Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Valuation Apartment

Options
  • 09-10-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Im considering selling my apartment as I have found a house I like. In order to purchase the house I have to sell apartment at a high price and buy the house at slightly below asking price.

There is an apartment below me for sale that hasnt sold yet but my apartment is a better spec.

I am going to get a free valuation from the estate agents. I will pick two agents to come. Can someone please give me advice which estate agents can value as accurate as possible and will be good at selling as i dont want to be in a postion where I have to reduce the price of the apartment.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

All estate agents will value it for you. After that its your call..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

My question is do they value accurately ? Guess ill have an idea after getting two quotes. Anyone recommend good estate agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

Your in a great position now, basically apartment stock is very limited. Old people want to downsize to unlock the funds of their big homes and theres notting for them to buy.

I recommend both of these agents for apartment valuations / sales used them many times

Broe.ie ask for Craig 01 4594433
    Broe are family ran operate all over dublin

or Remax Ireland ask for Ronan will value and will have people people ready to bid 01 462 7227
    Remax is a nationwide big brand, Ronan is in Dublin

utmbuilder wrote: »
    Your in a great position now, basically apartment stock is very limited. Old people want to downsize to unlock the funds of their big homes and theres notting for them to buy.

Real estate agent talk. I've heard of zero people looking to downsize and "unlock the equity" in their house. Zero. I would argue the opposite to this. Irish people do not know how to live in close proximity to each other. Anybody I've ever known who has bought an apartment has either sold up or is trying to sell up, with the main factors being family size and having to deal with all the crap that an apartment comes with vs a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

My apartment is a luxury one and is 1100 square foot so should have a few intrested people but its just price im intrested in what i can sell at

• Advertisement
Advertisement