Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

Is anyone studying Lasaire Choille. It's so long and I really don't want to study it. I did an Easter revision course and we got notes on all pros bar that so I'm wondering if that means something??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mayjunejuly

Can anyone help me with a general opening and closing paragraph for an Irish essay, that can fit most essays I can alter it to suit my essay myself. Any help at all please! As you can see I'm desperate leaving cert starts in 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Can anyone help me with a general opening and closing paragraph for an Irish essay, that can fit most essays I can alter it to suit my essay myself. Any help at all please! As you can see I'm desperate leaving cert starts in 7 days

give me till the end of the day, i will try write one up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharw22

Hi guys just wondering has anyone got an essay on Sean daoine please?and is anyone else just covering geibheann,colscaradh,gnathrud,caca milis or is it too risky??thanks:)

I was actually just thinking of doing those too now I feel like it's too risky. Maybe hurlamboc and the teacher in my revision course at Easter sort of hinted towards An-tearrach Thiar too.

Opening: Bhuel, nuair a chonaic mé teidéal an aiste seo, líon mo chroi le frustrachas agus Corraí mar chun firrine a rá, tá na tailli uisce soir me. (Well, when I saw the tidle of this essay, my heart filled with frustration and anger because to tell you the truth the Water Charges annoys me) you can mess around with that.

Ending: Tá siúl agam go dtabhairfaidh me abhair macnaimh daoibh (I am sure I have given you a good subject to think about)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishgirl85

Anyone got anything on film techniques in Caca Milis? Praying this doesn't come up...
    Also, although Caca, an Gnáthrud, géibheann and colscaradh haven't come up yet, if they put 2 of these on the paper that means next year will only have one choice left that hasn't been examined...
    Also, I reckon if géibheann comes up it'll be a hard Q

Tá codarsnacht suntasach idir an bheirt carachtar sa ghearrscannáin seo. Is fear
    cairdeach gealgháireach é Paul, sin ráite áfach is léir go bhfuil sé beagán
    saonta, neamhurchóideach agus saghas páistiúil. Is bean mí-fhoighneach,
    mailíseach agus neamhthrócaireach í Catherine, a bhfuil bréan de chuile shórt.
    Cé gur mór an crá é Paul, níl an drochíde a fhaigheann sé tuilte aige. Úsáidtear
    an dúnmharú seo chun solas a chaitheamh ar an olc atá i bhfolach inár sochaí.
    Mar adeir an seanfhocal “is iomaí cor agus casadh atá i nádúr an duine”.

This is the only notes i have access to right now. Not sure if it's any help but the Sean focail at the end would be good to put in. I'd talk about the suiomh (location) on the train, no escape and the tight shot - seatanna teanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishgirl85

Any ideas for An Trial?
    My teacher reckons the role of mothers/women in Ireland at the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Any ideas for An Trial?
    My teacher reckons the role of mothers/women in Ireland at the time..

Techniques?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveMc90

Has anybody got any sort of vocab or notes on dramatic techniques for an triall? if so please pm me ! Thanks

• Advertisement

here we are my friends, Debate opening + closing, old people full essay and technology/media/facebook 1 positive 1 negative paragrapgh. Thats everything I am learning, I believe i should be covered with that, if anyone is goign through them and sees a good few mistakes and corrects them, send it back to me so I/we dont learn off wrong stuff. Pretty strong essays here to be honest so this close to exam, just learn it off :) enjoy everyone and just to remind, caoineadh airt ui laoghire notes, send them one, im F**ked for it :D

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=80377630286446392358 opening/closing for (debate/speech), old people, media
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...07598417325554 war/terrorism - educational - environment - homelessness

If anyone wants poetry/prose notes get your orders in ASAP ;) will not be doing this come weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

RoRo979 wrote: »
    just to remind, caoineadh airt ui laoghire notes, send them one, im F**ked for it :D

I just noticed that it's covered in gléasnótaí gaeilge but I vaguely remember you saying a few weeks back that you had that book for the sraith pictiurí (I think)

Let me know if you want me to send you on photos of it or if you have the book already.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

I'm just doing

Daoine gan didean /( with rialtas etc )
    Seandaoine
    Slainte na nOg / Fadhbanna
    Teicneolaiocht
    Coras oideachais ( just incase )

Praying for one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MariaW4794

Say if tourism or emigration comes up could you write about how there isn't much tourism in Ireland because of violence or how many people emigrate because of violence? I don't think I'll have enough time to learn anymore essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

MariaW4794 wrote: »
    Say if tourism or emigration comes up could you write about how there isn't much tourism in Ireland because of violence or how many people emigrate because of violence? I don't think I'll have enough time to learn anymore essays.

