Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

1828384858688»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Bought two of these 9 months ago to upgrade existing phones. One has been great and the other a total disaster.

Great camera bad 4g connectivity

My phone just all of sudden have no SIM error. At same time fast charging stopped and I could not transfer from phone to computer.

Put phone to on side as I was not sure who to contact about it. It was taking a day to charge about 30% and now is not charging.

I backed up phone and done factory reset with no change.

I will not be going Google again in future. It has been my least reliable phone ever.

Does anyone have link to contact Google about it or should I go to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

jodaw wrote: »
    Bought two of these 9 months ago to upgrade existing phones. One has been great and the other a total disaster.

Great camera bad 4g connectivity

My phone just all of sudden have no SIM error. At same time fast charging stopped and I could not transfer from phone to computer.

Put phone to on side as I was not sure who to contact about it. It was taking a day to charge about 30% and now is not charging.

I backed up phone and done factory reset with no change.

I will not be going Google again in future. It has been my least reliable phone ever.

Does anyone have link to contact Google about it or should I go to Vodafone?

I have sent phones back to Google many times and they have been great about replacing them with brand new devices! That is the route I would go.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

madmoe wrote: »
    I have sent phones back to Google many times and they have been great about replacing them with brand new devices! That is the route I would go.

Cheers,
    M

Thanks. So would best course of action be to bypass Vodafone and go straight to Google.

What is best way to contact them for support for Irish devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

jodaw wrote: »
    Thanks. So would best course of action be to bypass Vodafone and go straight to Google.

What is best way to contact them for support for Irish devices?

Try this

https://store.google.com/ie/repaircenter

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

anyone have a link handy to where i can get a simm to do the switch-a-too on vodafone... eir either dont do it or hide it so well i cant find a sim only for free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

anyone have a link handy to where i can get a simm to do the switch-a-too on vodafone... eir either dont do it or hide it so well i cant find a sim only for free
    It looks like they've done away with the free SIM offer. Probably found too many were being used for the likes of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭tphase

you'll have to fork out €10 for it

Are they available on the Vodafone site now? Looked for it but couldn't find it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭tphase

madmoe wrote: »
    Are they available on the Vodafone site now? Looked for it but couldn't find it :-(
    freeebies from Vodafone? are you mad?:D

tphase wrote: »
    freeebies from Vodafone? are you mad?:D

Not a freebie, just the original offer - Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)!???

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Are these locked to vodafone? Best way to unlock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nolars wrote: »
    Are these locked to vodafone? Best way to unlock ?

They come unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Google pixel 4a 5G now €100 off in google store.. €391

https://store.google.com/ie/config/pixel_4a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

emclau wrote:
    Google pixel 4a 5G now €100 off in google store.. €391

Where do these come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Nolars wrote: »
    Where do these come from?

Netherlands last time I ordered.

I have ordered pixel 4a through vodafone website but didn't received a confirmation email. money showing as pending. when checked with vodafone chat agent he cancelled the order saying it didn't went through properly. money from account is still showing as pending. looks like few people encountered the same problem. anyone knows how long it takes to get the refund with vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

Generally takes about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Cheers! wrote: »
    Generally takes about a week

Mine took about 3 months. But if it's only pending, then it will probably be quicker. Mine was through Revolut and the money went to them instantly.

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Mine took about 3 months. But if it's only pending, then it will probably be quicker. Mine was through Revolut and the money went to them instantly.

It is still showing as pending since day 1. Vodafone never bothered to fix the IT glitch affecting their online orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    It is still showing as pending since day 1. Vodafone never bothered to fix the IT glitch affecting their online orders.

I had 2 failed attempts. One with Revolut that 3 months to get a refund. The other was with a regular debit card, that showed as pending where I got the money back quickly enough.
    I ended up just walking into a Vodafone shop and getting one. That still took the guts of an hour to set up, before they'd give it to me. I'll look elsewhere for bargains in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is this still functional? My order number is not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

To hijack this thread, anybody in the know thinks Vodafone will continue the money off pixel program? Got the 4a for €100 less than Google. Then I rushed (broke my 4a) into buying the 6a from Google only for Vodafone to drop the price to €100 less than what I paid a short while after. Looking to get a 7a now and wondering should I hold out?

Advertisement