Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Dub13 wrote: »
    Don't think its insurance, its my understanding that CIE are self insured as they are a state company.

Yes that is right they are self insured.

CIE might be the best chance for a 21 year old bus driver to get work, but still up against competition from more experienced drivers. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Yes that is right they are self insured.

CIE might be the best chance for a 21 year old bus driver to get work, but still up against competition from more experienced drivers. Worth a try.

On that front. Im 22 with no bus driving experience but they are accepting my application to bring me in for testing

There is hope lads !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

On that front. Im 22 with no bus driving experience but they are accepting my application to bring me in for testing

There is hope lads !

And here I am at 29!!!just got work with a private company and still have to be patient,is youth the new experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭frankyboy1986

There is hope lads !

im in my 20's with no experience and got the job earlier this year so there definitely is hope if you do well in your tests ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hill16dublin

Hi careful_now

Any chance u know about the written assessment I have a exam this coming Saturday and just what to know is it hard or easy any help on this be great

Cheers
    Gary

• Advertisement

Hi careful_now

Any chance u know about the written assessment I have a exam this coming Saturday and just what to know is it hard or easy any help on this be great

Cheers
    Gary

Hey !

Looks like we'll be there together !

im in my 20's with no experience and got the job earlier this year so there definitely is hope if you do well in your tests ;-)

I second that I also got my break this year

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Hi careful_now

Cheers
    Gary

Hi.

Congrats on getting the date for the aptitude test.

When I did mine 8 years ago there were 3 parts to the written assessment.

It might have changed slightly but not a whole lot

1) An aptitude test asking what shape or pattern comes next in the sequence.

2) a few fare calculations. Simple easy maths.

3) This will be writing an accident report of an accident you were in or witnessed. Keep it short and too the point giving all the information you can. They're not looking for an essay.

Best of luck.

Careful now!

I wonder how quick the recruitment process is ?

From finishing the assessment to the driving test to doctor visit and then interview ?

How long would it all take and how to juggle a weekday job between it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I was working full time during the process (which took 4 months). They usually give a weeks notice at least for assessments.

Applied Early Dec 2013.
    Written Assessments Late Jan 2014
    Driving Assessment & Interview Mid Feb 2014
    Medical Late Feb 2014
    Training Early March 2014

• Advertisement

macroman wrote: »
    I was working full time during the process (which took 4 months). They usually give a weeks notice at least for assessments.

Applied Early Dec 2013.
    Written Assessments Late Jan 2014
    Driving Assessment & Interview Mid Feb 2014
    Medical Late Feb 2014
    Training Early March 2014

Thank you for that.

So from this week I'm looking at about 1 month and 2 weeks ? If it's all good that is.

Just out from the written assessment there now.

Saw the list on the way in. About 150 applicants today.

My observation. Most of them in the game a long time. Some just not bothered about it at all.

But will see how it goes !

Just out from the written assessment there now.

Saw the list on the way in. About 150 applicants today.

My observation. Most of them in the game a long time. Some just not bothered about it at all.

But will see how it goes !
    the ones who are in the game the longest are not always the best!just remember there will be a shortage of drivers in the years ahead(or so they say:rolleyes:) its the likes of you and I that are the future of these companies (hopefully) but 1 thing for you POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE :D

How do you personally feel it went today????

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    the ones who are in the game the longest are not always the best!just remember there will be a shortage of drivers in the years ahead(or so they say:rolleyes:) its the likes of you and I that are the future of these companies (hopefully) but 1 thing for you POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE :D

How do you personally feel it went today????

In regards to my own exam. I thought it was very easy

The aptitude test was 200 questions though. So thats the one i worry about if people are failing on that since there is no real answer.

THe maths and incident report are simple. Basic primary school maths.

Garda vetting straight forward.

We were all given a paper of information regarding what will happen next. A letter in the post for rejection or step 2

Step 2 is a driving exam for 1 hour and an interview at the same time. Also 2 references one of which is a current or most recent employer

Step 3 is a medical

After that its all in their hands weather to hire or not. It said on the page after all these steps are completed iy is still up to the company weather to hire or not. Ut either way we will hear from them over the next two weeks.

So heres hoping.

In regards to my own exam. I thought it was very easy

The aptitude test was 200 questions though. So thats the one i worry about if people are failing on that since there is no real answer.

THe maths and incident report are simple. Basic primary school maths.

Garda vetting straight forward.

We were all given a paper of information regarding what will happen next. A letter in the post for rejection or step 2

Step 2 is a driving exam for 1 hour and an interview at the same time. Also 2 references one of which is a current or most recent employer

Step 3 is a medical

After that its all in their hands weather to hire or not. It said on the page after all these steps are completed iy is still up to the company weather to hire or not. Ut either way we will hear from them over the next two weeks.

So heres hoping.
    200 questions is a lot I agree!if you think ok then please god it goes well,if you get the driving exam then I can only imagine once you don't fcuk up that then you are all but in surely???so you will know by the close of business on September 26th???

200 questions is a lot I agree!if you think ok then please god it goes well,if you get the driving exam then I can only imagine once you don't fcuk up that then you are all but in surely???so you will know by the close of business on September 26th???

One part has me worried. Penalty points

One of the things said any endorsements or penalty points must be declared - but they will not automatically disqualify you from the process.

Having 6 isint great. All due to be gone at the end of this year or beginning middle next year. I dont remember the dates of them being applied.

Will find out though

In saying that i can see why dublin bus are still looking for drivers with the amount of applicants they get.

Some.look like they need to retire next week, some can bearly speak english. Some cannot follow simple instructions and some came dressed in their best tracksuits and nike runners. It really was like doing a junior certificate with the way some behaved

I mustve being the only person wearing a tie.

But anyway we'll go on with it and see what happens !

They said we'll find out if we move to the next step or not in the next 2 weeks.

One part has me worried. Penalty points

One of the things said any endorsements or penalty points must be declared - but they will not automatically disqualify you from the process.

Having 6 isint great. All due to be gone at the end of this year or beginning middle next year. I dont remember the dates of them being applied.

Will find out though

In saying that i can see why dublin bus are still looking for drivers with the amount of applicants they get.

Some.look like they need to retire next week, some can bearly speak english. Some cannot follow simple instructions and some came dressed in their best tracksuits and nike runners. It really was like doing a junior certificate with the way some behaved

I mustve being the only person wearing a tie.

But anyway we'll go on with it and see what happens !

They said we'll find out if we move to the next step or not in the next 2 weeks.
    That is something which could hinder you at present,i know that 2 is something they generally tend to overlook but 6 may be a bit much for them,in saying that of the 150 of you there this morning I have no doubt that some of them even have convictions,so if they are entertained then you have no worries :D once the points are removed though ensure that's the last set of points you'll ever have!i only ever got points once,and that was when I was 20,NEVER AGAIN I SAID,and I have kept to it nearly 10 years on:cool:

That is something which could hinder you at present,i know that 2 is something they generally tend to overlook but 6 may be a bit much for them,in saying that of the 150 of you there this morning I have no doubt that some of them even have convictions,so if they are entertained then you have no worries :D once the points are removed though ensure that's the last set of points you'll ever have!i only ever got points once,and that was when I was 20,NEVER AGAIN I SAID,and I have kept to it nearly 10 years on:cool:

I'm sure a lot of them have points. A few did actually have court convictions Alright

I'm sure a lot of them have points. A few did actually have court convictions Alright
    point proven,any idea what the nature of the convictions were????would your points be off your licence by the time of any potential start?

point proven,any idea what the nature of the convictions were????would your points be off your licence by the time of any potential start?

My points will be down to 4 in jjn then 2 in aprilish and 0 by july.

They kept their convictions quiet so i dont know.

Im going to keep going with it and disclose all the info and hope that it is ok.

If they reject then i have 2 private companies to run to !

• Advertisement

My points will be down to 4 in jjn then 2 in aprilish and 0 by july.

They kept their convictions quiet so i dont know.

Im going to keep going with it and disclose all the info and hope that it is ok.

If they reject then i have 2 private companies to run to !
    Honesty is best,that will all go in your favour,even if they don't declare the convictions,the garda vetting will so its a no win situation for them,have the private companies given a guarantee so yeah???

Honesty is best,that will all go in your favour,even if they don't declare the convictions,the garda vetting will so its a no win situation for them,have the private companies given a guarantee so yeah???

I actually went into the garda station there today and asked if they could run my details and licence to see if theres anything pending or the likes just incase

I've nothing at all according to gardai but they can't check penalty points.

private companies are guaranteed. just waiting for one to get back to me with a start date and another just did a medical and waiting on garda vetting for me then on the road if i want it !

I actually went into the garda station there today and asked if they could run my details and licence to see if theres anything pending or the likes just incase

I've nothing at all according to gardai but they can't check penalty points.

private companies are guaranteed. just waiting for one to get back to me with a start date and another just did a medical and waiting on garda vetting for me then on the road if i want it !
    Contact the RSA on Monday morning regardin the points,they will tell you all you need to know on that issue,well either way so a job driving buses is a certainty,so on that front congrats:) but obviously if you got DB that would be better again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 erro691

Hi , Guys ,
    I did first stage for Dublin Bus .
    Now they sent letter for drive test.
    In letter ask/bring on day of test :
    Drive licence (Irish)
    CPC card ( Irish)

What story for who has any EU licence, no Irish licence ?
    Will be forced exchange into Irish to get work or do the test ?

erro691 wrote: »
    Hi , Guys ,
    I did first stage for Dublin Bus .
    Now they sent letter for drive test.
    In letter ask/bring on day of test :
    Drive licence (Irish)
    CPC card ( Irish)

What story for who has any EU licence, no Irish licence ?
    Will be forced exchange into Irish to get work or do the test ?
    I STAND TO BE CORRECTED ON THIS:

My understanding is that once the licence/cpc are issued within the European union then you CAN use them here,are you from the E.U op????if not then you may have to exchange your licence

• Registered Users Posts: 2 erro691

Hi V.W.L 11 .... Thank you
    I am not from EU ...
    I Will try find out more later. ;-).
    thanks
    I STAND TO BE CORRECTED ON THIS:

My understanding is that once the licence/cpc are issued within the European union then you CAN use them here,are you from the E.U op????if not then you may have to exchange your licence

erro691 wrote: »
    Hi V.W.L 11 .... Thank you
    I am not from EU ...
    I Will try find out more later. ;-).
    thanks
    look at the link I have attached and see does it contain any useful info to help make your quest easier??? http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/driver_licensing/exchanging_foreign_driving_permit.html

playing the waiting game is horrible.

Still no news of a result from Saturday..... wonder how people have heard back already ?

They said they would be in touch this week and next week.

I'm through to the driving test !

Are the interview questions based of the sheet with the letter ?

• Advertisement

I'm through to the driving test !

Are the interview questions based of the sheet with the letter ?

When's the test??? Well done on getting through

Advertisement