Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48 phone network

Options
  • 05-06-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

At www. 48months .ie it states that you need to be between the ages of 18-22 to join, is this age discrimination? I'm 14 and I'm wondering that if I join, will 48 e able to cancel my contract because I am not in the age group?

Also, say if I was 18 and joined 48 on my 18th birthday, would my contract be cancelled on my 23rd birthday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Nope, I'm on 48 and definitely NOT in the 18-22 age bracket!

They ask you what age you are when you are sending your details... but I'd never tell a 14 year old to lie about their age.....:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I know someone who is 40+ using their network. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

heyythere wrote: »
    At www. 48months .ie it states that you need to be between the ages of 18-22 to join, is this age discrimination? I'm 14 and I'm wondering that if I join, will 48 e able to cancel my contract because I am not in the age group?

Someone under 18 years of age can't enter in to a contract legally. Your parents must open that contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

what contract? it's prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barneyr

48 is a great net work, I get great coverage and you can sign up at any age, just lie, I did and I am well over the age of 48, the service is great

• Advertisement

What is the story with 48.ie?
    Do you have to buy a Membership aswell as Credit?
    My Current Membership has 8 Days left on it.
    I bought a New membership but it won't kick in til 27Feb.
    If I do have to buy credit aswell as Membership then that is false advertising that it is only 7.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

amenannon wrote: »
    What is the story with 48.ie?
    Do you have to buy a Membership aswell as Credit?
    My Current Membership has 8 Days left on it.
    I bought a New membership but it won't kick in til 27Feb.
    If I do have to buy credit aswell as Membership then that is false advertising that it is only 7.99 a month.

Credit is only needed for calls and texts that aren't included in your membership. i.e international and premium calls and texts.

Advertisement