Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stage 21: Cernusco sul Naviglio – Milano 15.7 km ITT

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Great win by Irish- Scots rider Tao Geoghegan Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Another win for rim brakes!

Why anyone would want disc brakes on a TT bike is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fair play to them. Not just the actual time before the stage but there was nothing between them on the climbs. TGH was better in the TT and that was the difference. Greatly contested tour. It shows you don't need the A-Listers to make a very entertaining 3 week tour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well done to TGH. We'll see what sort of reaction he gets in the British media to his victory — Adam Yates was overlooked when he won a few years ago.

How does he fit in with the team for next year? Bernal. Thomas, Carapaz, Sivakov and potentially Dennis if he puts his mind to it. Not to mention Porte, Martinez and Adam Yates who've signed for next year! A big bump in his contract for sure if he stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

Tao Geoghegan Hart, the first patron saint to win the Giro D'Italia, according to Eurosport UK.

But in all seriousness, fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Interesting interview by Brailsford... now that they are Ineos they are reinventing themselves to go for exciting wins rather than winning by parking the bus.

Like almost everyone here I didn't like the way they won in the Froome years but have had no problem with them this Giro. Some great stages

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Brailsford admitted that Sky/Ineos found a way to win in the Froome years and became stationary allowing other teams to move past them. The crashes for Froome & GT have directly changed the path of the outfit & for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Well done to TGH. We'll see what sort of reaction he gets in the British media to his victory — Adam Yates was overlooked when he won a few years ago.

How does he fit in with the team for next year? Bernal. Thomas, Carapaz, Sivakov and potentially Dennis if he puts his mind to it. Not to mention Porte, Martinez and Adam Yates who've signed for next year! A big bump in his contract for sure if he stays.

Gonna be tough for Eddie to get a look in next year, with the people signed and the likes of TGH, Dennis, Ganna taking themselves to the next level.
    Its a pity that he was ruled out of this giro, who ended up subbing in for him on the Ineos team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Completely accidental too. From the interviews (TGH, Ganna) you get the impression the team really enjoyed themselves this Giro. In Brailsford words after Thomas went home, getting in the break was open to all and whoever didn't make it would help out TGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ganna completely monstered everyone:

https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/1320391825258065925

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

velo.2010 wrote: »

Hope he enjoys this and doesn’t mind being ignored by UK mainstream sports media.
    Everton’s loss to Southampton and Coutinho’s hamstring injury are currently ranking above his Giro win on BBC sport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Doc07 wrote: »
    Hope he enjoys this and doesn’t mind being ignored by UK mainstream sports media.
    Everton’s loss to Southampton and Coutinho’s hamstring injury are currently ranking above his Giro win on BBC sport

You think that's ignorance? Jai Hindley (from Perth)doesn't even get a mention on the main sports page of the West Australia online newspaper! Hamilton's new F1 record is reported so the overnight shift is not an excuse. I didn't realise cycling is so poorly reported in Australia. A quick glance at the Sydney Morning Herald suggests the same lack of interest.

https://thewest.com.au/sport
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Inquitus wrote: »
    Surely that's sarcastic?
    I also loved it tbh. Think people on here massively overplay the commentary - every second comment on a stage thread is about the commentators. Learn to live with it or turn the volume down. And this is the Ineos Grenadiers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I also loved it tbh. Think people on here massively overplay the commentary - every second comment on a stage thread is about the commentators. Learn to live with it or turn the volume down. And this is the Ineos Grenadiers

+1

These guys are operating remotely and did a great job for me. Hatch does a job good and I'm sure the riders actually appreciate the correct pronunciation of names for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dahat wrote: »
    +1

These guys are operating remotely and did a great job for me. Hatch does a job good and I'm sure the riders actually appreciate the correct pronunciation of names for once.
    Aside from Bradley Wiggins, will never like that clown

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Amazed to hear from Rob Hatch that this is the first year ever in the Giro that Italy hasn't someone in the top 5. That's fair going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭G1032

Hear hear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Interesting interview by Brailsford... now that they are Ineos they are reinventing themselves to go for exciting wins rather than winning by parking the bus.

Like almost everyone here I didn't like the way they won in the Froome years but have had no problem with them this Giro. Some great stages

Signing Carapaz was a sure sign of that, I dont see him riding in a boring train like Froome etc, the lad just loves to attack!

• Advertisement

I mentioned on one of the threads between Covid and cheering for Ineos what a strange year it's been and I'd cheer for Carapaz at la Vuelta too becasue JV seem to have taken on that train role in racing now. I honestly didn't think the Ineos move was a good one for him but I've changed my mind on that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I thought Ganna's bike was magnificent. They need now to make disc wheels shiney. Or at least glittery. Beyond logos!

eeeee wrote: »
    I thought Ganna's bike was magnificent. They need now to make disc wheels shiney. Or at least glittery. Beyond logos!

It does look very good:

CORVOS_00032569-040-2048x1365.jpg

The bike looks like it went to the gym to buff up , look at the definition :pac:

Different paint job to the one he rode in the 1st TT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

easy not listen when they are speaking welsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Tao was a regular contributor on the London fixed gear forum back when he was in his early teens and was suitably excited to win a slot on the inaugral Sky ride. (Brailsford with probably claim that it was marginal gains)
    sfCKqGe.jpg
    Tao was also giving advice on doing 200km reliability rides when he was 11.

Advertisement