Can't see it working for tourism, cause loads of people come as tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lauram51225

Looking back through the exams papers, for the pros Caca Milis and An Gnathrud are the only two that have not yet been examed since the they changed the layout of the irish paper and for poetry it's a toss between Geibheann and Colscaradh

Magnate wrote: »
    I just noticed that it's covered in gléasnótaí gaeilge but I vaguely remember you saying a few weeks back that you had that book for the sraith pictiurí (I think)

Let me know if you want me to send you on photos of it or if you have the book already.

have less stress, the book blás, gleasnotaí, my friend let me borrow her revise wise. All the answers are so small. Theme has a good chance of being a 20 marker and the theme in all them, except less stress which is done good, is about 4 lines and on different theme. The less stress is good but it mixed minigh na linte and theme into one answer so its very, sa chead cveara, sa dara veara etc.
    Looking back through the exams papers, for the pros Caca Milis and An Gnathrud are the only two that have not yet been examed since the they changed the layout of the irish paper and for poetry it's a toss between Geibheann and Colscaradh

indeed that is what the whole country knows and what everyone is banking on, also why everyone is worried as its such common knowledge.

So i put up old people, media - educational - environment - homelessness - oldpeople and paragraph on media, health and water. Feel like it should definately be enough but still worried tbh, what else do we think could come up apart from these are come up with these topics but with a weird title e.g For young people title youd think problems would have you covered, but in the mock the title "youth are the slaves of fashion" wouldnt have worked.

I'm thinking tEarrach Thiar for poetry and Caca Milis cause its more difficult than Gnathrud. So is Lasaire Choille out then. I don't know if it is or isn't cause I'm a repeat student. I'm learning social media, daoine gan didin and tailli uisce for essays. Now I'm thinking of throwing sport in too you know the way there was uproar over sky taking over rights and also controversial stuff about Qatar having next soccer world cup all that jazz....maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MariaW4794

Could you do an essay on violence if Duine gan dídean came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tarac123

hi do people think id be ok learning essays on the following
    -technology in our loves
    -sport
    -young people
    -tourism in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 vogue123

RoRo979 wrote: »
    here we are my friends, Debate opening + closing, old people full essay and technology/media/facebook 1 positive 1 negative paragrapgh. Thats everything I am learning, I believe i should be covered with that, if anyone is goign through them and sees a good few mistakes and corrects them, send it back to me so I/we dont learn off wrong stuff. Pretty strong essays here to be honest so this close to exam, just learn it off :) enjoy everyone and just to remind, caoineadh airt ui laoghire notes, send them one, im F**ked for it :D

If anyone wants poetry/prose notes get your orders in ASAP ;) will not be doing this come weekend

would you be able to repost the second tiny upload link as it doesn't appear to be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

My Irish teacher didn't do seandaoine with us :/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Poetry/prós is fine. However I haven't a notion about an Triail and where to start. I realise character questions are likely but aside from that is there much else?

Also if I was to prepare one essay and hope for the best which would be most likely?

MariaW4794 wrote: »
    Could you do an essay on violence if Duine gan dídean came up?

I wouldn't, I'd keep that seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Anyone have a link to a site that explains the IRISH PAPER 2 leamhthuiscint genres? lost my notes

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Anyone else think that something somewhat political comes up? Our teacher suggested that with the Water Charges and Marriage Referendum being in the news even last year that we could get something general where you could bring in either of them..

That said, our teacher specifically warned us against predictions and basically said be prepared for anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Starting to panic anois,

I have
    Seandaoine
    Coras Oideachas
    Truailliu Na Timpeallachta
    Tabhacht an Sport
    Foreigean and Coiriulacht

and a little bit on Daoine Oga

Do ye think I'm ok or would you recommend learning more?

yoyojc wrote: »
    Starting to panic anois,

I have
    Seandaoine
    Coras Oideachas
    Truailliu Na Timpeallachta
    Tabhacht an Sport
    Foreigean and Coiriulacht

and a little bit on Daoine Oga

Do ye think I'm ok or would you recommend learning more?

Reckon you have plenty there good mix.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

AulBiddy wrote: »
    My Irish teacher didn't do seandaoine with us :/

You don't have to do seandaoine. I'm sure you did other ones, one of which is bound to come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 KatieLawsEnnis

My teacher advised us not to learn off essays and to just have a introduction and conclusion learnt off. Then we learnt key phrases and expressions and just paragraphs on a wide range of issues. Reproducing a learnt off essay won't let you score high! Its all about dealing with the question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement