Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Today, 14:50   #4156
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Just need a mini moan somewhere, and you guys are the lucky audience.

Just had a telephone consultation with the hospital, all good (well better than previously), numbers going in the right direction, they can see all my stats automatically uploaded from my pump/ phone, get a reminder about checking the dates on my backup pen insulin for if the pump breaks or I need booster shots manually in the event of getting Covid and BG numbers going nuts.

Then I go to check the dates on the backup insulin in the fridge and it goes out of date this month, go to try and order through the online repeat prescription system the GP has setup...but they have decided to cancel my insulin from my repeats.

They have done this before with both my pump insulin and my backup pens. Why do GP surgery's that have nothing to do with my diabetes treatment other than providing the prescriptions which the consultant at the hospital tells them to write think they should be making changes to what items I can request for treating diabetes without consulting me first. Grrrr.

Obviously relatively easily solved and no major problem because I spotted it, just frustrating that it keeps happening. Just now have to go back through the rigmarole of getting the items authorised on my repeats again.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 19:09   #4157
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
Just need a mini moan somewhere, and you guys are the lucky audience.

Just had a telephone consultation with the hospital, all good (well better than previously), numbers going in the right direction, they can see all my stats automatically uploaded from my pump/ phone, get a reminder about checking the dates on my backup pen insulin for if the pump breaks or I need booster shots manually in the event of getting Covid and BG numbers going nuts.

Then I go to check the dates on the backup insulin in the fridge and it goes out of date this month, go to try and order through the online repeat prescription system the GP has setup...but they have decided to cancel my insulin from my repeats.

They have done this before with both my pump insulin and my backup pens. Why do GP surgery's that have nothing to do with my diabetes treatment other than providing the prescriptions which the consultant at the hospital tells them to write think they should be making changes to what items I can request for treating diabetes without consulting me first. Grrrr.

Obviously relatively easily solved and no major problem because I spotted it, just frustrating that it keeps happening. Just now have to go back through the rigmarole of getting the items authorised on my repeats again.
The DSN in my clinic just posts them out to me now, I mail her everytime the pharmacist asks and it arrives a week later. It is really weird they do that to you, are they concerned a cure has been found and you don't need it anymore?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion