoods.ie have 20% off all home and furniture when you spend €150....!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I’ve seen some prices go up on Amazon over the last month and then drop this week.

Can’t seem to find any bargains anywhere today.

Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

I’ve seen some prices go up on Amazon over the last month and then drop this week.

Can’t seem to find any bargains anywhere today.

Is it just me?

Maybe wait til
    the actual black friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Hi, is checkargos down or just getting hammered today because of Black Friday sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

Black Friday is next week

wally79 wrote:

No ****, Sherlock.

Most companies have week long sales. Now back you go to your troll corner with your stupid comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

No ****, Sherlock.

Most companies have week long sales. Now back you go to your troll corner with your stupid comments.

Slight Over reaction there. Some people may be confused by some of the advertising. No need for the personal abuse

Reported

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

wally79 wrote: »

Every damn year I forget that the first friday isn't the real Black Friday! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fiona94 wrote: »
    Littlewoods.ie have 20% off all home and furniture when you spend €150....!

Is there a code for this?

Can't see it and doesn't seem to be applying at checkout

Edit: Had a guess - it's HOME

Advertisement