Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying from next.co.uk

Options
  • 20-10-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a dress from next.co.uk. This dress is not on the Irish next website. The plan was to get it posted to the republic via parcel motel but they will not accept my Irish billing address. Does anyone know anyway around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

You could drop into the nearest store and get them to order it in for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Thanks! I never thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Have been having awful trouble trying to order something from the next UK site but was told by a manager to put a UK or Northern Ireland (in my case Newry would be closest) stores' address and you can then pick it up from that store :) unfortunately with the delay in telling me this the thing I wanted sold out but hopefully you have better luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NetChat101

I've tried numerous ways around trying to register on the next.co.uk website with no luck whatsoever. I'm using the ParcelMotel details for the UK phone number and address but it's not being accepted. Parcel Motel have told me that they take delivery of hundreds of next.co.uk parcels each week so there must be some way that people are able to register - anyone been successful with Parcel Motel details? PLEASE let me know - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

They definitely make a mark up on the Irish site so it stands to reason that they want to keep Irish customers from being able to pay the £ price.

For example, I recently bought a dress in next that I thought was good value at €67. I later saw it advertised in a UK magazine for £40. Thats some exchange rate they're using.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

NetChat101 wrote: »
    I've tried numerous ways around trying to register on the next.co.uk website with no luck whatsoever. I'm using the ParcelMotel details for the UK phone number and address but it's not being accepted. Parcel Motel have told me that they take delivery of hundreds of next.co.uk parcels each week so there must be some way that people are able to register - anyone been successful with Parcel Motel details? PLEASE let me know - thanks!

Yeh I was successful. So from what I remember the billing address needs to be the same as your shipping address.

What error are you getting?

Hi. I'm only getting as far as inputting the billing address and it tells me that registration has been unsuccessful. Maybe they have eventually flagged the Parcel Motel details and if they are used the registration won't proceed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Perhaps if you pay using PayPal it will work as far as I know they are unaware of country/region then and do not need a billing address. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice - I've finally found out why I'm not having any success. I chanced phoning Next Uk and explaining that I can't get past the address input section and I was told by the operator that they cannot process my order as the address I've given (Parcel Motel, Newtownabbey) has the maximum number of accounts registered to it!! The advice to use Paypal to pay is great as then you can bypass the problem of not having your credit card registered to a UK address - if I can find a way around the other problem I'll definitely choose to pay with Paypal, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Your welcome, It was on here I originally got that advice. Glad it worked for you too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

any updates on the next/ parcel motel situation? I noticed Next have put up their prices in general the last year for the irish customers, not to mind the sterling euro difference now

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭earlytobed

jadie wrote: »
    any updates on the next/ parcel motel situation? I noticed Next have put up their prices in general the last year for the irish customers, not to mind the sterling euro difference now

see post#10#

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stasha

Hi,
    I don't know if they have changed next.co.uk since the last posts, but now I can't get passed the initial registration, i.e. it doesn't allow me to add my Parcel Motel ID next to my name, and it also doesn't recognize BT36 4PE as 1A McKinney Road (it only offers 1M McKinney Road).

Has anyone had experienced with this problem before?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

What I have done before is drop my name and put the PMID in the name space. Then the full address as per the parcel motel address. I figured that my name wasn't that important. Most important as the PMID.

Birdsong wrote: »
    What I have done before is drop my name and put the PMID in the name space. Then the full address as per the parcel motel address. I figured that my name wasn't that important. Most important as the PMID.

Thanks - tried this, too but unfortunately it does not accept non-text for a name ("please supply a valid name" error message)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murt101

Did anyone ever get a solution to this problem please?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

murt101 wrote: »

Parcel motel and wizard don’t work for me but address pal does. Make sure to get the £20 off £50 for new account. I’ve set up a load using different emails - both the refferer and recipient of the referral get £20 off.

http://help.next.co.uk/Section.aspx?ItemId=10219

murt101 wrote: »

Next now has availability to purchase online in Ireland through next.ie (this includes sales items), so there might not be need to order from next.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

stasha wrote: »
    Next now has availability to purchase online in Ireland through next.ie (this includes sales items), so there might not be need to order from next.co.uk

Its a lot cheaper to buy in sterling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Sorry to bump an old thread but this might help someone. Had no joy setting up a next account using address pal, parcel wizard or motel. However any address pal user will have gotten an email to say your uk virtual address is changing. Seems next haven't twigged this yet and it let me register to this account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Sorry to bump an old thread but this might help someone. Had no joy setting up a next account using address pal, parcel wizard or motel. However any address pal user will have gotten an email to say your uk virtual address is changing. Seems next haven't twigged this yet and it let me register to this account

Seemed to work for me. Have you tried ordering ?

Seems the EU is hoping to block country redirects Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Havent ordered yet because some stuff I have my eye on is saying 2-3 weeks to come in stock so I would get a few separate AP charges which would offset the saving. Going to check in the next 2 weeks to see are they all in but I think it will be OK for ordering. I couldn't get past then registering an account using the old address pal address or the other usual ones.

Oh no I was wondering would they all stop after brexit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Hi,

Has anyone a solution to this problem lately?
    Ive tried address pal, dpd wizzard etc but wont let me set up the account.

Any help?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

redmarie wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone a solution to this problem lately?
    Ive tried address pal, dpd wizzard etc but wont let me set up the account.

Any help?
    Thanks

Yup, I setup an account last month to grab some clothes in their clearance sale which weren't available on the Irish store. I entered in my Parcel Motel address like this:

alkSgG4.png

I put my Parcel Motel ID in the 'House No. or Name' section.

How did u get around the billing address? When i put in the Postcode i pick the address from a drop down menu but then it says account cant be created and contact the credit team

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Yup, I setup an account last month to grab some clothes in their clearance sale which weren't available on the Irish store. I entered in my Parcel Motel address like this:

alkSgG4.png

I put my Parcel Motel ID in the 'House No. or Name' section.

How much does it cost with Parcel Motel?

How did u get around the billing address? When i put in the Postcode i pick the address from a drop down menu but then it says account cant be created and contact the credit team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

How much does it cost with Parcel Motel?

€3.95 per package. Next, in my experience, often send things from the same order separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

jellybear wrote: »
    €3.95 per package. Next, in my experience, often send things from the same order separately.

Yup. From my experience, if the items come on a hanger they will only put two items in each package. I haven't had any issues with shirts and t-shirts though.

Still, even with the additional Parcel Motel charges I managed to get some really good deals in the last sale from the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

luppy wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a dress from next.co.uk. This dress is not on the Irish next website. The plan was to get it posted to the republic via parcel motel but they will not accept my Irish billing address. Does anyone know anyway around this?

Use paypal to pay, and just put down parcel motel as your billing address, I do it all the time with english companies who won't ship here. For an english mobile, just tack an extra digit on to your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

I'm having the same problem, it won't let me signup with parcel motel as my billing address at all. Items I want aren't available on next.ie and I just want to order online - why do they have to make it so hard :mad::mad:

Anyone recently find a resolution to this issue?

Advertisement