Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Champion of Champions - 2nd-8th November on ITV4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Bingham badly off form here. In the second frame he missed a red i'd say he'd pot 999/1,000 it was that easy. He doesn't seem his usual confident self.

This Radzi lad introducing the players into the arena ike it was a boxing match is absolute drivel. No need for it. Cringe fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Big miss by Murphy there. It could well be a decisive moment in this match.

Bingham was brutal today.

I wonder was Murphy the first professional player to miss the reds with his break off shot? The studio showed it prematch. Must have been a recent tournament. He's experimenting with his break offs he said. Murphy has nearly been as bad as Bingham so far.

• Advertisement

Dave is playing some lovely stuff.. Murphy will be demoralised, an 8/10 red that he missed..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

No excuses with break offs at this level.

Murphy just hasn't looked settled for a while now. And he's had to decamp to Milton Keynes. Can hardly be exciting.

Murphy must have played about 10 shots there looking for a snooker and each one of them as bad as each other. He really is hopeless at the tactical side of the game.

Holey moley lads, Murphy is only after missing the reds with a break off not once but twice in a row right now! Idiotic carry on. Plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Murphy should be several levels above Gilbert but he's badly struggling here now.

Didn't see the missed break off, but I really wish I did.

• Advertisement

He must be trying a new kind of break off like catching the paint or something. It might be a tactic to not leave one. Maybe it'll catch on. Could be his mate Fergal O'Brien's gameplan for The Murph :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Holey moley lads, Murphy is only after missing the reds with a break off not once but twice in a row right now! Idiotic carry on. Plain and simple.

That's even more weird considering he did it last week too.

weemcd wrote: »
    Murphy should be several levels above Gilbert but he's badly struggling here now.

Didn't see the missed break off, but I really wish I did.

There's always ITV4+1 if ya have it. Be on in about 45 mins on that channel.

zuutroy wrote: »
    That's even more weird considering he did it last week too.

Three times in a few weeks? If he missed them for third time today he would have forfeited the frame and match. What a numpty :)

Absolute fluke from Murphy then a poor snooker after. This is still Gilbert's to lose.

Three times in a few weeks? If he missed them for third time today he would have forfeited the frame and match. What a numpty :)

I think he's trying the superthin contact so as not to leave the bottom red sticking out as a potting chance for the opponent.

He's only gone and done it for a third time today.! Then clips the outside red on his second attempt and leaves a long red on. Absolutely nonsensical snooker.

Another miss by Murphy, I saw that one. Pretty poor stuff. Gilbert in now, needs to wrap this one up to avoid letting Murphy off the hook.

As Hendry said 'he's hardly trying to reinvent the wheel' with this break off experimentation anyway.

And Murphy is the last player i remember to forfeit a frame by missing three balls. He's lacking a bit between the ears it seems.

• Advertisement

I'm glad Gilbert has won as Murphy was messing with the snooker gods and acting the clown.

Looking tight for Trump tonight

I think Judd's playing quite well. Two centuries and only for wobbling the frame winning pink in frame three he would be leading 3-1. I agree with Hendry and McManus that there's a few more mistakrs in Gilbert and i fancy Trump to win.

Another superb break from Judd. A scoring machine tonight. On this form he'll take some beating. Best player in the world at present, without a doubt. Good to see him get the best out of his talent the last couple of years. Plenty more to come i suspect.

No idea why Gilbert was screwing that pink. Looked like a bit of an angle to play with top and a touch of side to get across to the red.

Everything going wrong for Gilbert.

Gilbert chipping the cue ball and follows it up by featheriing the white quite a distance with his next shot. He's looking a little ragged.

Judd is on fire tonight. Four centuries in a display right out of the top drawer.

Trump victorious here.....

• Advertisement

Was a pleasure to watch that session of snooker.

Advertisement