Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! FRENCH - predictions, guesses and discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robcool2

Basically what the title says.
    Is there any pattern in the exam papers showing that certain topics are due for the essays Q's (Q1 Q2,3,4)
    In the 2015 LC?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Irish water me thinks!
    Maybe binge drinking too due to the neknominate saga last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭freckly

d1234 wrote: »
    Irish water me thinks!
    Maybe binge drinking too due to the neknominate saga last year!!

Total guesswork but I also think something on alcohol because of necknominate.

Maybe something about Facebook challenges in general.

Water

Emigration

Politics

They would be my gut feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭ Estrella Cuddly Soreness

Anyone think about the SSM? Suppose its politics.
    Also war in france earlier this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

For HL French for the written these are the topics Ive covered-
    Marriage/Gay Marriage
    Drugs
    Importance of foreign languages
    Violence in schools
    Smoking
    Relationships in families
    Water charges
    Gender Equality
    The environement
    Road Accidents
    Emigration
    Unemployment
    Terrorism

Is there anything else that I should focus on??? Please help I'm hoping for a B or a high C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

The Environment (with theme of Water possibly)
    Crime
    Drug Problem in Ireland
    The Habit of Drinking as Irish People
    Racism, Gender Inequality
    Terrorism (important to include something about Charlie Hebdo)

I'm in LC in a grind school in Dublin which shall remain unnamed (we all know),
    and these are my teacher's predictions, she's pretty spot on every year :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

With that broad a range, not that hard to get at least one or two near the mark! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MegLC

I would think all of your guesses could be fairly right! :) I have literally no notes on crime or terrorism and cant find any either :( Would anyone be able to send them on? Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laurajulietb

These are my teachers predictions and she's pretty clued in:
    Water Charges
    Binge Drinking (Necknomination)
    Ebola
    Terrorism
    Could possibly be Ice bucket challenge/ social networks
    Maybe something on e-cigarettes (they love putting smoking on the paper)

*side note: 2013 she predicted all 8 questions down to the horse meat scandal so she's usually spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GaryL0904

Anyone have any good resources or notes on topics? I only have notes on water and terroism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 orangey24

Has anyone got notes on water charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Does anyone know where I can find the aural tape for 2003 and 2002?
    And also does anyone know of another websites where I can practice my French listening? I listen to french radio and cartoons but listening is what let me down in my mock so I really want to try to improve it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Does anyone have any nice sentences in the subjunctive that you could slip into an essay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

OMGeary wrote: »
    Does anyone have any nice sentences in the subjunctive that you could slip into an essay ?

Il est important que tout le monde fasse de son mieux pour résoudre ce problème.
    Il est temps que le gouvernement agisse.
    Il est important que tout le monde soit informé des dangers de....

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

AlfaJack wrote: »
    Il est important que tout le monde fasse de son mieux pour résoudre ce problème.
    Il est temps que le gouvernement agisse.
    Il est important que tout le monde soit informé des dangers de....

Merci Beaucoup :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FoxScientist

French: Probably some Recession, Obesity or Terrorism questions

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

I'm thinking obesity and cyber bullying are both very topical subjects this year and maybe know some sport to mix in with obesity

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

Patsy6546 wrote: »
    I'm thinking obesity and cyber bullying are both very topical subjects this year and maybe know some sport to mix in with obesity

Many people are making predictions on events that have occured this year, didn't they finish the making of the papers in 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

Tet2015 wrote: »
    Many people are making predictions on events that have occured this year, didn't they finish the making of the papers in 2014?

Yes they do but cyber bulling is still a huge thing amongst teenagers and so is obesity for the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

They try to focus on what will be a big event, for example The Gathering came up in 2013.

Does anyone see the MarRef coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

oktplz wrote: »
    Does anyone see the MarRef coming up?

I think a good question to come up is 'should young people vote?' or along those lines. It's only something recent, so the Commission might not bother change the exam.

Has anyone got notes/vocabulary for marriage referendum they wouldn't mind sharing..

orangey24 wrote: »
    Has anyone got notes/vocabulary for marriage referendum they wouldn't mind sharing..

My teacher thinks it could come up as a general marriage Q due to not lknowing the vote when the papers were printed but she said she thinks its more likely next year than this year but here ye go ( sorry no idea how to do accents but il try on this yoke!)

Il existe tous les pays dans toutes les cultures- It exists in all country and culture
    On ne peut pas choisir avec qui on tombé amoureux- One cannot help who they fall in love with

Je suis d'accord avec les homosexuals étant authorises á se marier entre eux- I agree with homosexuals being aloud to marry each other

Ce n'est pas de nos affaires si deux personnes veulent se marier, n'importe quell sexe- Its none of our business if 2 people want to marry, regardless of sex

Si dieu a vraiment crée l'homme, il a également crée l'homme homosexual- If god truly created man then he created the homosexual man

Il faut changer les mentalities- Its necessary to change mentalitys.

Hope this helps :D:D

My teacher thinks it could come up as a general marriage Q due to not lknowing the vote when the papers were printed but she said she thinks its more likely next year than this year but here ye go ( sorry no idea how to do accents but il try on this yoke!)

Il existe tous les pays dans toutes les cultures- It exists in all country and culture
    On ne peut pas choisir avec qui on tombé amoureux- One cannot help who they fall in love with

Je suis d'accord avec les homosexuals étant authorises á se marier entre eux- I agree with homosexuals being aloud to marry each other

Ce n'est pas de nos affaires si deux personnes veulent se marier, n'importe quell sexe- Its none of our business if 2 people want to marry, regardless of sex

Si dieu a vraiment crée l'homme, il a également crée l'homme homosexual- If god truly created man then he created the homosexual man

Il faut changer les mentalities- Its necessary to change mentalitys.

Hope this helps :D:D

Thank you so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

I can't change them because I'm on my phone but there are missing or incorrect accents on quite a few words so be careful.

Does anyone have anything for terrorism?? I have the usual its a big problem etc etc but like nothing really SOLID...anyone?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 me1289

They can still change it. One year, horse meat came up on the paper and it had only happened in feb/mar, even though the papers were written in Oct/Nov

me1289 wrote: »
    They can still change it. One year, horse meat came up on the paper and it had only happened in feb/mar, even though the papers were written in Oct/Nov

Do you think it was too late for them to change MarRef?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sdio

vamos! wrote: »
    I can't change them because I'm on my phone but there are missing or incorrect accents on quite a few words so be careful.

Also don't forget the e in homosexuel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 me1289

Do you think it was too late for them to change MarRef?

Possibly, I personally think they could ask something about politics in general, but then again they have the ability to do whatever they want!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement