Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody going to Ikea soon???

• 12-06-2020 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭

Anybody going to Ikea this evening or over the weekend?

I would like something checked on a product so I can know whether it is okay to order or if I should wait for the restrictions to end to collect it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wont be going myself for several weeks but if you do go expect a queue of up to an hour to get inside. Probably better off to go late in the evening about an hour before closing if you're just there to check a product

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭bren2001

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wont be going myself for several weeks but if you do go expect a queue of up to an hour to get inside. Probably better off to go late in the evening about an hour before closing if you're just there to check a product

Went on Thursday morning. Arrived at 10:10, store opened at 10:30. I was in around 10:40. I probably spent less time queuing overall as I waltzed up to the till and flew around the store as it felt completely empty.

That was pretty decent for the first week back open. The shopping centres are back open today now too so people have more and more places to go browse and kill time, thus queues will be less and less. I would still avoid Ikea at the weekends though, its always going to be busy then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

75 min queue this morn, I started queuing at 10:30. The shop was empty in places but got pretty crowded in others. Card only payments.

So I’m of absolutely no use to the OP.

What’s the product? Someone might know something about it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

bren2001 wrote: »
    Went on Thursday morning. Arrived at 10:10, store opened at 10:30. I was in around 10:40. I probably spent less time queuing overall as I waltzed up to the till and flew around the store as it felt completely empty.

So what you are telling me is that it would have been no bother for you post here , I tell what I need info on to check on the product?

:p

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

So what you are telling me is that it would have been no bother for you post here , I tell what I need info on to check on the product?

:p

;)

:confused: Also, you don't think it's a BIT much asking randomers to check something vague out for you?

I'm not from Dublin and would be getting it delivered.

Just would have like to have some info first.

Birneybau wrote: »
    :confused: Also, you don't think it's a BIT much asking randomers to check something vague out for you?

Anybody who thinks it "too much" wouldn't be interested in looking or commenting here.

Anybody who is happy to help out would not think it is "too much".

I think you need to look up the definition of "vague". I have posted NO details whatsoever. That is not "vague" at all.

van_beano wrote: »
    75 min queue this morn, I started queuing at 10:30. The shop was empty in places but got pretty crowded in others. Card only payments.

So I’m of absolutely no use to the OP.

What’s the product? Someone might know something about it already.

You could have been though. ;)

I was waiting to see if anyone would say yes before I posted the name of the product, although it might have made more sense to do so in case I didn't see a response in time.

It is the LYCKSELE LÖVÅS Chair-bed - https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/lycksele-loevas-chair-bed-vallarum-grey-s69134158/

It is in stock but "currently unavailable for delivery" (was available when I started the thread) so maybe it is pointless at the moment.

I need to know if the bed frame itself comes in a box.

I've heard some horror stories about Ikea furniture delivery.

I've a small couch the looks a bit like that, cost about €90. That came flat packed, I'd imagine this will be the same.

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    I've a small couch the looks a bit like that, cost about €90. That came flat packed, I'd imagine this will be the same.

Thank you.

Have you got a link for that couch?

We are currently discussing ideas for the room since the chair bed in question is not available to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If you go into product details and then package details, it tells you that it comes in 3 packages.

Not sure if that's any use to you.

If you go into product details and then package details, it tells you that it comes in 3 packages.

Not sure if that's any use to you.

yes the frame, mattress and cover are the three items but I wanted to know if the frame itself is in a box.

Delivery is not an option though so I was just heading to the Home & Garden section for help with alternatives - need a small narrow bed/sofa for a small space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Tails142

What do you think the frame comes flat packed in, if not a box?

Thank you.

Have you got a link for that couch?

We are currently discussing ideas for the room since the chair bed in question is not available to deliver.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/knopparp-2-seat-sofa-knisa-light-grey-70424623/

Not great for comfort, works well for kids in playroom, needs additional cushions. Like most things in Ikea it’s disposable furniture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fia11

Has anyone been to IKEA this week? What are the queues like?

Fia11 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to IKEA this week? What are the queues like?

Two guys on Page 1 said easy going

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Can you walk by tills if you know what you want instead of walking around the whole shop to get to the warehouse

jonny_b wrote: »
    Can you walk by tills if you know what you want instead of walking around the whole shop to get to the warehouse

There are short cuts...

If memory serves me.... You can go up the stairs to the showroom but instead of going straight if you go to the left there's a small walkway... There's mirrors on the wall if you follow that it brings you to the top of the stairs to get down to the market place.

When you go down the stairs at the market place again if you turn to the left walk slightly back there's double doors that will bring you to the cash register section.

jonny_b wrote: »
    There are short cuts...

If memory serves me.... You can go up the stairs to the showroom but instead of going straight if you go to the left there's a small walkway... There's mirrors on the wall if you follow that it brings you to the top of the stairs to get down to the market place.

When you go down the stairs at the market place again if you turn to the left walk slightly back there's double doors that will bring you to the cash register section.

Don't go alone jonny_b - that sounds like a trap!!!

• Advertisement

Don't go alone jonny_b - that sounds like a trap!!!

Haha nope... No entrapment :D

Still takes forever but the shortcuts work.... But have you even been to ikea if you don't have storage boxes or smelly candles in your trolley :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In olden days I've managed to use that route to the warehouse, grab a box from the shelves and be back in the car in about 6 minutes end to end.

Haha nope... No entrapment :D

Still takes forever but the shortcuts work.... But have you even been to ikea if you don't have storage boxes or smelly candles in your trolley :)

Yes Ikea is an experience not to be rushed

The chair bed I'm after is in stock at the Ballymun shop but not available online - which I took to mean it is not at the warehouse where they process the online orders.

I contacted customer support today to ask if it would be possible to ge one from Ballymun. The agent could not fathom it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

There last night.

90 minute queue to get in, and some shortcut restrictions once you get in - principally you can't cut through to the checkout area from the 1st floor.

Well organised internally. Everything nice and calm.

I more or less always go in through the checkout section knowing the location of what I want in the warehouse or market hall and getting it quick, sometimes a quick scan of the Bargain hall section and then out of there. I would imagine that trick is blocked off so I'll avoid it for another few weeks and I wouldnt fancy queuing for an hour to just get a handful of items.

Presuming the restaurant is closed up there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Presuming the restaurant is closed up there too?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

So I am told this is the reason some items are not available for delivery....

Some items that are above a certain weight/height require two people to lift them and this cannot be done while practicing safe social distancing as the delivery drivers are only allowed one per van

Might be wrong...

So I am told this is the reason some items are not available for delivery....

Some items that are above a certain weight/height require two people to lift them and this cannot be done while practicing safe social distancing as the delivery drivers are only allowed one per van

Might be wrong...

That would be understandable however they are using two man couriers. Heard this from another thread.

• Advertisement

We can gp from Monday on but we want is the chair bed.

I never even thought to consider anything other than the size.

No idea if it is rioter a comfortable bed or comfortable chair. :rolleyes:

I would not like to queue so long and find out it was not worth it.

Advertisement