Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling engagement and wedding ring options ?

• 18-03-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi wondering how I could go about selling a set of engagement and wedding band . I have got them valued by a jewelers but don't think I'll get what the full valuation is , has anyone sold them before or had experience ? Bit iffy about putting them on adverts,eBay done deal etc.

Tia

Pudz

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I’ve never done it, but I remember hearing an interview with someone who buys jewelry like that and resells it professionally. I believe you generally only get a fraction of the full value. They’re pretty hard to shift, so most people end up taking whatever they’re offered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

You won't get a 1/4 of the retail price he paid for the them.
    Why not keep them for your children or if you don't have any return them to your ex husband?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I threw them up on adverts to test the water , my ex and I split on good terms and exchanged rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It would probably be worth getting a current valuation but I really think you're over pricing the engagement ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I threw them up on adverts to test the water , my ex and I split on good terms and exchanged rings.

The profit margin is massive sonyoubwill get 1/4 of what you paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Contact “the jewellery box” in Galway.

Advertisement