Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Some ad on the TV about home schooling or some such..where the guy says
    Something like “now that it’s twinty twinty one” meaning 2021.

He probably also says, "nnnnnyyyyifit" :mad:

When you click into an article telling you tips on how to save e.g. 20k in a year, and none of it is relevant.

"We cut our gym membership" - I don't go to the gym.

"We stopped spending 30 quid a week on takeaway coffee" - I don't drink iced, caramelised concoctions masquerading as coffee. Related TA is when these people insist they need a coffee to function or wake up - but you're literally consuming no caffeine, maybe it's the sugar you miss.

"We stopped getting takeaways five nights a week" - Seriously?:eek:

Another TA is the Irish Council for Civil Liberties, apparently "up in arms" about the imposition of fines for restriction violations. They suggest a "clear messaging approach" is more useful - hello there have been clear messages for 12 months and we still have people travelling 80km for a burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Get TA'd every time someone says 'floor' when they mean 'ground'. There are some exceptions of course, such as the ocean 'floor', but in general the floor refers to the surface you walk on when inside a building, whilst the ground refers to the surface you walk on when you're outside. I thought I might be going a little mad (maybe I am!) but it seems that I'm not the only one ticked off by this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=floor+or+ground

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching The Planets . TA is the way Uranus is pronounced. It's now called U-ranus. , and not like when I was growing up , UR-anus.

It's 2021 and I've just received an email from someone promising to "revert back".

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    Watching The Planets . TA is the way Uranus is pronounced. It's now called U-ranus. , and not like when I was growing up , UR-anus.

Someone with an anus probably got offended. I've happy childhood memories of sniggering at that in the classroom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

cj maxx wrote:

Did you not see that episode of futurama?

They've changed the name of ur-anus because of all the stupid childish jokes that were being made.

It's now called urectum.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Dear other dog owners, I know many hundreds of thousands of my fellow countrymen suffer from that awful disability of being an absolute lazy b@stard, but please explain to me the thinking behind going through all of the effort of picking up your dog's poo to only go away and hang it on the nearest tree/fence/wall?

Cop on and carry it to a bloody bin you twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dear other dog owners, I know many hundreds of thousands of my fellow countrymen suffer from that awful disability of being an absolute lazy b@stard, but please explain to me the thinking behind going through all of the effort of picking up your dog's poo to only go away and hang it on the nearest tree/fence/wall?

Cop on and carry it to a bloody bin you twat.

Oh, it’s ok. They’re coming back for it. They just don’t want to carry it around with them. If you see it there tomorrow it must be someone else’s.

The tide is turning…

AxleAddict wrote: »
    Get TA'd every time someone says 'floor' when they mean 'ground'. There are some exceptions of course, such as the ocean 'floor', but in general the floor refers to the surface you walk on when inside a building, whilst the ground refers to the surface you walk on when you're outside. I thought I might be going a little mad (maybe I am!) but it seems that I'm not the only one ticked off by this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=floor+or+ground

YES!!
    What is that about? I've noticed it's a common UK thing - ssooooo annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Yeah - I find it crops up quite regularly on UK-based sports commentary... argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Antares35 wrote: »
    It's 2021 and I've just received an email from someone promising to "revert back".

Paschal Donoghue...... has to be him ?

No maybe not... his fav. one is “respond back”.

Listen out for it..... Brenner telth ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Before I left work, I checked for an email to see if my click and collect was ready for collection, no email.

I go and do things, one three doors down from the click and collect venue.

Arrive home and the notification is there! the moaning tom about having to shlep back there!
    also having to print off the ready to pick up email! ffs, photo not do?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bredabe wrote: »
    Before I left work, I checked for an email to see if my click and collect was ready for collection, no email.

I go and do things, one three doors down from the click and collect venue.

Arrive home and the notification is there! the moaning tom about having to shlep back there!
    also having to print off the ready to pick up email! ffs, photo not do?

Email on your phone and ID should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Polo-necks on men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When you go to someone's house and they're the sort of people who don't peel off the barcode sticker from the bottom of the mug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

How needy dogs are. I walk to the fridge, dog follows, walk to the kettle, dog follows,back to the fridge, dog follows. He follows me around till I sit down. You can see the whole kitchen from the sitting room. On the other hand the cat doesn't give a ****e where I go

PsychoPete wrote: »
    How needy dogs are. I walk to the fridge, dog follows, walk to the kettle, dog follows,back to the fridge, dog follows. He follows me around till I sit down. You can see the whole kitchen from the sitting room. On the other hand the cat doesn't give a ****e where I go

The worst is when you go to the jacks and you can hear the heavy breathing under the door :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The worst is when you go to the jacks and you can hear the heavy breathing under the door :eek:

Are you sure that's the dog, Shelly...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I just turn on the tap and the dog bolts like a cheetah away from the bathroom

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Are you sure that's the dog, Shelly...

Positive :D

Ha same. Mine follows me to the bathroom and watches. It's really unnerving :D But then when I leave the room and she stands up to come with me, I find myself trying to reason with her. I'll tell her, "I'm only going to the bin" or "no stay there I'll only be a minute" as if she's going to say, "oh ok, that's grand, I'll hang on here so".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Want to swap cats? Can't even go to the loo in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Since lockdown I've made a kind of office set up in the conservatory which although cold, is grand enough. However, somebody in the house keeps leaving food scraps out for the neighbours cats. They and apparently every wild animal within two miles know about this, and I'm often on zoom calls while the contents of Noahs ark gather around me on window sills growling, mewling, mioawing and cawing at me for attention. Yesterday I saw a magpie flying away with a chickens backbone while a cat with only one ear was staring at me with an intensity that I could feel in my soul.
    I love animals a lot, but it's unnerving when they're gathering around you staring at you with a look that says if I died, they would break in and eat me. I know what it feels like now to be in a zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

When I hear people referring to the Atlantic ocean as the pond. Its usually smug Brits or Anglo loving Americans that use it. But what is really annoying is when I hear Irish people in the media use it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

beerguts wrote: »
    When I hear people referring to the Atlantic ocean as the pond. Its usually smug Brits or Anglo loving Americans that use it. But what is really annoying is when I hear Irish people in the media use it.

Ever heard of "The Emergency" and of "The Troubles"? Masters of the understatement, the Irish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When you stop to sanitise your hands going into a shop and the people behind you walk right up on top of you, don't sanitise their hands and pass you by.

Yes. I had a guy screech to a dramatic halt recently, then sidestep, and barge on, into the shop, because I had the cheek to be in his way for a couple of seconds while sanitising my hands. Tool.

Archeron wrote: »
    Yesterday I saw a magpie flying away with a chickens backbone while a cat with only one ear was staring at me with an intensity that I could feel in my soul.

I wish there was a post of the day award :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Probably from Paschal D our esteemed Fin.Minister ....he always says that ....

Apart from that he is very competent ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Was coming back from the vet this evening and OH texted for toilet paper. Of all the ironies, being in lockdown and not having loo roll. Anyway already TAd that I'd to risk going into a shop in person, while there, passed a man (sorry, tried to pass a man) with his THREE kids...blocking up an entire aisle...teaching them how to scan the shopping on a hand held self scanner. Of all the stupid fúckery during a pandemic, to treat a shop like a playground. And he was doing that "loud so that everyone can hear me" type of parenting that I detest.

"Now Oisin, it's Fiadh's turn to scan the shopping, pass it to her please. No don't show her how to do it, she has to learn herself".

God, people :(

Annoying at the best of times, but right now...WTF...aaaaaaaargh! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement