Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have price estimates?

• 03-08-2001 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Of what you would be expected to pay per house/apartment/sharing/single, etc?

In and around the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

An 'ordinary' 3-bed house cost in the order of £1,000 / month.

House / flat shares about £250 - £350/month per single room.

One bed apartment / bedsit £300 - £700.

Two bed apartment £700 - £900.

Twin / double room 30-70% more than a single room (per room)

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You coming back to us Hobbes? ah gwan gwan smile.gif

Al.

(I do hope this is considered on-topic by the fascist mods in here (oh, soz Ciaran, not you, just the other mod(s))).

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 05-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah Hobbes come back come back come back smile.gif
    WAN WAN WAN biggrin.gif

Trojan I am The Fascist around here luv biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

My one-bed apt is £800 in D6 and from what I've seen and heard that's about average (maybe £750) for what we were looking for but then maybe I'm fussy, seriously though I saw some crappy (and tiny) flats going for £650 and some dingy bedsits for £400-£450

Friend of mine is in a 3 bed apt in Smithfield, total rent £1100 but lease is up and rent is going up to £1400 (this is obviously excessive increase, the landlord had apparently gotten advice from someone else on what it was worth)

Saying that another buddy who's recently moved is paying £260 for a room in a house (in D6 as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    you havent looked for a 1 bedroomed flat recently have you. try 550+ 300!
    why would anyone rent a kippy bedroom with 3 or 4 other wierdos when you can rent your own place for 300 quid a month....
    </font>

Kindly read what I said - some of the bedsits out there can be got for £300/month - but they are not great. For other peoples opinions read ...

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum32/HTML/000009.html

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    you havent looked for a 1 bedroomed flat recently have you.
    try 550+
    300!
    why would anyone rent a kippy bedroom with 3 or 4 other wierdos when you can rent your own place for 300 quid a month....
    damn moderators.....
    there should be a test to become one.
    theyll let any old moaner do it these days.
    </font>

Wwman could u do me a fav and please stop coming to this board looking for a falme war ! I may have picked u up wrong but it is the way it looks !

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

I think the Moderator bit was taking the **** out of himself, he just forgot the smilies

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Last yeat I lived in a tiny bedsit in Mountjoy square Dublin 1 for £240 per month. The bathroom was 1 metre square and was outside.

Now I'm living in a great wee self contained apartment in Dublin 4 off Baggot street for £420 per month. Separate bathroom (inside) and kitchen. It's not huge but it's not micro. You can find anything in Dublin you just need a lot of time to find the best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:

One bed apartment / bedsit £300 - £700.

</font>

you havent looked for a 1 bedroomed flat recently have you.
    try 550+
    300!
    damn moderators.....
    there should be a test to become one.
    theyll let any old moaner do it these days.

Advertisement