Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach

• 12-04-2016 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me are they a good company to work for?

Have an interview with them later this week.

Regards
    KC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I currently work with a few drivers that have left there.

General census from all is to stay away.

Low pay, long days. And other things which im not allowed to say on public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I currently work with a few drivers that have left there.

General census from all is to stay away.

Low pay, long days. And other things which im not allowed to say on public forum.

Thanks for your reply. Will talk to you in PM if that's ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

If you decide to go for it KC161, I wish you the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭LastStop

KC161 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me are they a good company to work for?

Have an interview with them later this week.

Regards
    KC

Any of the guys I know that worked there were delighted to be gone. Decent hard working lads.

But it's experience and if you need a job it's a job. Could be used as a stepping stone. Nothing to stop you from getting a job with them and applying for DB and BE etc.

Thanks for the replies guys. It's not for want of experience. Have that already. I'm Cork based so DB is out of the question due to family reasons. BE is definately something i am looking at but that's for another day.

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    If you decide to go for it KC161, I wish you the best of luck.

I'm fairly turned off it now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they have buses going from limerick to dub on the half hour, seem to be getting more established with a lot more bus stops

can't be worse than any other coach company??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Vic_08

fryup wrote: »
    they have buses going from limerick to dub on the half hour, seem to be getting more established with a lot more bus stops

What does the frequency of the service have to do with their attractiveness for a prospective employee?

Of course they can be worse than other companies. There is no shortage of utter arsehole employers in the road transport industry.

Note; I am not offering an opinion on Dublin Coach as I have no specific knowledge either way but I have no reason to doubt the comments made above.

Dublin Coach is owned by John O'Sullivan,i'm open to correction on the surname.

He was the founder of Aircoach before being bought out. So in effect he is a rival to the company he once owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Dublin Coach is owned by John O'Sullivan,i'm open to correction on the surname.

He was the founder of Aircoach before being bought out. So in effect he is a rival to the company he once owned.

He was a Bus Eireann Manager before that.

• Advertisement

Vic_08 wrote: »
    He was a Bus Eireann Manager before that.

Spot on. Got out while the going was good.

What does the frequency of the service have to do with their attractiveness for a prospective employee?

just saying..they seem to be very busy, plenty of work/overtime for a potential employee

btw - do they train drivers..or do you that off your own bat?

just saying..they seem to be very busy, plenty of work/overtime for a potential employee

btw - do they train drivers..or do you that off your own bat?
    Apparently the fleet isn't great and breakdowns fairly common hence i never took up their offer. They don't appear to be able to fill a coach on the Cork to Dublin via Waterford service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Apparently the fleet isn't great and breakdowns fairly common hence i never took up their offer. They don't appear to be able to fill a coach on the Cork to Dublin via Waterford service.
    That route is really two services not a single Cork to Dublin(via Waterford) bus.

Why would anyone get that bus from Cork to Dublin when they have the choice of a faster train and faster and cheaper aircoach service that runs through the night?

It is still not great loadings on the Dublin to Waterford part but they have been taking passengers from both Bus Eireann and JJ Kavanagh's. I don't know what loadings are like Waterford to Cork.

:confused: really, coaches look fairly new

how about training, do they offer any? or do you have to have a licence beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

how about training, do they offer any? or do you have to have a licence beforehand?

Lots are ex aircoach and loads of absolute rubbish makes they brought in.

He does have a good few mercs also

As punisher said,it's the ex Aircoach stuff that is rubbish. I know they also have an ex stagecoach skyliner,while it looks tired i wouldn't mind a spin . You have to have the licence before going to them. Only DB & BE are known to train drivers. Saying that a Cork company did it for a handful of drivers a few years back. They started out cleaning/washing the buses.

Got another call yesterday from DC. Meeting them tomorrow, anyone able to offer opinions on how they are as accompany since I last posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Got another call yesterday from DC. Meeting them tomorrow, anyone able to offer opinions on how they are as accompany since I last posted?

How did you get on?

How did you get on?

Postponed until this Friday. Still none the wiser as to whether they are the same as previously quoted or if they have improved.

• Advertisement

How did you get on?

Had the interview, hopefully I get it bit i'm not optimistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement