Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jeffk wrote: »
    Basil3 wrote: »
    It's Vodafone the best network in Ireland, according to Comreg.

[url][/url]

Someone posted in my other thread about this and is getting over a 100, ive never seen those speeds :(

I've seen 85mpbs on Vodafone. But really depends on where and when to run th test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

Someone posted in my other thread about this and is getting over a 100, ive never seen those speeds :(

Unless you have an LTE-Advanced Cat.6 or greater handset, and are in a 4G+ area, you won't.

Problem is this is restricted to high end handsets, not aware of any of the more budget range (<?300) handsets that can do Cat.6 (yet).

30-40Mbps download is about best world average you can expect on Cat.4.

I was with 3, now with Virgin. Fastest speed I ever got on 3 was 35Mb/s. Then one day, I was out for lunch with my boss and hit 60Mb/s, I couldn't believe it. He pulled out his phone and got 120Mb/s on Vodafone. Typical.

BTW, I've got 45Mb/s in my house on Virgin, faster than I ever got on 3, and it's the same network. Weird.

Obviously, it depends on your handset and location.

Basil3 wrote: »
    BTW, I've got 45Mb/s in my house on Virgin, faster than I ever got on 3, and it's the same network. Weird.

Same infrastructure for base stations. But the core network is not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Bob24 wrote: »
    Same infrastructure for base stations. But the core network is not the same.
    What are the differences?

• Advertisement

BigCon wrote: »
    What are the differences?

Three are renting the antennas to Virgin (and possible centralising all the data traffic from Virgin's customers to one or more interconnection points), but it is then up to Virgin to route that traffic to the internet using their own network.

So:
    1) While a Three customer and a Virgin customer share the same base station, depending on the deal between Three and Virgin they might have a different level of priority when using that antenna and one of the 2 networks can also choose to limit data speeds for their customers if it makes sense to them while the other one wouldn't.
    2) When it comes to actually routing your packets to the internet (i.e. once they have already been routed from the base station to a Three or Virgin data centre and still need to be send to the likes of Google or any only service you might use, then a Three customer and a Virgin customer are using completely different network paths which can perform differently).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just realised this is a 28 day deal, so effectively a 13 month year. Still pretty good, but just good to know as a scheduled top-up will leave you short each time.

Just realised this is a 28 day deal, so effectively a 13 month year. Still pretty good, but just good to know as a scheduled top-up will leave you short each time.

Vodafone will let you schedule automated top-ups every 28 days, so no problem with failing to renew th bundle on time. But yes it means you would pay 13 times 20 euros per year.

Having said than you can get a free 20 euros top-up with 250 Cherry Points which is roughly what you will have after 12 automated top-ups, so will it makes things more convoluted just for marketing purposes the actual cost can actually be brought back to 20 euros per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Bob24 wrote: »
    Vodafone will let you schedule automated top-ups every 28 days, so no problem with failing to renew th bundle on time. But yes it means you would pay 13 times 20 euros per year.

Having said than you can get a free 20 euros top-up with 250 Cherry Points which is roughly what you will have after 12 automated top-ups, so will it makes things more convoluted just for marketing purposes the actual cost can actually be brought back to 20 euros per month.

I missed the 28 day option. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Hi all I topped up on day 29 and lost my Spotify premium account. How do I reactivate premium please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi all I topped up on day 29 and lost my Spotify premium account. How do I reactivate premium please

While on mobile data go to offers.vodafone.com/ie , then select Spotify subscription again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

FrostyJim wrote: »
    While on mobile data go to offers.vodafone.com/ie , then select Spotify subscription again.

Thanks so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

I've never used Spotify before, it's brilliant. It works very well on PS4 as well , didn't realise you can playback Spotify as you play games .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

can the sky sports mobile be used on an android box?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

sweetie wrote: »
    can the sky sports mobile be used on an android box?

Doubt it will, when initially connecting to the app you have to use mobile data of the registered phone.I assume for authentication.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Visit the page and enter the following in the address bar:
    javascript:$.cookie("age-gate",!0,{expires:7});location.reload();

Ensure that after you pasted this text in your address bar that it starts with "javascript:", some browsers strip it out... Finally hit return or go and the page will reload then prompt you to enter your Vodafone number. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Cheers guys. Much better deal than my previous provider. Ordered a sim last Froday and scheduled to have my number ported over today. All up and running with Vodafone X Weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If anyone is having problems with this plan, it's because it's a new deal and they're working out some technical details. I've personally had to change my twice now.

Also, if anyone isn't getting 4g, get onto them on live chat and they'll sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

II've personally had to change my twice now.

Change your what?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

tonkpills wrote: »
    Visit the page and enter the following in the address bar:
    javascript:$.cookie("age-gate",!0,{expires:7});location.reload();

Ensure that after you pasted this text in your address bar that it starts with "javascript:", some browsers strip it out... Finally hit return or go and the page will reload then prompt you to enter your Vodafone number. Simples.
    If that did work, they must've noticed their flaw and amended it.
    Tried with both Opera and Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Change your what?
    Sim.

byte wrote: »

Yes just checked it there and they did fix it alright :(

byte wrote: »

Try the following:
    javascript:lity("#inline-number")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Is this still working for the (ahem) overs 25s and if so do I just switch first and then set up the Facebook page???

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Is this still working for the (ahem) overs 25s and if so do I just switch first and then set up the Facebook page???

Still working. Set up the Facebook beforehand and click the link to sign up. If you get as far as it asking for your phone number you're good to go. Otherwise you'll either have to try set up a other Facebook or find a student to sign you up.

It's saying your not a Vodafone customer that's not a problem bring in your I'd to store...

Was thinking of porting to VF anyway this weekend this deal would make it sweeter... If I head into the shop and buy a SIM will I be asked age???

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Was thinking of porting to VF anyway this weekend this deal would make it sweeter... If I head into the shop and buy a SIM will I be asked age???

No, but you'll probably be forced to buy credit with it in store and then again to activate Vodafone X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I had issues with the 4g and sound quality, got onto live chat customer support, not sure what they done but after a reboot, speed went from barely 4mb to 40mb down and call quality is better now.
    Happy Days

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    No, but you'll probably be forced to buy credit with it in store and then again to activate Vodafone X.

Got the SIM this morning switched and didn't have to buy credit... Done the Facebook verification again and all worked out sweet... Thanks frostyjim sweet BARGAIN...

Advertisement