Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The Nal wrote: »
    Missed the interview did he say that?! Good hes taking it seriously I suppose!

Yeah, 2 or maybe 3 times so we clearly got the message. Wasn't one of his worst interviews to be fair, made a couple of good points. Plus, had a go at Goldsteins hair which was a bonus. A greying man with a hair band just screams mid life crisis!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Nice to see a win for Patrick on his home patch. Not sure the opposition was up to much there, though!

His home tournament but Milton Keynes unfortunately not his home patch :-)

Solid hitting from kleckers tonight, well deserved victory.

That's selby, williams, Bingham and hawkins all gone today and robbo will be joining them if he doesn't find something quickly against woollaston who he lost to just last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Selby well clatterred by World number 117 Kleckers. 0-4. Selby scoring 3 points in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Not been a good week for Selby

• Advertisement

Dominic Dale had a go at Andy's hairstyle as well (must've seen Ronnie's interview). Said it was like Ronnie's from around 15 years ago :P Goldstein got him back though saying Dale went blonde himself recently :pac: Spaceman back to his normal colour now..

Knowledgeable crowd at the Allen - Milkins match.

Milkman pulls one back to leave it 2-1 in Allen's favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Selby well clatterred by World number 117 Kleckers. 0-4. Selby scoring 3 points in the match.

3 reds or one red with a yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

AllForIt wrote: »
    3 reds or one red with a yellow?

I presume it was 3 reds. It was actually 3 points in the final 3 frames. Selby did have 62 points when he lost frame 1, which even included a break of 50.

Not so bad so:pac:

Thought Allen hit the 'paint' on that red meself.

• Advertisement

Judd quite off colour today, under 80% pot success which is pretty dismal by his or any standards. Not sure brecel can take advantage though.

You might've spoke too soon Joe :P
    Brecel cueing sweet as - in my uneducated opinion :pac:

That long red attempt sums up the frame or two I've seen so far from Judd - Missed the knuckle by about 6 inches!
    And that thin cut attempt - nowhere near the knuckle even; about 2 inches north.
    Now Brecel is at it.

~Oh no - How! Something about too much side. Judd's gone.

Guess no one can be 'on it' all the time. Come on Luca

Lucky safety from judd

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

When is Stephen Hendry returning to the table? I thought he was planning to return for the UK championship but I don't see him in the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Glenman wrote: »
    When is Stephen Hendry returning to the table? I thought he was planning to return for the UK championship but I don't see him in the draw.

He said he wants to wait to play in front of a crowd so hes waiting for that and that his game isn't ready yet anyway.

Not impressed with hendry. If his game wasn't ready, or whatever the excuse, then why accept the card and deprive another player from getting it. If there's a better way of getting yourself ready other than by actually going out and playing competitive matches, then i haven't heard it.

Chance missed by luca there, led every stat in that match, bar the critical one on the scoreboard. Judd upped it when it mattered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Considering the reds he missed in the second frame, Brecel scored a couple of great reds in the final frame. He won the former and lost the latter...

I wonder if O'Sullivan will continue to play until the last ball..

I thought the Robidoux analogy was unfair on Ron - Over 20 years ago, plus I think Ronnie did the 'right' (even if not so-called 'ungentlemanly') thing at the time by playing left handed... Maffew :P had the option of whacking the balls around to finish off the frame (maybe he did - I was out of the room from that point to make a sandwich) if he wanted, as he had plenty points in hand..

• Advertisement

^^^^^

Or 'Gentlemanly' even :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Hendry my fav player but if you read what he has said, it seems he has been quite hesitant from day 1. Since the announcement, he was aggressively downplaying it and saying he wouldnt play much, and that seems to have actually dialled up. I really wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt pick up the cue.

Not surprised hendry didn't enter uk anyway. He'd have faced selby if he did and maybe didn't fancy that. Never been a fan of these wild cards but at least jimmy and ken turn up to play. What i find disappointing is this is the kind of thing i'd expect stephen to call out as a pundit. It seems selfish to me but then again being selfish was a part of what made him a great and i suspect this might be all about focussing on the crucible and concentrating on events leading up to it and playing into some form, if he still has it.

This should be stevens clearing up for the match here. He's had even more chances here than brecel had to beat trump.

Bingham , Murphy , Allen , Wilson (of the top players) and to a lesser extent Higgins & Selby (not counting Lisowski who's not really established) I feel are nearly always worth 'taking on' from a punting perspective; especially over the shorter format. Can't really have Judd there (maybe a couple of years ago) , or 'The Great One' .

Of those mentioned Bingham and Murphy are probably decent moneyspinners for those who 'oppose' them regularly . I might look into that a bit more in the future.

Perhaps there should be a darts, snooker tips/fancies thread for that purpose. Maybe a mod could set it up, or look into it, as it wouldn't interest everyone.

Matthew doing pretty well here; maybe another chap who's being staying away from the pub - just like Mark Allen, as a 'shrewd' poster observed a while back :pac:

Joe's a great 'shotcaller' imo. I like the way he tells viewers the likely shot the player will take, and how he's going to play it ie right/left hand side etc... Very informative for viewers who might find themselves a little more enlightened re trajectories/ path of cueball etc,,,He does seem to miss shots, or thinks the 'red won't go' etc,, when watching at home the red looks like it will indeed pot.

I like JJ - he knows his stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Love to watch Un Nooh

Those 'black cushion' pockets are very friendly imo... Couple of shots recently; in the space of 3-4 shots from Ron, both looked odds against to go in / drop...

Thought Fouldsy's mate said if you could buy a "spliff" :D

• Advertisement

So it's "Desmond" (Tu Tu) - as darting 'legend' :p Chris Mason is wont to say - in the Rocket / Un Nooh match. Set up nice.

Advertisement