Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elasticated jean material - non-baggy jeans?

Options
  • 08-07-2020 12:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I didn't even know these existed until I randomly picked up a pair in tk-maxx.

Typically not really a fan of that heavy jean material but these are a game changer.

Question being, where does one go about finding a good outlet for them?

I said, "non-baggy" as conventional jeans are baggy, they suck - they're out.

These are more skin gripping but cause elasticated, don't inhibit mobility/movement etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Jeggings? I assumed you were male. Were you in the women’s section?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Jeggings? I assumed you were male. Were you in the women’s section?

Jeggings?

I'm talking denim here, stretch in nature, but not leggings.

Whatever they are they're awesome.

You assume correctly, and nuh - these are 36 inch waist, man-ass jeans.

All these dudes are wearing them.

As I said, jeggings. Jean leggings.

Is this for real what they're known as??

Can anyone else back this up?

I was under the impression they're just elasticated denim?

I take no pleasure in posting this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeggings

(And no, I didn’t just create or edit the Wikipedia page.)
    With respect to material, Jeggings fall into two main categories:

1. Jeggings that are legging material, i.e. a knit, made to look like denim with fake pockets and belt loops

2. Jeggings that are a true cross between denim and legging material. "Denim jeggings" are essentially a denim fabric with the elasticity of a legging, due to a higher proportion of Spandex in the fiber content.

Note denim and elasticity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

I would see jeggings as being pull on 'jeans' effect leggings, as in, they wouldn't be zippered, or have front pockets usually.

I think what you're looking for OP are skinny jeans with elastane/lycra, for men.
    Very easily purchased as they've been popular for ages now, decent ones are not always easy to find though, as with any jeans.
    Gotta try a few out, and I personally recommend buying a few of that brand/style if you find a good'un

lucalux wrote: »
    I would see jeggings as being pull on 'jeans' effect leggings, as in, they wouldn't be zippered, or have front pockets usually.

I think what you're looking for OP are skinny jeans with elastane/lycra, for men.
    Very easily purchased as they've been popular for ages now, decent ones are not always easy to find though, as with any jeans.
    Gotta try a few out, and I personally recommend buying a few of that brand/style if you find a good'un

Yasss!

And you are correct. I went into a few stores and despite the general concept being what I'm looking for (skinny jeans with lycra content), getting an actual decent pair seems tricky.

I picked up this cool pair in TKMaxx but obviously they get random stock.

Places I tried were Next and River Island.

Maybe it will just take some shopping around but, at least I know the clothing article denomination now cause, conventional jeans are a damn pain to wear whilst stretch denim is like wearing tracksuit bottoms.

If anyone finds a good outlet with good stretch denim or..... "jeggings" for men in stock, be sure and share the information.

Yasss!

And you are correct. I went into a few stores and despite the general concept being what I'm looking for (skinny jeans with lycra content), getting an actual decent pair seems tricky.

I picked up this cool pair in TKMaxx but obviously they get random stock.

Places I tried were Next and River Island.

Maybe it will just take some shopping around but, at least I know the clothing article denomination now cause, conventional jeans are a damn pain to wear whilst stretch denim is like wearing tracksuit bottoms.

If anyone finds a good outlet with good stretch denim or..... "jeggings" for men in stock, be sure and share the information.

Also one thing you could do, is check out the brand of the ones you've gotten from TK Maxx and see if you can find those or similar online. Then at least if those specific jeans aren't available, you could figure out what rise/cut/fabric mix they have and it might help you narrow down the search in other brands

They're fairly comfy alright, and easy to throw on with anything, I agree

G-star.

"Dutch", but label says they're manufactured in India

Checked out their website - bunch of different brands and unsure of what's what, skinny, slim etc.

Probably just have to check out some pairs in store.

G-star.

"Dutch", but label says they're manufactured in India

Checked out their website - bunch of different brands and unsure of what's what, skinny, slim etc.

Probably just have to check out some pairs in store.

Any other info on the labels of the jeans themselves? Usually there's a waistband stitched-on label, inside on the waist, or on the back over back pockets, and also a care label, which will give you the materials used. E.g. 95% Cotton 5% Elastane
    They should have a style name or number on one of those, defining which product it is, or if you have the receipt still, it might have some of the info

Other than that, yep, it's a treasure hunt, but that's jeans for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

https://www.g-star.com/en_ie/shop/men/jeans

G star do their own stuff so it's not bunch of different brands. They are around for quite a while. I would try skinny or slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Maybe try somewhere like Topman - there seems to be a selection there:

https://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/category/clothing-140502/mens-jeans-140508/skinny/N-d9yZ22siZ7yd

Advertisement