Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEAI DBER exam

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭picorette

Yes.
    So you have the option to cancel your appointment and wait until after February, or go ahead with the exam.
    "For new entrants looking to register as a non-domestic BER assessor for the first time, candidates will be required to fulfill the pre-qualification registration requirements currently outlined on SEAI’s website, supply the relevant registration documentation to SEAI and complete a mandatory validation exercise on an example building.
    Once successfully registered as a BER assessor, new entrants will be required to complete a pre- publication mentoring audit and will be subject to current standard QA auditing processes."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

picorette wrote: »
    Yes.
    So you have the option to cancel your appointment and wait until after February, or go ahead with the exam.
    "For new entrants looking to register as a non-domestic BER assessor for the first time, candidates will be required to fulfill the pre-qualification registration requirements currently outlined on SEAI’s website, supply the relevant registration documentation to SEAI and complete a mandatory validation exercise on an example building.
    Once successfully registered as a BER assessor, new entrants will be required to complete a pre- publication mentoring audit and will be subject to current standard QA auditing processes."

I was scheduled to sit my first dber exam on Jan 15.

Hypothetically if I was to sit it and fail, how would that affect me in February? Been trying to secure an exam place for 6 months. Could do with starting work again.

I have an eligibility number and an exam booked but did not receive any notification from seai about any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

I have an eligibility number and an exam booked but did not receive any notification from seai about any changes.

Ditto. I've a DBER exam booked and paid for late January but haven't heard anything about exam disruption. Where did you hear they were abolished and what did you actually hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭picorette

Email from SEAI to all existing BER assessors on Friday
    I would contact SEAI for clarification

• Advertisement

Spoke to SEAI yesterday. They seemed to know as much about the details of this change as I do, damn all. All that they could do was read the letter which was sent out. What exactly is meant by mentoring in the context of being qualified? Will you be required to undertake a survey while being observed?

Cancelled exam earlier today. Prometric were not notified about the changes.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Surely prometric work under contract and you'd think they would be fully aware of the situation??

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Surely prometric work under contract and you'd think they would be fully aware of the situation??

When I cancelled earlier the guy that I spoke with in Prometric asked me did SEAI change the rules as I was the second person to cancel in the past couple of days.

Advertisement