Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Throwdown 2018

• 05-03-2018 11:09am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭

CT will be taking place at The Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown, on August 25th- 26th this year!

Announced so far:
    • Capcom Pro Tour Ranking Event
    • Tekken World Tour Challenger event- $1000 pot bonus

Feel free to ask questions etc here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What denomination is that $1000 in? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What denomination is that $1000 in? :pac:

:D Bajan? Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RRSCH

What do I need to do to attend? Buy a ticket, register somewhere, something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

RRSCH wrote: »
    What do I need to do to attend? Buy a ticket, register somewhere, something else?

http://celticthrowdown.com/registration/

Probably best to create a smash.gg account first if you don't already have one: https://smash.gg/

Get your competitor pass, and sign up for any main tournaments you want to play in.

Some tournaments may be on the day sign ups, run by a community member.

Then turn up on August 25th and have fun.

Nah, I saw that, but I just want to watch not play

• Advertisement

Nah, I saw that, but I just want to watch not play

Just but a spectators pass in that case!

Just but a spectators pass in that case!

That's done, now do I have to print the e-mail registration I got or how does that work?

That's done, now do I have to print the e-mail registration I got or how does that work?

I don't handle the door but pretty sure that'll cover you :)

I don't handle the door but pretty sure that'll cover you :)

Sweet. Thanks a bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there any casuals on either day or is it just the main competitions that are on.

Excuse my ignorance but the only other thing like this I’ve ever been at was the tekken 7 launch which you could just drop in against different people around the hall for a casual match. I didn’t play the competition but loved playing casuals. It was like the arcades of my youth playing against others in real life.

Edit, registered to spectate. No real idea of what to expect but looking forward to it all the same. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just signed up. Hope I don't have any travel woes because of the pope visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beldub01

Just signed up. Hope I don't have any travel woes because of the pope visit.

Yes , I just want to go as a spectator and maybe play a few casual games but held off registering because of traffic / security due to Pope’s visit
    Can you pay at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There will be lots of casuals available. Probably not during the initial pools though.

Cannot pay at the door.

If you cannot pay at door can you still register?

There will be lots of casuals available. Probably not during the initial pools though.

Cannot pay at the door.

Got an email from Aaron you can pay at the door for a spectator pass
    Attendance might be effected by traffic from Pope’s visit as it is - looking forward to watching top players which i am not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Spent about 4 hours spectating today. It was fantastic.

Fair play to ye that were organising it. Not an easy thing to pull off I’d imagine.

Hoping to sneak down tomorrow for an hour or so. We’ll see.

Final thoughts....

1. I have absolutely and utterly no idea what’s going on in Dragon ball fighterz.. looks cool though.

2. There was a dude playing as Nash , from Sweden I think, who had actually done his hair up like Nash. Dedication. That is all.

Spent about 4 hours spectating today. It was fantastic.

Fair play to ye that were organising it. Not an easy thing to pull off I’d imagine.

Hoping to sneak down tomorrow for an hour or so. We’ll see.

Final thoughts....

1. I have absolutely and utterly no idea what’s going on in Dragon ball fighterz.. looks cool though.

2. There was a dude playing as Nash , from Sweden I think, who had actually done his hair up like Nash. Dedication. That is all.

No, it was not easy :D

I'm convinced there is roughly 3 people in the world who know what is going on in DBFZ :D

That guys name is Ixion, he's well known in the FGC!

Advertisement