Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We Are Liiiiiiiiiive! (On both platforms in Ireland)

• 01-03-2013 12:16pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We just past approval on Apples AppStore....

http://appstore.com/thejumpescapethecity

Recently we asked for testers on this forum and a big bunch of you helped us out. This is the fruits of that labour. :)

The game is now live in Ireland and going world wide this Sunday! I would love people to play it. Its been a bit of a dream to make games for me and this is our first professional offering! (and we think its a lot of fun :) )

Thanks and please rate it (and "like" it?) if you would, whatever you think its worth!

http://appstore.com/thejumpescapethecity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Playing on ipod, ran the tutorial, completed, on the section where I learn about powerups I didn't select any. Start did nothing, pressing the back arrow gave me a screenshot of the game and the app crashed.

Seems like an alright game though. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Playing on ipod, ran the tutorial, completed, on the section where I learn about powerups I didn't select any. Start did nothing, pressing the back arrow gave me a screenshot of the game and the app crashed.

Seems like an alright game though. Well done.

Thanks for the info! Can you tell us which model of iPod pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Played it on my android phone, very good game and have just given it 5 stars on the Google play store.

karlh wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Can you tell us which model of iPod pls?

4th gen, os 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

4th gen, os 6.0

Ah ok - we actually only support iPhone 4+ and tried to exclude devices below that since performance can't be guaranteed. Probs mainly down to RAM - game best played 512MB+, 1GB ideally. AFAIK 4th gen iPod touch is 256

• Advertisement

That's fair enough. The tutorial ran fine, just crashed as mentioned above. Subsequent plays have resulted in laggy performance leading to a swift crash but seeing as it's the ipod that's fair enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Big congrats to all involved there - no easy ticket to achieve this!

Believe me, I tried to break my 3GS so I could have a device to run this (amongst other reasons) but it's a hardy stubborn critter and survived my best efforts including removing several components from the mother board with a penknife... dammit.. :mad:

Anyways, sorry I couldn't be more help and hope the loot starts rolling in for ya! :D

Advertisement