Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Amazon Music/Prime Video/Kindle and Cafeyn for 99c for 3 months, on Three

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Just to be aware, according to that link above:

"Many of our legacy plans won’t have this service available so be sure to check out How To: Choose a Bill Pay Plan and How to: Choose a Prepay plan for details on how to change to one of our newer price plans."

So if you have the older plan where you get to keep your credit, to get one of these offers, you'll have to change to a newer plan.

I was halfway through signing up for Cafeyn when I copped this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Plus prime video etc is quite crap since Brexit so nothing major to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

draoicht wrote: »
    Just to be aware, according to that link above:

"Many of our legacy plans won’t have this service available so be sure to check out How To: Choose a Bill Pay Plan and How to: Choose a Prepay plan for details on how to change to one of our newer price plans."

So if you have the older plan where you get to keep your credit, to get one of these offers, you'll have to change to a newer plan.

I was halfway through signing up for Cafeyn when I copped this.

And the don't make it obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

Are you signing up for a 12 month contract or can you cancel after the 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am on an old legacy plan where I keep the credit & I signed up to Amazon Video. I didn't see anything about changing plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Discodog wrote: »
    I am on an old legacy plan where I keep the credit & I signed up to Amazon Video. I didn't see anything about changing plans.

Apoligies if I've got this wrong. When I was signing up for Cafeyn, the last page to confirm my order had a box stating “no plan” as to what plan I was on. I was worried that this meant I had to sign up for one of their newer plans. I cancelled and read on their site that “Many of our legacy plans won’t have this service available ...”

I know they make you sign up to a new plan if you want the 5G add-on so this is normal for 3.

I use my credit for subscriptions to Disney+, Discovery+, the odd book and calls outside of my plan, I'm totally paranoid I would lose all this by signing up to something that 3 would use to get me off my current plan.

Hopefully I'm wrong as the Cafeyn offer is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

TheDriver wrote: »

TBH I haven't really noticed anything. Maybe some sports, not sure what will happen if there is another nations cup in rugby, but the shows seem mostly the same. From what I watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TheDriver wrote: »

That depends on what you want to watch. I find that theres plenty there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pretty shameful by Three if this is the case. It appears under "add ons" for those of us under the legacy contracts. How exactly is it an "add on" if it changes your contract? It shouldn't be advertised/suggested as available if it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

I signed up for prime and got no notification of change in terms which I would have to agree to if they legally wanted me to change plan. Still shows 3pay legacy device in my3 as expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I wanted to sign up for the Kindle unlimited deal but not going to risk them changing my plan as I already pay for Disney+, cloud storage and Tivimate with it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ruth123456

How do u pay for cloud storage using three credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

ruth123456 wrote: »
    How do u pay for cloud storage using three credit?

Had Mega, have Google One, both can be paid for using credit.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

If you are errrmmm using a 3 phone sim in a broadband device you can use your free credit to pay for things like youtube premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

How do you redeem the offer, do they text you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

How do you redeem the offer, do they text you a link?

Yep IRC it came in a text message link to sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

I just contacted three on the my3 webchat, to confirm the plan changes if any. Was worried about losing my legacy plan!

Got a message saying, "You are on the 3 Prepay Legacy plan, and yourplan is not going to change with the subscription of Amazon Prime subscriptions."

I signed up for the Amazon Video and Music, and Kindle fwiw

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

By 'some legacy plans' they mean O2 plans. If you're on an old O2 plan, you have to change to a Three plan to avail of these add-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

irishchris wrote: »
    Yep IRC it came in a text message link to sign up
    how long to recive text message applyed this moring ?

Advertisement