Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Landscaper recommendations Dublin

Options
  • 01-03-2021 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

As per the title I'm looking for recommendations for a garden landscaper in Dublin.
    Obviously googled but there are so many options it would be nice to narrow it down with personal experience.
    Looking to get a patio and some artificial grass put in.
    Not a big space. 10m x 10m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭rje66

Drop in your location, that may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Brego888 wrote: »
    As per the title I'm looking for recommendations for a garden landscaper in Dublin.
    Obviously googled but there are so many options it would be nice to narrow it down with personal experience.
    Looking to get a patio and some artificial grass put in.
    Not a big space. 10m x 10m
    Where in Dublin are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

North county. Donabate.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Brego888 wrote: »
    North county. Donabate.

Hey,
    Also interested in this, if anyone gets back to you by pm please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

I have spent the last 4 weeks looking at this with respect to 31 sq m of a patio and 51 sq m of artificial grass.
    First off the difference in the quality of artificial grass is big where some are soft and some are very spikey. Some are imported from China and some come from Holland.
    Price per sq m can range from €22 up to €38 per sq m.

I have also looked at the different ways in which some do the job. Dig down 100mm, weed barrier, hardcore 804 and quarry dust compacted.
    I have been reliably informed also, that if you have cats and dogs who urinate on the artificial grass after 2 weeks of it the place will stink so bear that in mind.

The cost difference for me is in the region of 5K.
    Also, I looked into whether drainage is required for the garden area and it's not necessary as the rain water will dissipate okay. The only area where I am putting in drain channel is where the patio meets the garden.
    I haven't started the project yet but I have singled out a landscaper who is well experienced and capable. He has taken jobs from the big players and I am well impressed with his work. He does cover the Dublin area.

If you want any more advice let me know...

• Advertisement
Advertisement