Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I got my SIM in post today but I'm getting a message to say SIM NOT PROVISIONED message. Does that mean it's in the process or porting or what?

Not sure if I'm to wait for it to kick in on phone, or if I've to go onto Vodafone website to top up.

Provided they have not f'd up then it should port over in the morning. Then you can top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Ah, great, thanks. Presumed it wasn't supposed to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I was on call for 30 mins with them before i cut the call..bunch of jokers clueless about what to do with port and sim not activated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Gave this a shot, request to port this morning, will see how it goes, they better not run out of stock or I'll be pi$$ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭CFC007

Back onto tech support and now their saying I need to go into a VF shop to activate the SIM card. Too much hassle

• Advertisement

CFC007 wrote: »
    Back onto tech support and now their saying I need to go into a VF shop to activate the SIM card. Too much hassle

I contacted them on live chat, gave them the order number and sim number and they activated it there and then. Just needed to reboot the phone. I have to wait until tomorrow before my Vodafone will recognize my number though so she mentioned she added free minutes and data. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

I was on call for 30 mins with them before i cut the call..bunch of jokers clueless about what to do with port and sim not activated !!

Faced the same. They will sell 10000 connections and give 100 buds away.

For rest - STOCK WAS OVER. Did you NOT read the clause.

They are some shower.

Contacted via live chat about the SIM not activated. First they asked me for the 19 digit number on the SIM. I gave it to them, they said it was wrong. I gave it again, and they said it was right this time. I told them it was the exact same number both times. Their response? Oh yeah, my bad.

Next, they told me I just needed to top up online and it would work. They waited while I topped up, then after this they said to wait 2 minutes and reboot, then it would work. Half an hour later, it's still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

DopeTech wrote: »
    It does look to be a good offer but they are the 1st gen not the buds+ or buds live versions. Just keep that in mind. You can get these elsewhere for about €60-€70 so while it is a saving it's not as big as they are making out.

I have the buds and buds+. I think the original buds are as good if not better.

We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.
    You can't register at the moment because you are not a Vodafone customer. Switching to Vodafone is easy.

Any idea why I'd be getting this message? Tried both logging in and/or registering and am getting this:
    You can't register at the moment because you are not a Vodafone customer. Switching to Vodafone is easy. Find out how to switch. This has been logged as error (SRV-REG-02) - which tells us more about the problem.

SIM NOT PROVISIONED message from last night gone and now it's showing as having a Vodafone signal. Didn't top up yet but was able to make a short call, just to connect and check out it working ok.

• Advertisement

Any idea why I'd be getting this message? Tried both logging in and/or registering and am getting this:

SIM NOT PROVISIONED message from last night gone and now it's showing as having a Vodafone signal. Didn't top up yet but was able to make a short call, just to connect and check out it working ok.

great i will go over to chat now

My problem is that the SIM they sent me was DOA. It has never worked, and I've been told the only solution is to go into a Vodafone store.

Mines turned in to a bit of a fiasco. One sim ported but I can't register it. The other port is failing. Lucky we didn't need to top up initially I guess. Might have to abandon it

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Mines turned in to a bit of a fiasco. One sim ported but I can't register it. The other port is failing. Lucky we didn't need to top up initially I guess. Might have to abandon it

I did a top up and lost 20e. No one knows what happened to it.

Wasted 1 hour yesterday.

I would Not be surprised if we don't get voucher SMS as their entire system is a mess..too much of hassle tbh..

Same here, won't register although it did port over after 12 hours or so of SIM NOT PROVISIONED.

Ended up going into a Vodafone store. He said the port was completed fine from their end, but the SIM was still showing as no signal. He gave me a new SIM, everything works fine, and the topup I put on last night is there with Vodafone X active.

Now to see if I get a text with this voucher code.....

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

Anyone else not receive their sim card yet? Ordered this on Monday and still no sight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭bren2001

smilgy wrote: »
    Anyone else not receive their sim card yet? Ordered this on Monday and still no sight of it.

I'm in the same boat

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat

I ordered one Friday around midday and another in the evening. First one arrived on Tuesday and the 2nd one yesterday. Still not able to register one though and the other port failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Has anyone done it and got the code yet

JamesRLS wrote: »
    Has anyone done it and got the code yet

Done it all, but no code. Customer support wouldn't have a clue about it either, so they're not help.

In fairness, it says up to 2 weeks for a code, but usually these things are almost immediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

smilgy wrote: »

I ordered Tuesday night. Didnt get an email to confirm either so not sure how i would go about tracking should it come to it. Did anyone get an email to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

jhammer wrote: »
    I ordered Tuesday night. Didnt get an email to confirm either so not sure how i would go about tracking should it come to it. Did anyone get an email to confirm?
    I ordered the sim over the weekend arrived in the post yesterday (Wednesday). Didn't get a confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

I contacted them on live chat, gave them the order number and sim number and they activated it there and then..

Where is the live chat on their site? Can't see it anywhere.
    Tried talking to their phone customer service but yer man kept putting back to the same flippin menu every time i said i was porting a number. Absolutely useless

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Really weird. Lost signal on Eir and text of vodafone about switching. but no Sim!

Where is the live chat on their site? Can't see it anywhere.
    Tried talking to their phone customer service but yer man kept putting back to the same flippin menu every time i said i was porting a number. Absolutely useless

downloaded the app -> dirtbags still have chat enabled through the app so got through to them in like 2 secs using that

Did anybody get this error when trying to top up for first time?

> The session is invalid or it may expired, if you were in middle of a payment, no charge has been made.
    Please login to your My Vodafone account again

Definitely logged in and still getting t. Tried Firefox, Edge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Really weird. Lost signal on Eir and text of vodafone about switching. but no Sim!

Same here. I thought that was not supposed to happen until it's registered as delivered. Nightmare for anyone switching there own number.

• Advertisement

Did anybody get this error when trying to top up for first time?

> The session is invalid or it may expired, if you were in middle of a payment, no charge has been made.
    Please login to your My Vodafone account again

Definitely logged in and still getting t. Tried Firefox, Edge etc.

Same

Advertisement